PDA

View Full Version : Show us your 13-16 year old setups and equipment!

Exmarkboy13
07-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Show us all of the equipment that us young kids use in our business

Chevy z71
07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Check me out on youtube chevymudding01.

Exmarkboy13
07-14-2011, 06:28 PM
ok, but still post setup

SCBigE
07-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Search picts of my equipment and you will see mine. Can't post doubles of the picts I guess.

Greenlandscaping
07-15-2011, 01:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Greenlandscaping5?feature=mhee#p/u/3/sD76bPMupJ4
Video of everything besides my new power washer, and craftsman straight shaft trimmer.

pattytastik
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Greenlandscaping5?feature=mhee#p/u/3/sD76bPMupJ4
Video of everything besides my new power washer, and craftsman straight shaft trimmer.

That's an awesome setup man! How do you get to all of your jobs? I don't think any states allow 13 year olds to drive haha

Greenlandscaping
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
That's an awesome setup man! How do you get to all of your jobs? I don't think any states allow 13 year olds to drive haha

Lots of people ask me that. My brother who is 21 works for me.

Exmarkboy13
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
come on, post..

lawnguy27
03-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Look for mine in... lawnguy27's picture thread

CS-LAWNSERVICE
03-31-2012, 07:42 AM
most of my equipment is 13-16 years old, can't wait to upgrade it

Mikegyver
03-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Me too I have a 20 year old honda push mower that needs to go.

jhanes
03-31-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm 17 been doing it since 3rd grade. got a 99 F250, 5x8 trailer. 36" bobcat belt drive w/sulky. stihl trimmer.echo trimmer.stihl saw,echo blower,and toro 21" push. Currently have 9 accounts and work for a lawn and landscape company after school and full time durring breaks

lawnguy27
03-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!...not
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravelyman
03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Just because we are 13-16 doesnt mean anything, I bet a lot of the people on here and owners of landscape companys started at that age, and just because we are young doesnt mean we can't get jobs done.

My set up..

lawnguy27
03-31-2012, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=Gravelyman;4367523]Just because we are 13-16 doesnt mean anything, I bet a lot of the people on here and owners of landscape companys started at that age, and just because we are young doesnt mean we can't get jobs done.

My set up..[/QUOTE

Ohh my gosh!! Thank you!!!! Just because we are young doesn't mean we cant do the job! I totally agree with you!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

AWMlandscaping
05-11-2012, 10:50 AM
im 16 and i started at 9, started with about 3-4 accounts now i have over 40.
I started with a toro super recycler, then a cub cadet 33", now a toro 52" fixed deck hydro. Have a 2001 ford f250 super duty, (got rid of qx) and a cargo mate enclosed trailer. My buddy and i work. he has a 2006 exmark tthp. Bobcat 753H a stihl magnum 600 backpack blower and a hedge trimmer. 3 stihl ms290 chainsaws, two stihl fs90r trimmers and a stihl edger. Love what i do. my friend does tree work and climbs.

Kkane97
05-11-2012, 11:05 AM
My compilation of mowers from oldest to newest left to right, getting a scag 36 next year hopefully :)

http://i.imgur.com/TyO9f.jpg?1?5884

http://i.imgur.com/7WJII.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/CShQT.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/rT1G0.jpg

Arena landscaping
05-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Some of my equipment; Redmax bcz2360s trimmer (2) , Redmax gz3500t saw
exmark metro 36" stihl ms 290 farmboss ivco bucket truck and lincon navigator

only 13

kawasaki guy
12-27-2012, 03:49 PM
use the work thread link in my signature to see it.

yardguy28
12-27-2012, 03:55 PM
gosh do you guys even use your equipment. that stuff looks spotless compared to my equipment and most of my stuff is only 3 years old if that.

Darryl G
12-27-2012, 04:07 PM
I was going to post my 12 year old equipment setup but then I realized they were talking about age of the owners, not the equipment, lol.

