PDA

View Full Version : how long to turn brown...

bubble boy
10-23-2002, 11:04 AM
odd thing happened.

was cutting with one of my guys, open fenced yard.

there's a rabbitt sitting on the lawn, near the fence. as my guy gets close, he expects the rabbit to move and run away. closer, closer, finally the rabbitt runs when the mower is about 6 " from him.

we then noticed the spot the rabbitt was sitting on was all matted down and brown... sort of like when you move an object that has been on the lawn for a while. was very weird, how long would the rabbitt have to be sitting to do this?

the rest of the lawn is lush and green, and the spot matched his butt perfectly, so i doubt he just sat on a dead spot. i assume he was injured.

wouldn't this take at least a couple days????

KLMlawn
10-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Maybe the homeowner had made an arrangement with the rabbit ... they were feeding it carrots and lettuce and he has to stay in one spot like a lawn ornament, instead of them having to buy one of those ceramic ones ... just a thought

gravedigger5
10-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Did you check and make sure it wasn't a rabbits nest. Little tiny hole usually covered with dead grass and such. I ran one over about a month ago. Luckily I didn't kill any rabbits, but as soon as I cleared the hole several baby rabbits came running out. All I could see on the ground was a little brown patch of turf. JMHO Marc

SIG
10-23-2002, 01:59 PM
IT'S A RABBITT'S NEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blob4: :blob4: :blob4:

bubble boy
10-23-2002, 02:48 PM
i had no idea:eek:

i'll likely be there tommorow and i'll take precaution.

thanks

MacLawnCo
10-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Although i would not recomend moving the bunnies from their nest, it is really disturbing to see a few bunnnies with out heads...trust me, it happened to me. I ended up crying alot.

Ray&Christine
10-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Bubble boy

Funny you should mention rabbits. In the past we would only see 1-2 rabbits all season in our customers yards. This year we are seeing 1-2 every day!

Ray