PDA

View Full Version : G3 issues

Mike Royce
07-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Our G-3 29H 60" mower seems to be very rough and bumpy, and the hydros are "jerky" I've only used John Deere 757's up to getting this Toro and the JD's are much smmother and not near as bumpy. We ordered a suspension seat but has been on back order for months now. What can i do to solve these issues?

The Toro Company
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Mr. Royce,
Thank you contacting Toro and purchasing a Toro G3 mower.

I have attached the procedure to change the motion control adjustment to make them more or less responsive to the operator style of driving. This should help minimize the jerky controls.

The G3 may have a firmer ride because of the integrated transaxles and lower profile. It is best to make sure the drive tires are not overinflated and tire pressure maintained a 13psi.

Make sure the mower is being operated at a speed suitable for the conditions. At higher speeds, the intensity of the bumps can increase with speed on rough terrain and a slower speed may help smooth out the rough ride. Once the suspension seat is installed this will also smooth out some of those bumps.

On a side-note, we do show the Deluxe Suspension Seat in stock.

Sincerely,
Dan R.
The Toro Company

MTA73
04-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Make sure the mower is being operated at a speed suitable for the conditions. At higher speeds, the intensity of the bumps can increase with speed on rough terrain and a slower speed may help smooth out the rough ride. Once the suspension seat is installed this will also smooth out some of those bumps.

On a side-note, we do show the Deluxe Suspension Seat in stock.

Much like the original poster in this thread, I too have a Toro Z-Master G3 74925 that, in comparison to other manufacturers, has a very rough ride on normal tall fescue lawns. I've slowed the speed down to the point of inefficiency and set the lower tire pressure as advised. And it is still very rough.

I just called the Toro Commercial Customer Support number and was told there was no advice on ways to alleviate this condition nor any documented problem regarding this model. I was given the part number for the Deluxe Suspension Seat (117-6174) but was then told it's not available in the store. I recently read many Toro dealers were automatically upgrading to the deluxe seats as a dealer incentive on these models.

What is the current stock status of this seat? Cost? And, are there new suggestions (other than to slow down) to help address the ride?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The Toro Company
04-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Model 74925 features standard iso-mounts under the seat to assist with forward/rear and side-to-side bumps and undulations. With the addition of the deluxe suspension seat, ride quality should be improved up and down as well. The deluxe suspension seat part number is 117-6174 and is available to order. Many customers do order the deluxe suspension seat with their Z Master mowers.

The Toro Company

american dream
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM
I have same mower as above and same problem! Always made me laugh when I think of there "smooth operator " slogan/tour nothing smooth about it!

StihlBR600
05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Finally someone posted about this issue! I was 12 hours away from buying a G3 and i got to demo one for the day and i completely changed my mind and told the dealer to cancel my order. The wheelbase and the way the new frame is designed beats the hell out of you and the new deck lift design is annoying as hell also. The metal rods that hold the deck up rattle like nuts and really turned my off from buying it. The whole expierience totally turned my off from buying a new mower from Toro/Exmark so i went and demoed a Scag Cheetah and loved it. But i did not buy because i realized how much i love my older style Toro Z400