PDA

View Full Version : T 3000 pump

CHARLES CUE
07-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Installed my new pump on friday

Didn't take to long works real nice has more circulation than the Hypro

But on the Hypro pump, alot of the return water was diverted back to the pump so there not much circulation.

There's one problem Turfco doesn't set up wont let you adjust both sides of the pump to get all the belt's tight. because of the 3/4 inch inlet hose.

You need to adjust the belts first than cut the hose to fit.

But next time will you have to do this again ? when the belts become lose.

If you have never adjusted the belt on a T, there are 2 bolts to loosen than you have to move both back and forth to get all the belt tight.

But you can't move the intake side because that side is ridged.

The first photo is the way Turfco has you install it.

The 2 photo is what i did to remedy this. So that the pump can move on both sides with out restrictions.

just wanted to let everyone know that is going to in stall a new pump what to look forward to.

Charles Cue

americanlawn
07-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). :laugh: We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents

Service 1st Lawn Care
07-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Is that RUST under there:waving:

CHARLES CUE
07-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Cool deal on the new pump. Nice pics too. We switched 2 of our T's this spring to the Delavan pump. The only b$tch was sliding the new hoses on the hose barbs, cuz it was a tight fit (kinda like a girlfriend I used to know). :laugh: We used spit & plenty of elbow grease to get the new hoses far enough on the hose barbs.

Anyways -- we never experienced what you have. The new pump kit fit perfectly on both machines, and we never had to cut any hoses. Did you use the new belts that came with the kit? (the new belts are slightly smaller) Intake side is rigid??? Not with ours...it's the same. Just loosen the 2 bolts & move it forward & to the right. Also we never had probs cuz of the 3/4 inch intake. We still have one T with the Hypro pump, but we'll swap it with the Delavan soon, cuz I think they're damn near bullet proof. my 2 cents

We use a a heat gun to soften up tough hoses . Slides right on

The kit fit just fine

Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM

Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue

Service 1st Lawn Care
07-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes there is rust but not in that photo.

Some bolts and the tie rod end are not SS

I just replace a idler pulley bearing sounded ruff. I would think fert had some thing to do with that.

Charles Cue

Just getting Larry riled up:laugh:

CHARLES CUE
07-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Larry looking at the photo the strainer is bolted to the frame 10 in away.

It can move only what the hose will give and you stated that the 3/4 inch hose is tuff to work with. That hose doesn't stretch. And yes i use the new belt.

Charles Cue

ted putnam
07-19-2011, 01:17 AM

WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....:laugh:

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.

CHARLES CUE
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
WTF, Look at the rust. I thought Larry said there was no rust, even after like 3 yrs. Charles hasn't had his that long....:laugh:

On the serious side Charles. Does the pump run all the time since it is belt driven or do you have a lever that engages/disengages the pulley/belt when you are not spraying?? Just wondering.

Yes ted the pump runs all the time

The belt that runs the spreader impeller runs off the pump. Thats why you have to move both sides of the pump to adjust both belts.

Thanks for looking at my rust.

Charles Cue

sprayboy
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
So with the filter and pump underneath a leak that could go undetected could cause some problems on lawns. Not very practical to clean the filter either.

Ted,
That can't be rust....remember......the T doesn't rust anywhere.
Must be brown paint.

jasontimm
07-19-2011, 03:55 PM
So with the filter and pump underneath a leak that could go undetected could cause some problems on lawns. Not very practical to clean the filter either.

Ted,
That can't be rust....remember......the T doesn't rust anywhere.
Must be brown paint.

Could go undetected, but if you pay attention you can catch it pretty quick, when i was running the old pump i had a fitting crack and started leaking, i noticed a flutter in my pressure guage, and i pulled onto the blacktop, ab=nd luckly no damage to the lawn.

The T tipps up on end really easy (note charles's photos) making it pretty easy to work on, granted i'm sure its not as easy as the Z-spray to service but there are many other benifits to owning a T, the pump was a nice upgrade, but it will be intresting to see long term results.

.....and ya...i also have some rust on some of the pullys, and tie rod ends:laugh:

ted putnam
07-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Hmmm. So... when you don't have the directo-valves engaged, the pump is constantly sending mix back to the tanks in the form of agitation. Is that correct?? If so, that seems like a good thing in one way and bad in another. Good because as long as the machine is running your mix will not settle out, bad because the pump is always running, even when not in use for actual spraying which I would think would reduce pump life due to constant wear on diaphrams and pump parts. It also seems like it would be more difficult to turn the spraying on/off(somewhat less control) Am I correct or am I misunderstanding or missing something?? Just curious, not trying to pick things apart...

americanlawn
07-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Charles Cue, I just called my most experienced T-Man. He said it's possible the hose could be too short. If that is the case, you may want to install a slightly longer hose. If you do not have that size hose in stock, I'd buy it locally.