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I'll have to get picks
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
12-27-2012, 08:50 PM
I was going to post my 12 year old equipment setup but then I realized they were talking about age of the owners, not the equipment, lol.

apparently I made the same mistake....:hammerhead:

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 09:03 PM
What my son drove around during the summer while I worked. Bought the exmark and 36 by himself. He turned 16 in April

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o592/Honda-Man-610/5D98058D-1F25-454C-8409-30CF534632CB-2480-000002BF99600AC0_zps7f571e12.jpg

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 09:37 PM
landfaker, do you have a john deere 7h19 ???

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 09:45 PM
landfaker, do you have a john deere 7h19 ???
Yes I do!!!

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
i have the 48 inch version. i absolutely love mine. i hate deere for discountinuing them. they are awesome. 18" tires, floating deck, 7 iron deck, 7 mph. a great walk behind. looking like crazy for another one lol. do u like yours???

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 09:52 PM
i have the 48 inch version. i absolutely love mine. i hate deere for discountinuing them. they are awesome. 18" tires, floating deck, 7 iron deck, 7 mph. a great walk behind. looking like crazy for another one lol. do u like yours???
Absolutely love it!! Cut is amazing, more power than you will ever need, only con is that it is a pull start, but I got over that once I hit the grass with it. I bough mine on eBay for 1300, yeah you read that right. And its an 09. If you find one buy it, best mower o. The market in my opinion

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 09:59 PM
thats exactly how i feel about mine. trying to find one. they are rare. jd changed plants, so they discontinued them. damit

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 10:02 PM
thats exactly how i feel about mine. trying to find one. they are rare. jd changed plants, so they discontinued them. damit
Deere... You mean Green Wrights :laugh: :laugh:

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 10:10 PM
lol i know its disapointing.

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 10:11 PM
lol i know its disapointing.
To say the least....

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 10:17 PM
theres no excuse, they should be making their own lawnmowers to perfection if they can make a 1,000,000 dollar combine.

LandFakers
12-27-2012, 10:22 PM
theres no excuse, they should be making their own lawnmowers to perfection if they can make a 1,000,000 dollar combine.
Got any pictures of your jungle wheels mount? It's tricky with the oil in the Frame

Exmarkboy13
12-27-2012, 10:50 PM
ill take one and upload it tommorow. its not that bad

a clear difference lawn
12-31-2012, 06:40 AM
ill take one and upload it tommorow. its not that bad

So your saying you are 14 and have a commercial account? You have to be 18 to get business insurance. You have to be 18 to get liscensed. So a commercial account hired a 14 year old uninsured unliscensed kid to mainain their property? I am not saying they did not hire you - it just sounds fishy. What are you going to do when you break something expensive??

Kkane97
12-31-2012, 07:59 AM
So your saying you are 14 and have a commercial account? You have to be 18 to get business insurance. You have to be 18 to get liscensed. So a commercial account hired a 14 year old uninsured unliscensed kid to mainain their property? I am not saying they did not hire you - it just sounds fishy. What are you going to do when you break something expensive??

I know the level of his work and youk want to check out his work thread before making anymore accusations
Posted via Mobile Device

a clear difference lawn
12-31-2012, 08:13 AM
I know the level of his work and youk want to check out his work thread before making anymore accusations
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought I made this point clear. I am not talking about the level of his work - I'm sure it is top notch. I am talking about business ownership. This is a completely different topic.

LawnMan19
12-31-2012, 09:05 AM

He could be insured through his father, by having his father take out the policy and him paying for it.

Exmarkboy13
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
@ kkane97- Thank you for the complement.

@a clear difference lawn- Nice gravelys, and to awnser your question, i cut this gentlemans home, as well as mulch, aerate, and prune his trees year round. he owns a small shopping plaza (about 5 shops, including an embroidme) that i cut. please dont post on this thread to create trouble thank you very much ;)

@ everyone else- ill be sure to get some pics of my stuff up. no worries...

a clear difference lawn
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
@ kkane97- Thank you for the complement.

@a clear difference lawn- Nice gravelys, and to awnser your question, i cut this gentlemans home, as well as mulch, aerate, and prune his trees year round. he owns a small shopping plaza (about 5 shops, including an embroidme) that i cut. please dont post on this thread to create trouble thank you very much ;)

@ everyone else- ill be sure to get some pics of my stuff up. no worries...

