PDA

View Full Version : z spray and liquid fert. not happy

ant
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
This is the first year using liquid fert out of my z spray. Using the 1/3 gal per m tips ( lavendar) at a rate of 1/4 lb per M. 20-0-3. I am scared to go heaver then that. Lawns look weak. Those of you that use your z and liquid fert how are your lawns looking? What's your rate? Might look into new nozzles but hate the fill uPs.
Posted via Mobile Device

billyc
07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Pretty easy to burn at that rate. Go upto 3/4 gp1000 tips.

ant
07-15-2011, 03:32 PM
yep.. called andy ordered tips for my z ...3/4 gal. tips.

ant
07-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Pretty easy to burn at that rate. Go upto 3/4 gp1000 tips.

not having problems with burning. some lawns look like they are hungry... called andy ordered tips for my z ...3/4 gal. tips. my need to tweek my pounds per 1000 see if that will make a difference..

turf hokie
07-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Ant

I dont think its the Z spray application issue, I went out at 2 gallons per k out of a tank spray but only 1/4 lb N and I am seeing the samething you are. It's been 4 weeks since the app and they are showing stress etc. Even the ones that got a 1/2 lb are not that great.

Not sure if I like the idea of liquid fert, Went thru a tote tank of the same fert from the same company as you and just not seeing the results, the initial hit was nice, but it only lasted a little over a week and started to fade.

Bryan

ted putnam
07-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Everything I've ever read on foliar apps says they just don't last long(1 month,best case scenario) and the lower the volume of water used as a carrier, the better. I know you guys already know this. Is this product designed for foliar uptake or does it work better if it is absorbed mainly through the roots? Hot and dry conditions through most of the summer and my 7 wk rotation schedule would never allow for foliar apps to be feasible on a large scale in my area but the concept is nice...when it works...and the timing is right.