PDA

View Full Version : Material between flagstone?

GreenAcresLandscaping
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
I am in the process of building a flagstone walkway for a customer. Flagstone isnt very popular around here at least for sidewalks its mostly used for walls. What is the best product to use in the joints? Its blue gray weathered flagstone with several different colors in it. I have heard gator dust, crushed granite, topsoil and grow moss, and stone. I read some bad reviews about gator dust staining the flagstone and the homeowner said pick any color stone you want to use in between she doesnt care as long as it looks good. I have had a hard time finding crushed granite all the local suppliers dont seem to have it. I figured I would need a 1/2" stone at most so it can be packed tightly. Maybe 1/2" river rock?

zedosix
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
use polymeric stone dust, if applied right, you don't need to worry about staining. I was pricing a job today where we did the flagstone a couple years back and the woman was praising how well it stands up. Good for joints up to 4".

GreenAcresLandscaping
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I am going to give gator dust a try. If I do a layer of gator dust in the cracks and then do 1/2" ricer rock on top of the gator dust would that effect how the gator dust bonds

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Probably not, but go to your supplier and get a bag or sample of the Gator dust and rock you mention and do some testing.