How is it creating trouble to ask questions like : He hired you with no insurance? What if you damage a car in the parking lot? Is that coming directly out of your pocket? It does not make sense to think that you can go on forever without damaging anything! Nobody asks if you are liscensed? What if your truck breaks down? You just going to quit going to your accounts? Nobody is going to rent to a 13 year old. Who does your collections? Who does your accts payable? Do you pay any taxes or just pocket all the profit. My point is - there is a big difference between cutting grass and owning a business.

Exmarkboy13
12-31-2012, 01:41 PM
ok, alot of this isnt your business, but ill let you in on alittle, ok??

1) I use an atv to get my stuff around, i have a lawn tractor i used this season as a backup.
2)quickbooks and my brain handles a lot of my stuff.:hammerhead:
3) as far as breaking things, im the only one working on that account, and if something breaks, cash is king.
4) since your probally gonna be a smart arse about my R.O.W account, is a big open feild with electrical transmission lines in it. Nothing to break!!:laugh:

any other questions, feel FREE to ask :dizzy::waving:

Exmarkboy13
12-31-2012, 01:43 PM
and also, im gonna get insurance when i legally can, i know this cant "go on forever" . also look at my work, im not one of those guys who "makes tall grass short" lol

FinerCutslawnCare
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
He does have a valid point with no insurance but I am not feedind the fire. Congrats to all of you and starting your businesses so young. Just make sure you do it all right when you are "legal". I started when I was your age. Hell I joined this site at a young age, but look at my thread and look how far my company has come. Its not the biggest and best, nor do I ever want it to be the biggest, but only the best. Hard work and determination pays off, but just make sure you don't miss out on your childhood, because we all know how much this business takes away from our lives.

a clear difference lawn
12-31-2012, 06:38 PM
ok, alot of this isnt your business, but ill let you in on alittle, ok??

1) I use an atv to get my stuff around, i have a lawn tractor i used this season as a backup.
2)quickbooks and my brain handles a lot of my stuff.:hammerhead:
3) as far as breaking things, im the only one working on that account, and if something breaks, cash is king.
4) since your probally gonna be a smart arse about my R.O.W account, is a big open feild with electrical transmission lines in it. Nothing to break!!:laugh:

any other questions, feel FREE to ask :dizzy::waving:

OK I'm going to call BS on all this. You use an ATV to pull a 5 x10 trailer around town to do 30 residentials and two commercials at 13 years of age. Call me an arse all you want - I just don't believe it. I guess there are no traffic cops were you live, you would get arrested in my town for taking that death trap out on to the road. I am finished with this thread. Good luck on not damaging anything for 5 years with your ATV 5x10 trailer setup. A video of you pulling up to the strip mall and working it alone would be the only thing that would make me believe this crock.

Scagman 48
01-01-2013, 06:11 PM
The thread is here:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=394081

vid proof is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UA7CbnVrhG4

any questions?:hammerhead:

meets1
01-01-2013, 07:32 PM
differance lawn - I kiinda agree with you. I remember when I started at that age - not a one account would look at me. Even today some our big commerical accounts ask for big $$ insurance for liability. I cant even have guys run certain power equipment due to age. I am not sure how owner is treated but one would think 13 owner vs 13 worker - there really is no difference.

As far as the 4 wheeler thing - so be it but whether you have an 1980 or 2013 truck there is a difference of professional when showing up to an account vs a 4 wheeler.

Yes its great a 13 year old is out working but I would be advised to watch your horn toting a bit.

Exmarkboy13
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
hey im not gonna say anything anymore. in the spring, ill start a new work thread and let the pictures speak .thanks. i dont have the patience to write everything out right now lol.

also moderators, if you could shut this thread down (since i created it) thank you very much.

kawasaki guy
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
hey im not gonna say anything anymore. in the spring, ill start a new work thread and let the pictures speak .thanks. i dont have the patience to write everything out right now lol.

also moderators, if you could shut this thread down (since i created it) thank you very much.

you have to click the little red thing in the corner of the post to get the thread deleted.

meets1
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
I dont get it - you started it now you want out so therefore delete this thread??

a clear difference lawn
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM

Look - I could take pictures of the freakin white house and say its my account - that does not mean anything. Its great that you are out working and I am not trying to put you down - I'm just saying keep it real. Don't worry, if you keep working hard you will be successfull - just don't try to rush it. Also. when you are telling people about all the mowers you demo - remember that no dealer I have ever talked to will let someone under 18 demo equipment. I am sure it is no different where you live.

