PDA

View Full Version : New graphics!! Finally!

M & MD Lawn
07-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Finally got vinyl graphics on the truck today. I had been looking into them for the last month after my magnetics kept blowing off and so on. The graphics were actually cheaper than replacing the magnetics. Next Day Signs did the work, I have to say I felt they did a excellent job designing, they will most likely be getting all my business now, i used to use fastsigns. Well let me know what you guys think!! Enjoy!:cool2:

Grass Shark
07-15-2011, 11:56 PM
looks awesome, I would lose the k&N stickers they junk it up

KS_Grasscutter
07-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Sir with all due respect, do you ever feel your company name holds you back or seems sorta unprofessional?
Posted via Mobile Device

M & MD Lawn
07-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Sir with all due respect, do you ever feel your company name holds you back or seems sorta unprofessional?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have discussed this before with other members and yes and no, I made the name when I was 12, and as I have gotten older I have considered changing it (made a list of new names and had one picked out) but Im known and people also never forget the name and the majority of our clients say they like it, its unique. So far it hasn't held me back and we are steadily growing. Maybe I have just lucked up with people who don't judge the book by the cover. And we have had alot of word of mouth and its all good so I think people look past the name and focus on our quality as good quality is hard to come by nowadays. If the name ever were to put a damper on the business, I would change it in a heartbeat, but it hasn't so I'm content.

MowingMowingMowing
07-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Only Cons, IMO, is the back window has too much wording going on ... Also, I would probably just put 1 number on the windows instead of the 2 ...

MowingMowingMowing
07-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Kind of the same thing I was thinking ... It sounds like people seem to know you, as you say, I just can't fathom meeting a new customer, introducing yourself, or having a voicemail saying, "You've reached me and my diddy ..."

But if its working for you, all the power to you

bobcat48
07-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Looks good,nice job.

M & MD Lawn
07-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Looks good,nice job.

FinerCutslawnCare
07-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Looks like the pick up bed has a little dent! Ouch.

mnglocker
07-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Two things, no offense meant,

Pick ONE phone number and use it.

Ditch the email until you get your own URL. Free email accounts scream cheap. Just pay the $60 a year to get a very basic website with your contact info on it.

M & MD Lawn
07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Looks like the pick up bed has a little dent! Ouch.

Yea that would be from accident a few years back, that's the leftover lol
Posted via Mobile Device

M & MD Lawn
07-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Two things, no offense meant,

Pick ONE phone number and use it.

Ditch the email until you get your own URL. Free email accounts scream cheap. Just pay the $60 a year to get a very basic website with your contact info on it.

Sounds like sound advice, I need to stick to one number and I do have a website, its through service magic, came free when I started using them, although its $29 a month, where would I go about getting what your speaking of, I am not website making savy by any means either
Posted via Mobile Device

M & MD Lawn
07-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Ok so if I take the 253 number out which is my office (in home) what would I replace it with, I think it being blank would make it look stupid on the back, the sides I think would be fine...as for the email I think I'm going to leave it for now until I figure out another option or I might just add .com since we do have a website that you fill out the info and it comes to my email, scrap the hotmail.com part......help me out here fellas
Posted via Mobile Device

betterlawnsandlandscaping
07-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Its amazing how you can get so many negative remarks from just showing these people how proud you are of the new graphics. You have been doing this since 2003, I think you have a good handle on what works and what don't.

M & MD Lawn
07-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Its amazing how you can get so many negative remarks from just showing these people how proud you are of the new graphics. You have been doing this since 2003, I think you have a good handle on what works and what don't.

I agree, if this was about the job then yes I might be a little offended, but this graphics thing is all new and I'm the first to tell you I'm not artistic at all when it comes to this, but some of the criticism does make me think about it, like one number I would have never thought, but now that of is brought to my attention I do kind of agree, the email thing yes and no but that's a easy fix
Posted via Mobile Device

orlawncaresvc
07-18-2011, 01:00 AM
The back window looks sort of cluttered, que no?
Posted via Mobile Device

M & MD Lawn
07-18-2011, 10:27 AM
The back window looks sort of cluttered, que no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea it has a lot but seeing as I have one truck not multiples I have a little more info, once I get two and so on I will make it simple, but for now being small I want to give people a little more to go on
Posted via Mobile Device

eatonpcat
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I like it, The back window is a little busy, but it still looks good to me!

I didn't realize Me and My Diddy meant you and your dad, I thought maybe you were in business with Sean (P Diddy) Combs!!:laugh:

J & D Greens
07-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Ditto; If things are going well for you with the name your reputation will supersede all else. Most of the most valuable growth you will have is from referrals not some one catching your name and # on your truck. I'd keep the name its is part of you and as long as your doing OK I'd be good.

