PDA

View Full Version : Gutter attachment for a RedMax EB7001 blower

Piedmont Lawn
10-23-2002, 08:49 PM
Hi Gang,

Thinking of making a gutter attachment for my RedMax back pack blower, I donít see one in their catalog. I have seen them around at the local home stores and Sears for their blowers. Anybody used one and do they work? Any ideas other than buying one for another brand blower and modifying it to fit the RedMax...
:help:

Thanks!
Kelly

LAWNGODFATHER
10-23-2002, 08:55 PM
MIne works great, I got it at the hardware store and it fits all the blower makes.

It's called a ladder.

bob
10-23-2002, 08:59 PM
My friend got one for his Stihl backpack blower. He said that all the debris comes down on top of him.

greenman
10-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bob
My friend got one for his Stihl backpack blower. He said that all the debris comes down on top of him.

Thats what I was just going to ask if the leaves and debris just get blown all over you.

Piedmont Lawn
10-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Well, I donít mind the debris falling back down on me. I canít clime a ladder anymore due to foot problems and I donít trust myself walking around on a roof if these gizmos work it could be a life saver for me.

Must put it on my to do list
:blob3:

Thanks Guys :D

HarryD
10-23-2002, 10:29 PM
someone post a pic of one

Piedmont Lawn
10-23-2002, 11:48 PM
Look at this...

http://www.sears.com/data/product_images/tools/large/00916935000-dlv.jpg

:blob3:

Kelly

greenman
10-24-2002, 12:00 AM
I dont think that would be productive enough. Faster to blow em out then clean em up from the ground.

Doc Pete
10-24-2002, 12:02 AM
If you've used a bent end backpack blower, you know that with all that air coming out, you won't be able to hold the end in the gutter unless it's pointing straight down into the gutter. At least I couldn't and regardless it did a poor job. I either stand on the roof with the blower or use a ladder and rag to clean the gutters by hand.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Well now Petey's physics books are right on this subject.

Way back when, I had an electric Parker blower/vac, had the gutter attachment, could barrily hold it in place.

Could you imagine it with the force the Red Max blows with? Not a chance

Ladder is the best attachment.

Runner
10-24-2002, 01:31 AM
That's not to mention that you wouldn't be able to see what you're doing, anyway. The stuff that gets left behind would be the wet stuff that clogs up the downspout, anyway.

Tony Harrell
10-24-2002, 06:58 AM
Echo makes a gutter kit for their blowers. Maybe it would fit others?

Doc Pete
10-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Well now Petey's physics books are right on this subject.

Way back when, I had an electric Parker blower/vac, had the gutter attachment, could barrily hold it in place.

Could you imagine it with the force the Red Max blows with? Not a chance

Ladder is the best attachment.

Mike,
Very Honestly, I did make my own attachment and hooked it up to an old 8 hp leaf blower. I bought some special lightweight fiberglass pipe and made a full 180 turn at the end it, which directed the air straight down into the gutter. Then, I put a plastic "tee" on the end of that. This dispursted the air equally to the left and right and level into the gutter, which kept it from moving back and forth
Pete

The Mowerdude
10-24-2002, 09:00 AM
One thing I've found is that with my Redmax blowers, they are so powerful that we have to pay real close attention not to start snapping shingles off. And that's one repair I do NOT like doing.

So that may be a factor as to why some of these MFGs haven't brought one of these to the market.