Exmarkboy13
01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
if you want to answer your questions clear difference, pm me. thank you

jakes mowing
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm 14 and I pull my 4x8 trailer with my farmall cub to my accounts. I don't go all over town but on my neighborhood and about three other neighborhoods close by. Dont go telling us that what were doing is wrong, because I know exmarkboy13 and myself run all professional equipment and do good quality work.

Darryl G
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Exmarkboy...I think you need to lighten up a little. Clear Difference brought up some valid points and wasn't being a jerk about it or anything. Personally I would never hire a minor to run power equipment on my property...EVER. And I don't know how things are where you are but where I am you need an arborist license to trim trees and I'd be surprised if there wasn't such a requirement where you are too.

Keep in mind that you're on a professional forum here and it's not your personal blog...people are free to post on your threads and comment as they wish. Chances are that you're breaking several laws in doing what you're doing and exposing those who hire you to significant personal liability.

Best wishes.

Darryl G
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I'd also like to point out that it's a violations of the terms of use of this site to sign up for a user account if you're under 14 (it would appear that you violated that) and in fact to even mention your age. It's also against the terms of use for anyone to solicit any information from minors.

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
ok, i understand. Sorry "clear difference" I probally should have clarified myself alittle better.

1) You comment about the commercial property and my lawn tractor & ATV. I used the lawn tractor this year, with rotating strobes and an SMV to pull my stuff around, up and down all of the side streets (i have 35 accounts, but there on a very tight route, WITH AFEW EXCEPTIONS) . I recently purchased an atv, cause im projecting a huge amount of growth. I live in a very small suburb, and im the biggest "landscaper" in our city at the moment.I know all of the other landscapers, and we all get along well. One actually lives two streets over.

Being its a small town, i know everyone, almost. I cut and do a lot of landscaping for the ex-mayor. we maintain his 3 properties. i know the current mayor, have friends on council, live by and know well the service director, and am friends with the police cheif, and his son. Everyone knows me, if not by name, but by "the guy/kid with the tractor" lol. Me and anyone of my "helpers" wear matching reflective aperall at all times. The local authorities are ok with it, aslong as we stay of side streets. the city drives their super z's around to (i also know all the garbage men/mower operators lol).

The "commercial" is owned by one of my customers. there isnt alot of traffic at his place, so not a lot of people. the parking lot is probally a half acre at most, and its in the back. Afew strips of grass that i mow with a 21, because its alittle out of the range of where i can go, and its bordering another city, so on of my parents, or grandparents just drive me there. 10 min for $35.

I usually only have a "crew" for big landscape installs we do, or mulching/cleanups. jobs with 20, 30, 40, or more yards of material, or an installation. This year, im gonna bring on two guys to help me mow. Of course, they would go through afew months of training before they would be allowed on the job.

Yes, im not insured, but at this age, hate to say it, its unrealistic. i will get insured when i start driving, and that will be when im 16. i turn 15 in febuary.

And all of the pictures I posted are of SOME of my accounts. i take great pride in my work, appearance, and customer service. ive come along way, from 8 years old with a broken push mower and broom, to all commerical grade equipment, a wealth of knowledge, and a great client base, all on my own.

Sorry if i didnt clarify and came across as an a-hole, cause im not, just hate typing and didnt like how somepeople came across.

any questions about my operation feel free to ask, or even give me a call lol.

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
also, we cut postage stamps, all the way up to almost 8 acres. As far as demoing, you dont know my dealer lol. My three dealers know me very well, and know that im not "just some kid kicking tires" my stihl dealer also sells ferris and scag. awesome people have let me demo anything from kombi systems to turf tigers. My honda/stihl dealer let me also take home a push mower before i bought it, to make sure we would like it. the deere dealer is great in that resepct aswell.

