PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Repair ?

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Im looking at buying a trailer. The guy is selling a 6x12 enclosed with a missing fender and the 3rd wheels needs to be greased (says its stuck). Proab just replace it and add a fender proab all for around 60 bucks. Ok now the major issue is that he says there is a tear in the roof from a tree branch falling on it. How would I go about fixing this if it leaks or does it need a whole new roof. O the asking price is 1000. Its also missing the sun roof cover.

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
"missing right fender, has a slight tear on roof(tree branch fell on it), missing sun light cover, besides that it runs and hauls great...the crank shaft to lift up & down is stuck, needs to be lubricated..."

That is what he emailed me back.

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-18-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVCLrS8htk is this a good way?

KrayzKajun
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd pass
Posted via Mobile Device

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
k. he jus emailed me back said i could use roofing tape(that would last a month maybe) or I could weld a piece of metal.

KrayzKajun
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
for wht its gunna cost to fix tht trailer you could almost buy a new one!

give joanna a call at trailer kings in wego. tell her i sent you, she may have a used one instock.

or ill stop by there Wed when im duty and find out for you.

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-18-2011, 09:57 PM
dont worry about it, im not really in the market 100 percent just was looking around bored last night thought I might have found a good deal. Ill proab get one next year. what i have now is working just all my stuff stays getting wet with all this rain.

KrayzKajun
07-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Yea this rain sux. I drove to Baton rouge today to take the Landscape Hoticulturist exam. It stormed the whole way
Posted via Mobile Device

ecurbthims
07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
if you go to a heavy truck and trailer supplier ,they have an aluminum patch that is peel and stick ,and pretty much guaranteed to never fall off .The stuff used to be pretty pricey [about $150.00 for a 2x2 foot piece ] but it works perfectly .There are many sizes available,you cut it with a sharp knife ,it comes in quite a few shades of white to match your trailer colour ,not sure if it comes in other colours or not .They told us the glue was the same stuff they use for holding brake pads together ,but really cant confirm that either,but I have repaired dozens of trailers with it and it does work great .

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-19-2011, 06:13 PM
O, ok. I mean if i was to do that, then its like 60 for a fender and i would do 2 so they match and then i would need a 3rd wheel so that like 60 and then 150 for the patch. Now im at 60+60+150+60=330 plus grand for the trailer so im at like 1500. i might as well get the new one for 1350 lol. so it dont make sense to get a used trailer that sounds like its been beat to hell when i can get a new one for the same price if not cheaper. if hed give me the trailer for 500 den yea lets talk. lol

TheChiefsLawnCare
07-19-2011, 06:29 PM
krazy how did u do on the test. how much is it gonna cost you in fees each year to hold that license?