PDA

View Full Version : How long are you willing to apply Merit?

ChicagoLawn
07-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Hello,

I have a question that I would love to hear your professional opinion on.

How late in the growing season have you applied/sold a Merit application to a client to prevent the possibility of white grub infestation?

With all the heat/drought we have been experiencing, actual calendar date(July 18) and the need to achieve pre-emergent control what would you do?

Thank you in advance!

Joe

GrandMaster
07-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Hello,

I have a question that I would love to hear your professional opinion on.

How late in the growing season have you applied/sold a Merit application to a client to prevent the possibility of white grub infestation?

With all the heat/drought we have been experiencing, actual calendar date(July 18) and the need to achieve pre-emergent control what would you do?

Thank you in advance!

Joe

Never past June. Use biferin or sevin now water in right away.*trucewhiteflag*

jfoxtrot9
07-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Never past June. Use biferin or sevin now water in right away.*trucewhiteflag*

I don't even begin to apply Merit until late June/early July...

Merit can be applied anytime in July, just make sure it gets watered in!

dgw
07-18-2011, 08:53 PM
i use prosect (bifentrhin in 18-0-4 by andersons @4 lbs of product per k) on some of my round 2 apps , usually ones that dont purchase a grub control

and i keep it with me for issues throughout the season

but i was under the assumption that it has no effect on grubs or their prevention

am i mistaken ?

RigglePLC
07-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Bifenthrin does not penetrate into the soil.

greendoctor
07-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Just about all of the "thrins" stay at the top, bound to the organic layer. If something is actually chewing the grass right now, my vote goes to Dylox. Sevin cannot be applied to residential lawns except as a spot treatment. Which makes it totally useless to me. I do not like "thrins" because they are sold for use by homeowners at the HD and "landscapers" abuse Talstar. Which leaves me with insect populations that are either not targets of "thrins" or are less susceptible. In fact, I just asked my CPS branch to bring in some Dylox 420 SL for me. I need to drench some lawns that are getting eaten up by sod web worm. Dylox actually works very well for me because I acidify the make up water with LI 700 before dropping in the Dylox.

lawn king
07-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Bayer recommends merit apps by august 15th in the northeast, im finishing the last of ours this week!

ChicagoLawn
07-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you for your help and quick informative replies. You guys are the best!

Take care,

Joe

GrandMaster
07-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Bifenthrin does not penetrate into the soil.

Doesnt need to.

GrandMaster
07-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Thank you for your help and quick informative replies. You guys are the best!

Take care,

Joe

Differant zones.... No one on here form utah I guess.

mdlwn1
07-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Doesnt need to.

It needs to for grubs..........

Heidi J.
07-24-2011, 10:02 AM
We put Merit on till the beginning of August. Also using Acelepryn still. I will not touch Dylox with a 10 foot pole. Total waste of $.. I have used in the past to even JUST my irrigated customers and it didn't work.. The residual is too short.

EquityGreen
07-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyone else use aloft for actual grub investation? I used it last year sparingly and I had excellent results. Super expensive but it worked.
Posted via Mobile Device

lawn king
07-24-2011, 02:24 PM
We put Merit on till the beginning of August. Also using Acelepryn still. I will not touch Dylox with a 10 foot pole. Total waste of $.. I have used in the past to even JUST my irrigated customers and it didn't work.. The residual is too short.

We get about 7 days control from dylox here in the northeast.

GrandMaster
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
It needs to for grubs..........

There on the surface.

JDiepstra
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
There on the surface.

Grubs are on the surface of a lawn??? Ive only seen rhem under.
Posted via Mobile Device