Darryl G
01-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Excellent reply. I think we all respect that you guys are out there working instead of sitting around playing with electronic gadges all of the time...my 15 year old could use a lesson or 2 from you, lol.

caseysmowing
01-04-2013, 02:47 PM
also, we cut postage stamps, all the way up to almost 8 acres. As far as demoing, you dont know my dealer lol. My three dealers know me very well, and know that im not "just some kid kicking tires" my stihl dealer also sells ferris and scag. awesome people have let me demo anything from kombi systems to turf tigers. My honda/stihl dealer let me also take home a push mower before i bought it, to make sure we would like it. the deere dealer is great in that resepct aswell.

Well since this thread is already hijacked. You mow almost 8 acres with a 48 inch WB?? How long does that take? I could care less about all the other BS on this thread. Your work is very good and you are young. I would beg your parents to get the lic and insurance because stuff happens. Also check with your area on working laws to be on the safe side. Keep up the good work and be safe.

a clear difference lawn
01-04-2013, 03:41 PM
ok, i understand. Sorry "clear difference" I probally should have clarified myself alittle better.

1) You comment about the commercial property and my lawn tractor & ATV. I used the lawn tractor this year, with rotating strobes and an SMV to pull my stuff around, up and down all of the side streets (i have 35 accounts, but there on a very tight route, WITH AFEW EXCEPTIONS) . I recently purchased an atv, cause im projecting a huge amount of growth. I live in a very small suburb, and im the biggest "landscaper" in our city at the moment.I know all of the other landscapers, and we all get along well. One actually lives two streets over.

Being its a small town, i know everyone, almost. I cut and do a lot of landscaping for the ex-mayor. we maintain his 3 properties. i know the current mayor, have friends on council, live by and know well the service director, and am friends with the police cheif, and his son. Everyone knows me, if not by name, but by "the guy/kid with the tractor" lol. Me and anyone of my "helpers" wear matching reflective aperall at all times. The local authorities are ok with it, aslong as we stay of side streets. the city drives their super z's around to (i also know all the garbage men/mower operators lol).

The "commercial" is owned by one of my customers. there isnt alot of traffic at his place, so not a lot of people. the parking lot is probally a half acre at most, and its in the back. Afew strips of grass that i mow with a 21, because its alittle out of the range of where i can go, and its bordering another city, so on of my parents, or grandparents just drive me there. 10 min for $35.

I usually only have a "crew" for big landscape installs we do, or mulching/cleanups. jobs with 20, 30, 40, or more yards of material, or an installation. This year, im gonna bring on two guys to help me mow. Of course, they would go through afew months of training before they would be allowed on the job.

Yes, im not insured, but at this age, hate to say it, its unrealistic. i will get insured when i start driving, and that will be when im 16. i turn 15 in febuary.

And all of the pictures I posted are of SOME of my accounts. i take great pride in my work, appearance, and customer service. ive come along way, from 8 years old with a broken push mower and broom, to all commerical grade equipment, a wealth of knowledge, and a great client base, all on my own.

Sorry if i didnt clarify and came across as an a-hole, cause im not, just hate typing and didnt like how somepeople came across.

any questions about my operation feel free to ask, or even give me a call lol.

Well I guess I stand corrected - I did not realize that you lived in a town were the laws don't apply to you and you can do what you want. Business insurance is different than car insurance. You will still have to wait till your eighteen. I was by the scag dealer in town today and asked if he would let a 13 year old demo a ztr and he started laughing so hard his face turned red. Must be real nice dealers in your town. I would put a chute blocker on that deere because if something flies out and you injure someone - there could be criminal consequences beyong the hundreds of thousands in civil expenses. One more thing. I went through your entire thread and saw lots of pictures - but none of you actually working. As a matter of fact - I was shocked at how clean your gloves, shirt, and vest were - almost as though they were not being used at all. If you were to put up a video of you on that deere at a commercial account that would really shut me up!

Darryl G
01-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah, well you could go through all of the pictures I've ever taken of my work and not find one of me working in them either...because I'm the one operating the camera, lol. Actually I do have one with me on a job but I wasn't working, just on the job site.

Well, time for this adult to climb out of the play pen, lol. Have fun, please be careful, use proper safety equipment at all times and don't do anything stupid guys.

