PDA

View Full Version : little early but need help

DiSantolandscaping
07-19-2011, 08:32 PM
when it comes time to bid snowplowing arond october, do you think on smaller yards that someone without a snow plow could win bids on snowblowing? I mean you wont have ripped up yards or 20 foot tall snow banks come end of feburary.... just trying to start off without much money and no one to back me, i got insurance, and a truck, and 21 in push mower with straight shaft trimmer, and basic tools for landscaping. I also have brand new 26 in snowblower. thats why i ask if i would be able to make profit on snowblowing so i can save money to get a plow. and grow my buisness.

DiSantolandscaping
07-19-2011, 08:33 PM
oh i also have service aggrments for mowing and a seperate one for plowing/ snowblowing which ever it might be.

highlander316
07-19-2011, 11:10 PM
definitely have separate service agreements. You can also make money with a snow blower. Just remember, it takes sometime to snow blow a driveway compared to plowing, so don't take on more than you can handle.

McG_Landscaping
07-26-2011, 11:45 AM
You can make money snow blowing if you don't have a plow but part of the time its faster to shovel. I used to sub on a housing development and it snowed the week I bought my new truck and didn't have the plow installed yet. Me and another guy could shovel two driveways in the time it took another to snowblow about 3/4 of one. You might want to pick up an old lawn tractor off of craigslist with a plow for 400 or so and that could be made back with one storm. We use ours around our neighborhood and can do 7-8. 2 car driveways in an hour or hour and a half depending on how big of a snow it is. It can turn around and push any direction unlike my truck. Also check out plowsite.com if you have not already.
Posted via Mobile Device

rywnygc
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I would start scouting for snow leads now! Usually most people are contracted in our region by September. Waiting until October is going to mean less work and more lowballer knuckleheads.