THEGOLDPRO
07-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Be honest, Since you say you have been doing this for 8 years, how many accounts do you currently have after 8 years in the business??

mnglocker
07-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like sound advice, I need to stick to one number and I do have a website, its through service magic, came free when I started using them, although its $29 a month, where would I go about getting what your speaking of, I am not website making savy by any means either
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't have someone else's URL with yours as a sub domain. Just hit up godaddy and buy the domain and basic hosting. You can use the website tonight service they offer, or you can make friends with programmers like I do that work for beer.

M & MD Lawn
07-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Be honest, Since you say you have been doing this for 8 years, how many accounts do you currently have after 8 years in the business??

I currently have 40 reg mowing clients, 3 in which are commercial, i have multiple landscaping clients who we do work for all the time I prob have close to 50 if you count the people who call in and refuse to be on a schedule, also not included are the fert. customers.. any other questions, and you should remember I am a junior in college so I cant have as many as I would like or can have as I do leave in august and it is up to my dad and employees to keep the ship running, he has a full time job so i don't want to bog him down with mine.. you can check out our facebook page if you would like to see our work facebook.com/MMDLC

M & MD Lawn
07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
After some thought I realized that yes i should have went with one number so this is the revision guys, what ya think...no Its not on the truck yet, its a proof. The Last one is a proof for a lawn sign to set out after landscapes, i was thinking of getting a few without the "another landscape by" to put in a few mowing clients yards, unless I come up with some wording.

Thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated

eatonpcat
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
I like it...Get rid of the ISU sticker though!

M & MD Lawn
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
The ISU sticker has been gone, he took pics before the lettering was ever on and it was on there lol
Posted via Mobile Device

MowingMowingMowing
07-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh man, you're from Indiana State... Any chance you went to the MVC championship basketball game this year (I go to Missouri State, the other team)?

I didn't know a thing about ISU, all I know is all their fans all had shirts on that said Indiana State University Sycamores on the front and "PROUD TO BE A TREE" on the back... not gonna lie I was lmao at the proud to be a tree statement, b/c they were dead serious. But you guys did get the last laugh somehow and beat us.......

mnglocker
07-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Ditch the free e-mail and put a bigger phone number on.

M & MD Lawn
07-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh man, you're from Indiana State... Any chance you went to the MVC championship basketball game this year (I go to Missouri State, the other team)?

I didn't know a thing about ISU, all I know is all their fans all had shirts on that said Indiana State University Sycamores on the front and "PROUD TO BE A TREE" on the back... not gonna lie I was lmao at the proud to be a tree statement, b/c they were dead serious. But you guys did get the last laugh somehow and beat us.......

I didn't make it to the game, heard a lot about it of course. I am more of a football fan lol. The proud to be a tree thing still tickles me eventho i am a student. I don't own one with that on it, if they give me won i might wear it, but I surely won't buy that particular shirt.

M & MD Lawn
07-21-2011, 11:36 PM
I spy a few posts that are missing! lol

Landscape Poet
07-21-2011, 11:59 PM
For what it is worth the overall look is good enough. My only thoughts are this. number as others have said....but make it big, you want that to be the easiest piece of information to see and hopefully retain.

The other thing I would suggest is color. If you are wanting this to really work for you...think brighter...or color contrast. Do a little research and you will find that people are much more likely to pay attention to brighter colored advertisments...are at least it is more likely to draw their attention...which is what you want to do. In your research you will also most likely find that certain color combinations such as say yellow and blue, orange and blue are much more likely to draw someones attention. So maybe using one color as the letter with a trim in the other? IMHO using the color contrast and colors that have been researched to attract attention will bring the biggest return on your investment.

This would hold true for your lawn signs as well. The color shown is much more likely to just blend in with the landscape. You purpose of the sign is to draw attention to your company and your work. A bright color sign is much more likely to catch someones attention.....they see it....look at the landscape...like the work.....then call you.

M & MD Lawn
07-22-2011, 12:28 AM
For what it is worth the overall look is good enough. My only thoughts are this. number as others have said....but make it big, you want that to be the easiest piece of information to see and hopefully retain.

The other thing I would suggest is color. If you are wanting this to really work for you...think brighter...or color contrast. Do a little research and you will find that people are much more likely to pay attention to brighter colored advertisments...are at least it is more likely to draw their attention...which is what you want to do. In your research you will also most likely find that certain color combinations such as say yellow and blue, orange and blue are much more likely to draw someones attention. So maybe using one color as the letter with a trim in the other? IMHO using the color contrast and colors that have been researched to attract attention will bring the biggest return on your investment.

This would hold true for your lawn signs as well. The color shown is much more likely to just blend in with the landscape. You purpose of the sign is to draw attention to your company and your work. A bright color sign is much more likely to catch someones attention.....they see it....look at the landscape...like the work.....then call you.

I will take heed to your recommendations, especially for the signs. The colors you see are the company colors, thats why I chose them. The truck is a done deal as far as color, I would have to change the whole thing. The signs however, I will see about brightening up, as I do want people to see them.