PDA

View Full Version : Exmark question

Toatlandscape
10-22-2002, 03:29 PM
I was talking to another LCO today he said that Exmark is made by Snapper. Is this true? I thougt that Exmark manufactured their own product. If they are Snapper then who are the the only companies that manufacture their own equipment? There must not be many.

Fantasy Lawns
10-22-2002, 03:40 PM
Walker n Dixie Chopper make their own ( there's others I'm Sure)

Exmark is a division of Toro
http://www.toro.com/companyinfo/01annual/ceoletter1.html

All 3 are Excellent ZTR's ... can't say for Toro as I have never owned anything over a 21 ...which was a great push mower .... but we don't use em anymore ;->

Richard Martin
10-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Toro does own Exmark but Exmark is operated as a seperate entity.

Some companies that make their own mowers are:

Exmark
Dixie Chopper
Walker
Gravely
Encore
Rich
Hustler
Wright

and about 3 dozen others.

rodfather
10-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Exmark is a divison of Toro...wholly owned by Toro...but run completely separate from them. Kind of like when Chrysler bought out Jaguear...BTW, does Chrysler they still own Jag?

greenman
10-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rodfather
Exmark is a divison of Toro...wholly owned by Toro...but run completely separate from them. Kind of like when Chrysler bought out Jaguear...BTW, does Chrysler they still own Jag?

I dont know if they still own Jag. Several years ago they bought out Lamborghini, but they still produce their own cars, not Chrysler.

exmarkdude
10-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Ford owns Jaguar.

65hoss
10-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by exmarkdude
Ford owns Jaguar. True! Ford owns Jag, Ferrari, Mazda, and a couple others I believe.

Exmark makes their own equipment. Snapper has nothing to do with eXmark. Tell the other LCO he doesn't have a clue.;)

scagman
10-23-2002, 01:46 AM
NO NO!! Scag owns Exmark and thats a fact jack! Scag also owns Walker, Hustler, Dixie and Toro. If you want to argue I can paste the factorial info!

J/K I would of loved to of seen some of your faces!

rkbrown
10-23-2002, 09:01 AM
I thought they were all owned by Microsoft !!!??? :)

MacLawnCo
10-23-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by greenman
I dont know if they still own Jag. Several years ago they bought out Lamborghini, but they still produce their own cars, not Chrysler.

Lamborgini is NOT owned by chrysler. It is however owned by VW. Ford also owns Landrover now.

Bill Davis
10-23-2002, 09:14 AM
so, Scag owns Exmark?? Now i really am confused. I just like my Exmark and dont care who made it really.

Toatlandscape
10-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Thank all of you for the input. I really don't care who makes what as long as it gets the job done and parts are available when I need them. I just think it is kind of interesting.

ceaman
10-23-2002, 07:18 PM
(Good Joke!):angry: :confused: :eek: :p