PDA

View Full Version : Oh no its snow!!!

LB Landscaping
10-23-2002, 10:35 AM
I had a huge day planned today, alot of mowing and a quick clean-up job. Got everything ready to go last night, filled up the gas, sharpened the blades, checked the weather they said cool but nice. I wake up this morining and it snowing!!!! Not much but just enough to put a damper on my day. It snowed just enough to cover the grass, nothing on the pavement though. Oh well looks like I'll catch up the books today. So much for taking this Saturday off. Oh well just goes to show Mother Nature will have her way.

scott's turf
10-23-2002, 10:49 AM
Yeah it was in southern NH as well this morning. Huge flakes too! Hopefully all the clean-ups will get done before the snow flies and sticks.

dmk395
10-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Just light snow and rain here today, enough so that I will have to catchup a bit tomorrow and friday, luckily things are going slower here.

Esby
10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Consider yourself lucky. We got 5 inches on Sunday night. There is still 2-3 on the ground. Talk about a set back, not to mention, excited customers. I'm starting to wonder what will happen if it never really melts all the way, and we get more. This could turn into one hell of a mess.

Toroguy
10-23-2002, 10:39 PM
Yup Esby,

I watched Dave Dahl and Paul Douglas yappin about the snow North of St Cloud... We have snow still in the shady sections around here, able to still work tho. Looks like 50 on Sunday., that should get ya goin again, or hope for more snow and call it a season?

hustlers
10-23-2002, 10:51 PM
I was blowing snow first just to get to the
leaves,

What a mess, my walker and billy goat look
like a blizzard hit them,

Just gotta get it down
Still got 8 yards cleaned up though

Brickman
10-23-2002, 11:03 PM
1 to 3 inches here this morning. Depended where you were how much fell. Not very consistant.

Esby
10-24-2002, 12:42 AM
I'm looking at 60 yet that we need to get cleaned up. This snow is the slowest melting snow ever! Kinda like watching paint dry. It doesn't help that we are a solid 10-15F below average. A little sun and some wind and we'll dry out. If not........well, we won't think about that right now.:angry:

Gravely_Man
10-24-2002, 11:57 AM
I wish we could get some snow here. Last year we got a huge ¼ of an inch. That was the only snow we got for the entire the winter. Last year my snow plowing contracts were pure profit, as I didn't even have to start the truck. This year might be different. My contracts are for the year and not on a per snow basis.

Gravely_Man

Bob Minney
10-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Yesterday was just cold- working in 30 degrees grinding stumps. Got snow last night, maybe an inch stuck on the grass. Too slick and wet to do scheduled shrub removals today. Friday will be a busy one.

HarryD
10-24-2002, 07:31 PM
i got up this morning at this is what it looked like here hope it melts by sat

rvsuper
10-24-2002, 08:17 PM
we got snow and ice up here, and the maple trees havent even lost one leaf yet! hope it melts and drys out FAST

Bill Davis
10-24-2002, 08:22 PM
no snow here!! and i cut lots of grass today too. Hope it all clears up for yall.