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Well I guess I stand corrected - I did not realize that you lived in a town were the laws don't apply to you and you can do what you want. Business insurance is different than car insurance. You will still have to wait till your eighteen. I was by the scag dealer in town today and asked if he would let a 13 year old demo a ztr and he started laughing so hard his face turned red. Must be real nice dealers in your town. I would put a chute blocker on that deere because if something flies out and you injure someone - there could be criminal consequences beyong the hundreds of thousands in civil expenses. One more thing. I went through your entire thread and saw lots of pictures - but none of you actually working. As a matter of fact - I was shocked at how clean your gloves, shirt, and vest were - almost as though they were not being used at all. If you were to put up a video of you on that deere at a commercial account that would really shut me up!

1) There are rules and we abide to them, but there are no rules about where people can drive LAWN TRACTOR :hammerhead: I only drive on side streets, which all have little to no traffic. And, my setup looks like something D.O.T would drive, so im deffinately visible.

No chute blocker needed, i bag everything unless its a big, or open feild or yard, with nothing to hit. I also walk each yard right after i trim, to pick up any debris before i mow, to reduce the chance of possibly catching something.

You are in florida, not ohio. you dont know my dealers, how is it fair for you to say how they treat me, and how one of them is a personal friend that my father dealt with when he raced formula 1??? you dont know who my dealers are. for you to make this statement is rediculous and foolish on your part.

None of me working, i can understand your "concern" :dizzy: well, since, like i have stated, i work solo, its kinda hard for me to take a picture of me working, when im, well, working :laugh: and even with a crew of people, im usually working hard, quick, and under stress of some sort. The last thing on my mind is taking pictures for an internet fourm. But, i will get better at this next season, and will take lots of pics, no worries.

My clothes?? well, ever hear of a washing machine?? lol. my grandparents own a dry cleaner, so i send alot of my work clothes there when they get filthy. with the steam cleaning equipment, they can remove that stuff alot easier than bleach can, and it wont damage the reflective vest. i bought the gloves that day, when i went to my dealer to pick up the Kombi system that i bought after i demoed it :walking:

Ill make afew videos on the spring, no problem *trucewhiteflag*;)

any other questions??? lol

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Asturi-Landscape-Lawncare-Commercial-Residential-Grounds-Management/190558897688716

a clear difference lawn
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
You dry clean your work clothes???

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 06:09 PM

hahaha.shows what good maintenance does!

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Well since this thread is already hijacked. You mow almost 8 acres with a 48 inch WB?? How long does that take? I could care less about all the other BS on this thread. Your work is very good and you are young. I would beg your parents to get the lic and insurance because stuff happens. Also check with your area on working laws to be on the safe side. Keep up the good work and be safe.

4 hours to cut it (approximately). you do not need a license to cut grass, or simply trim a tree.

yardguy28
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
a word of advice exmarkboy13......

don't try too hard to impress or prove yourself on a forum full of people you will most likely never meet in person. not accusing you of anything just don't waste time trying to prove yourself on here.

spend your efforts on the good business you already have going and worry about impressing yourself and your clients. those are the only 2 that really count. who cares what anyone on here says.

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
You dry clean your work clothes???

well, when your grandparents own a dry cleaner, its easier for my mom to go there, and use their steam cleaning equipment to get black and brown dye from mulch out of the shirts, pants, and vests with damage. not to mention grease or oil/gas/deisel

Exmarkboy13
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
a word of advice exmarkboy13......

don't try too hard to impress or prove yourself on a forum full of people you will most likely never meet in person. not accusing you of anything just don't waste time trying to prove yourself on here.

spend your efforts on the good business you already have going and worry about impressing yourself and your clients. those are the only 2 that really count. who cares what anyone on here says.

im not, im just posting pics like anyone else would and does. When people ask questions, get an awnser, and continue to ask in a certain manner, i awnser them fully. how am i trying to impress????

yardguy28
01-05-2013, 12:37 AM
im not, im just posting pics like anyone else would and does. When people ask questions, get an awnser, and continue to ask in a certain manner, i awnser them fully. how am i trying to impress????

didn't say you were......

just giving you some advice for the future.

LawnMan19
01-05-2013, 01:18 AM

My advice to you is don't sweat the petty stuff.

Darryl G
01-05-2013, 11:31 AM
And don't pet the sweaty stuff!