Regarding rust, for us it's usually a pulley or a spring. This is typically a once a year deal, and we keep these spare parts on hand. We keep extra belts, springs, and pulleys on hand (some of which we can buy locally). Regarding rust on T's -- it has never been a problem for us, cuz the unit itself should last for many years, and it's mostly surface rust.

Even if one has an early '08 model, they should work as good as a 2011 unit cuz the overall units are identical. Only minimal maintenance is required. All our T's still have pull cords cuz we don't need electric start, and we run 3 T's everyday. The main thing we did with our T's is increase the maximum speed from 5.0 mph to as much as 6.0 mph. (I think the guys that bought our '08 T's noticed the difference compared to the "factory set" T's they originally demoed). Oh yes, one T-Man opted for a flat fan nozzle on the spray wand instead of the cone nozzle it comes with.

IMO the T3000 is the most profitable/user friendly/most accurate/safest/most versatile ride-on unit on the market. Yet I would like to see future improvements: 1) The coiled hose replaced by a retractable hose (if that's possible), 2) Access panels for the front of the "tower". my 2 cents :usflag::canadaflag:

CHARLES CUE
07-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Hmmm. So... when you don't have the directo-valves engaged, the pump is constantly sending mix back to the tanks in the form of agitation. Is that correct?? If so, that seems like a good thing in one way and bad in another. Good because as long as the machine is running your mix will not settle out, bad because the pump is always running, even when not in use for actual spraying which I would think would reduce pump life due to constant wear on diaphrams and pump parts. It also seems like it would be more difficult to turn the spraying on/off(somewhat less control) Am I correct or am I misunderstanding or missing something?? Just curious, not trying to pick things apart...

Yes ted you are correct in all ways. I guess it's like every thing there are pro and con's to every thing we will see how long the pump last be i think it will last much longer than the Hypro pump.

It's not hard to turn off the spray or on for that fact.

My tractor is set up with a electric switch to turn on and off the spray. which is easyer but you do have a slight delay till the pump build pressure. Where with the pump running always the pressure is right there.

. But it's just what you get use to. But i did turn the knobs around on my T which i think is easyer to use.

Thanks for asking

Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
07-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Charles Cue, I just called my most experienced T-Man. He said it's possible the hose could be too short. If that is the case, you may want to install a slightly longer hose. If you do not have that size hose in stock, I'd buy it locally.

Regarding rust, for us it's usually a pulley or a spring. This is typically a once a year deal, and we keep these spare parts on hand. We keep extra belts, springs, and pulleys on hand (some of which we can buy locally). Regarding rust on T's -- it has never been a problem for us, cuz the unit itself should last for many years, and it's mostly surface rust.

Even if one has an early '08 model, they should work as good as a 2011 unit cuz the overall units are identical. Only minimal maintenance is required. All our T's still have pull cords cuz we don't need electric start, and we run 3 T's everyday. The main thing we did with our T's is increase the maximum speed from 5.0 mph to as much as 6.0 mph. (I think the guys that bought our '08 T's noticed the difference compared to the "factory set" T's they originally demoed). Oh yes, one T-Man opted for a flat fan nozzle on the spray wand instead of the cone nozzle it comes with.

IMO the T3000 is the most profitable/user friendly/most accurate/safest/most versatile ride-on unit on the market. Yet I would like to see future improvements: 1) The coiled hose replaced by a retractable hose (if that's possible), 2) Access panels for the front of the "tower". my 2 cents :usflag::canadaflag:

Yes Larry your guy was right as you will notice in the 2nd photo the is longer now and works great thanks Larry

Charles Cue

ted putnam
07-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Yes ted you are correct in all ways. I guess it's like every thing there are pro and con's to every thing we will see how long the pump last be i think it will last much longer than the Hypro pump.

It's not hard to turn off the spray or on for that fact.

My tractor is set up with a electric switch to turn on and off the spray. which is easyer but you do have a slight delay till the pump build pressure. Where with the pump running always the pressure is right there.

. But it's just what you get use to. But i did turn the knobs around on my T which i think is easyer to use.

