PDA

View Full Version : You guys still dealing with a lot of rainfall?

Florida Gardener
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
About 2 weeks ago we had rain like 7/8 days. It slowed down but we are getting rain every 3 days or so but they are good downpours lasting for axwhile. Thing is they are random as heck. Last Friday started at 530 and went till 730. Today randomly just started round 2 and maybe lasted till 3. It's been good enough where it doesn't ruin the day which is good. I have all my customers systems off and the yards are looking great...
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I turned several back on for watering on Wednesday or Thursday. Saturday was the last decent rain. If I left it up to them, they'd only turn it back on when the lawn burst into flames.

Ric
07-13-2011, 09:02 AM

Today seems like the first day I have not awaken to rain or very wet ground. Of course once the sun comes up the water on the ground becomes a steam bath.

Traditionally our Rains come in the late afternoon a cool the evenings. By the next morning most all the water has soaked in. We always have had a high humidity in summer, but nothing like these last few weeks of tropical depression rain we have been getting in the early mornings or all day.

Ric
07-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Today seems like the first day I have not awaken to rain or very wet ground. Of course once the sun comes up the water on the ground becomes a steam bath.

Traditionally our Rains come in the late afternoon a cool the evenings. By the next morning most all the water has soaked in. We always have had a high humidity in summer, but nothing like these last few weeks of tropical depression rain we have been getting in the early mornings or all day.

Well Mother Naturer just made a Lair out of me one more time. I am back in the house watching Dogs and Cats falling from the sky.

billslawn89
07-13-2011, 09:39 PM
i cant believe this rain..all around charlotte harbor was rain today and that was my route today. i started out early and by 9am it was pouring. i was at a clients house, started to do all the edging and string trimming, mind you, didn't look like rain at all, just some clouds lingering, finished up string trimming, go to the front of house and there she was... a freaking rain clould coming my way. got soaked.

zturncutter
07-13-2011, 10:31 PM
This random any time of the day crap is getting old.

Ric
07-13-2011, 10:45 PM

The Rainy season came late this year. But when it got here it made up for lost time. Normally it is the first few weeks of August that we get daily Steam baths.

Florida Gardener
07-13-2011, 11:01 PM

The Rainy season came late this year. But when it got here it made up for lost time. Normally it is the first few weeks of August that we get daily Steam baths.

Today was brutal. Random rain around 4 pm that showed up out of nowhere. Tomorrow and Friday will be scorchers as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
07-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Customer came out today as I was finishing up about 6:15 with an ice cold Bud in one hand and a water in the other, I accepted both :drinkup:

South Florida Lawns
07-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Not much rain this week in our area. There were lawns already showing lack of water today.

KrayzKajun
07-14-2011, 11:19 PM
It has rained everyday this week. Owell kEeps the grass growing.
Posted via Mobile Device