LawnMan19
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
And don't pet the sweaty stuff!

Yep, we think alike.:clapping:

Mowin4Dollas
01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I just bought the Snapper 150xt I love it! List of equipment is in my signature. I am hoping to buy a stick edger soon. Here are the pics of some of my equipment. I also added a picture of one of my edges. I have learned to do it pretty well with a weed eater!

alexschultz1
01-05-2013, 08:18 PM
im 16 and i started at 9, started with about 3-4 accounts now i have over 40.
I started with a toro super recycler, then a cub cadet 33", now a toro 52" fixed deck hydro. Have a 2001 ford f250 super duty, (got rid of qx) and a cargo mate enclosed trailer. My buddy and i work. he has a 2006 exmark tthp. Bobcat 753H a stihl magnum 600 backpack blower and a hedge trimmer. 3 stihl ms290 chainsaws, two stihl fs90r trimmers and a stihl edger. Love what i do. my friend does tree work and climbs.

You two have a very bright future. If I were you, I'd get into the tree business with him. Learn how to climb now while you're young and in 5 years you will be paying a crew to do it for you.

Arena landscaping
02-17-2013, 11:31 PM
exmarkboy13 I am also 14 and am in a similar situation just a little bigger :rolleyes: keep going i hate being treated like a kid. you seem smart keepit up

WillsLandscape
03-26-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm 13 years old and starting my lawn service this year. Here's the equipment:

1990 Toro 26624 21'' Self Propelled
~2006 Snapper Commercial 21'' Self Propelled
1998 Echo SRM-2601 (has a SpeedFeed 375)
2012 Stihl FS90R (currently has a Stihl FixCut head on it - didn't like the AutoCut 25-2 head)
2005 Echo PB-200
2011 Echo PB-250

WillsLandscape
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Here's another picture that didn't upload with the first post for some reason. (the whole hoard of equipment)

Darryl G
03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
exmarkboy13 I am also 14 and am in a similar situation just a little bigger :rolleyes: keep going i hate being treated like a kid. you seem smart keepit up

FINE, I'LL TREAT YOU LIKE A SENIOR CITIZEN AND SHOUT SO YOU CAN HEAR ME THEN, LOL. :laugh:

Arena landscaping
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
FINE, I'LL TREAT YOU LIKE A SENIOR CITIZEN AND SHOUT SO YOU CAN HEAR ME THEN, LOL. :laugh:

Hahahaha well me hearing isn't the best as it would turn out going to dances every saturday and friday and funning chainsaws is not the best on your ears.

Kkane97
03-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Hahahaha well me hearing isn't the best as it would turn out going to dances every saturday and friday and funning chainsaws is not the best on your ears.

Your grammar isn't the best either,

badum tsss
:waving:

Vecchio Lawn Care
11-06-2013, 09:17 PM
to get this thread back on track, Here's my setup from when I was 16. Now with the new mower. And the 757 is for sale if anyone is interested.
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/vecchiomcv/002_zps9908e82a.jpg (http://s930.photobucket.com/user/vecchiomcv/media/002_zps9908e82a.jpg.html)
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/vecchiomcv/015_zpsa466f9c7.jpg (http://s930.photobucket.com/user/vecchiomcv/media/015_zpsa466f9c7.jpg.html)

jakes mowing
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
heres my stuff, im 15 and will be 16 next may. have about 12 mowing accounts and do a good amount of landscaping and cleanup work. The mower is a ferris 36in hydro. its the same as the hydro walk but its painted green because at one time ferris made mowers under the name of "derby". and the tractor is what i use to get from yard to yard in my neighborhood. its a 50's farmall cub.

crevinalandscapingllc
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Here's my equipment thread started when I was 14 with a couple neighbors now I'm 17 turning 18 we have 55 signed weekly accounts this year. My thread has all my larger equipment I think minus my new 05 powerstroke I picked up last week (lariat fully loaded) goes to show hard work will pay off to any of the younger kids on here

pauliesh
11-08-2013, 04:26 PM
4 hours to cut it (approximately). you do not need a license to cut grass, or simply trim a tree.

you do need a business license and pay taxes on any money you are making unless you want to go to jail for tax evasion