Thanks for asking

Charles Cue

Thanks Charles,
It sure is refreshing to get some credible, honest technical information about the T instead of just the same ole "used car" sales pitch.
As far as the rust goes. We all know what fert is capable of. If there is a way to find a "chink" in the armor of any piece of equipment, it will find it. It's silly for anyone to suggest that something is "bulletproof", including the Z. It just goes without saying and is why everything we use in our occupation needs maintenance.
Thanks again.

P.S. Keep us posted on how long/well that pump holds out for you.

americanlawn
07-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Cool beans. We never have any settling of liquid product cuz we don't use wettable powders. The most common issue is fert dust buildup on the impeller fins during humid weather. Our latest shipment of fert was from AGRIUM. 30-0-5 50% XCU. It's about the dustiest fert we've seen for quite a while. It's either the filler or the potash - not sure.

Two of our T's have been using the Delavan pumps since early March -- so far, so good (no maintenance required yet). Our newest T lasted nearly 200 hours before we replaced the Hypro diaphragms recently. Currently, all 3 run production everyday. (2 Delavan + 1 Hypro) So far, so good. our 2 cents

p.s. We still have a few Hypro diaphragms for free if anybody needs them.

CHARLES CUE
07-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks Charles,
It sure is refreshing to get some credible, honest technical information about the T instead of just the same ole "used car" sales pitch.
As far as the rust goes. We all know what fert is capable of. If there is a way to find a "chink" in the armor of any piece of equipment, it will find it. It's silly for anyone to suggest that something is "bulletproof", including the Z. It just goes without saying and is why everything we use in our occupation needs maintenance.
Thanks again.

P.S. Keep us posted on how long/well that pump holds out for you.

Well thanks ted

I know what you mean about the used car thing

Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
07-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Cool beans. We never have any settling of liquid product cuz we don't use wettable powders. The most common issue is fert dust buildup on the impeller fins during humid weather. Our latest shipment of fert was from AGRIUM. 30-0-5 50% XCU. It's about the dustiest fert we've seen for quite a while. It's either the filler or the potash - not sure.

Two of our T's have been using the Delavan pumps since early March -- so far, so good (no maintenance required yet). Our newest T lasted nearly 200 hours before we replaced the Hypro diaphragms recently. Currently, all 3 run production everyday. (2 Delavan + 1 Hypro) So far, so good. our 2 cents

p.s. We still have a few Hypro diaphragms for free if anybody needs them.

Larry we have spread agrium's 25-5-10 75% xcu for the last year and no dust at all but the potash does build up on the propeller.

Did Turfco Bob retire have not heard from him for a while

Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
07-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Yes Larry your guy was right as you will notice in the 2nd photo the is longer now and works great thanks Larry

Charles Cue

Sorry i missed a word :cry: in the 2nd photo the HOSE is longer now and works great

For every one how didn't read in the missed word

Charles Cue

americanlawn
07-21-2011, 09:47 PM
All of ouir main fert suppliers attended today's annual turf show at the ISU farm north of Ames, so I had a chance to complain. No more potash in our fert from now on unless soil samples say different.

Bob ain't retired yet, but he's probably close (hope so for his sake). TURFCO still keeps flying him all over the Country. Bob was here today at the Iowa Turfgrass Show (Ames, IA). So was Will. Will eventually will take Bob's place, but he has HUGE feet to fill.

I just tried to upload today's video of Bob and others trying the new XT5 24" TURFCO aerators & the latest model of the 'T3 million'. Seems lawnsite.com is not capable of receiving videos. Anybody that would like today's videos...just send me a PM with their email address. Cool stuff. Pretty much cut & dry and very impressive.

Larry we have spread agrium's 25-5-10 75% xcu for the last year and no dust at all but the potash does build up on the propeller.

Did Turfco Bob retire have not heard from him for a while

Charles Cue

Service 1st Lawn Care
07-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Post the videos to YOU TUBE

americanlawn
07-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm sure my younger employees could figure it out. I'm just too old school. I am able to forward today's videos via email for sure. That's how I am able to send it right now. Maybe you could post it for me? My email address is americanlawn@msn.com

Thanks much, Larry :waving:

Post the videos to YOU TUBE

Service 1st Lawn Care
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
All of ouir main fert suppliers attended today's annual turf show at the ISU farm north of Ames, so I had a chance to complain. No more potash in our fert from now on unless soil samples say differen

Larry so what did the fert suppliers have to say in regards to the fert being so dusty? Also beings we have already lost phosphorous and now your thinking of no more potassium what are you going to do for the root system?

Thanks
Mark