PDA

View Full Version : cleaning out zspray tanks

grassmasterswilson
07-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I have the new Z max and love it. Been spraying the same chemical for a while now and need to change things up and clean everything out. I've never been able to get all the product out of the tanks. On my previous machine you guys had the clips that screw to tighten the hoses to the plastic fitting. I would unscrew the pipe and drain it all out. The new hoses have a clamp i'm not familiar with.

Any recommendations on getting all the product out of the tanks?

WestGaPineStraw
07-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Shop vac? Does the trick on pg.
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
07-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I have the new Z max and love it. Been spraying the same chemical for a while now and need to change things up and clean everything out. I've never been able to get all the product out of the tanks. On my previous machine you guys had the clips that screw to tighten the hoses to the plastic fitting. I would unscrew the pipe and drain it all out. The new hoses have a clamp i'm not familiar with.

Any recommendations on getting all the product out of the tanks?

Why do you need to get ALL the product out

Just spray all you can out of the tanks than fill part way up with clean water and than spray that out. Any thing left will be well diluted

What ever you were spraying before wont kill the grass will it ?

Charles Cue

RigglePLC
07-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Run some of this Lesco spray tank cleaner through it. And above advice is good, thanks Charles. Also--surely someone will tell you how to loosen those clamps. The plastic ones just need a firm twist--not sure what type you have.

Anyone?

ted putnam
07-14-2011, 11:12 PM
They are "Band-It" clamps. Very clean, slick finish when installed but pretty much meant to stay there until either hose or nipple needs to be replaced. I'm with Charles on this one as well. Your other option is to install a 3-way ball valve on your to one of the lines that connects to the tank and use it to drain the tank.

ArTurf
07-15-2011, 02:54 PM
I installed a tee on the hose at the bottom of both tanks with a shut off ball valve. I cap it off after using it just to be sure it doesn't accidently get opened.