PDA

View Full Version : CLLM Picture Thread

metro36
07-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Lots of updates this year. Ive been pretty busy and haven't been able to start a new thread. First off I officially started a company this year. I am now fully licensed and insured. Second I just got a new truck. 2011 GMC 2500 SLE 4x4. The rest is equipment I picked up at the end of last season and over the winter. Some stuff is missing from the pictures. I haven't had time to get a full fleet pic.

Here is the truck and normal cutting setup minus a toro commerical 21 and a shindy trimmer.

metro36
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
One small account I cut with the 36" tthp and proslide. Cut at 2.5"

metro36
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM
A larger account I cut for a local builder. Its a model home in a new sub division. Again cut with the 36 tthp and proslide.

Oakleaf landscape
07-21-2011, 07:43 PM
In your sig it says "Ford Truck". That pic is of a GMC. What gives? BTW, nice truck. I like the color. You get the DMAX?

rcslawncare
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Looks great, your properties look really wide open, must take a while with a walk behind... Non the less, looks great!!

Pressedun
07-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Looks like you need a bigger drop hitch for that trailer man!

metro36
07-21-2011, 11:45 PM
In your sig it says "Ford Truck". That pic is of a GMC. What gives? BTW, nice truck. I like the color. You get the DMAX?
I used to have a ford. I just got the GMC last week and havem't had time to change my sig. The truck only has the 6.0 Vortec. I wanted a dmax but I needed a new truck now and didnt have the $$ for it.

Looks great, your properties look really wide open, must take a while with a walk behind... Non the less, looks great!!
Thanks. The first house takes 35 minutes, and the second 50. These are my bigger properties but I coulf use a bigger mower. I want to add a 60" Turf Tracer or maybe a walker if I can find a good used one.
Looks like you need a bigger drop hitch for that trailer man!
I do but the truck is parked on a hill which makes it look worse that it is. It has a 3" drop on it now.

bobcat48
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Looks great,nice setup.. like the echo!

metro36
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Looks great,nice setup.. like the echo!
Damn I dont know how you picked that one out. I only have the one echo srm-280t which was on the trailer in the pictures. I prefer shindawia over the new orange echo models. I usually carry my shindy t242 but it needs a carb adjustment.

bobcat48
07-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Damn I dont know how you picked that one out. I only have the one echo srm-280t which was on the trailer in the pictures. I prefer shindawia over the new orange echo models. I usually carry my shindy t242 but it needs a carb adjustment.

Haha i know a echo when i see one lol.I love my echos they are great equipment!

metro36
07-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Heres a few pics of my lawn and my small fleet minus the scag cougar I just picked up yesterday.

metro36
07-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Heres a pic of the new proslide. I only have about 10 hours of use on it so far. I like it for the larger properties that I cut. It saves a lot of time when I have long runs to cut. It does limit the maneuverability of the machine more than the exmark standon did. I was able to back up while on the stand on but I have to step off the proslide. I am finding that the platform digs in a lot when turning on uneven terrain. Luckily I only damaged my lawn. It does ride a lot more comfortable than the exmark. No dropping more into holes. It defiantly helps improve striping. I was never able to get the stripes you see in the pictures before. The mower handles it pretty well. I do think a larger machine would handle it better.

Overall it works well on the larger properties but I am still walking the tighter ones. I was hoping that I would be able to use it a little bit more.

Also attached is a picture of a rack I built to hold my trimmers.

Stihlman11
07-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I love your truck! I want one like that, cant decide on gas or diesel. Seems like there are many pros and cons to both.

metro36
07-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I love your truck! I want one like that, cant decide on gas or diesel. Seems like there are many pros and cons to both.

Thanks. The decision was easy for me. I needed a new truck and couldn't shell out the extra cash for a diesel. Plus I am not really pulling anything too heavy or making long trips where the diesel would really outshine the gas.

Chevy z71
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Lookin good.

metro36
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Update. Been busy. Trying to remenber to take more pictures of my work. Here are some various properties I mow.

metro36
08-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Here is my favorite property. Right on the water. I do the lawn and weeding every week.

metro36
08-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Here is the normal mowing rig. Then some pics of my truck pulling my buddies kubota, that I picked up today for tomorrows job. And finally a pic of my new dee zee cab protector.

bulhead19
08-21-2011, 04:49 PM
How do you like the Toro commercial 21 2 stroke? I can't find one to buy around my area..? How's it compare to the other Toro you have?

93Chevy
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Where's the Cougar? And whose Lazer is that?

metro36
08-21-2011, 06:13 PM
How do you like the Toro commercial 21 2 stroke? I can't find one to buy around my area..? How's it compare to the other Toro you have?
Its a pretty sweet little mower. Very tough yet also very light. I just use it to mow some of my smaller crappy lawns. It does that job very well. Most get cut a 1.5- 2" and it leaves them looking like a carpet. My newer toro with the kawi has much more power, the transmission works better and leaves a better cut. I am very happy with both units.
Where's the Cougar? And whose Lazer is that?
The cougar is sitting in my backyard. One of the gearboxes that powers the deck is shot so the blades wont turn. I bought it as a project to use in the fall and havent had too much time to play with it yet.

The lazer is my dads. It's only used to mow our property. Driving that machine when I was a kid was what made me want to become a landscaper.

93Chevy
08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't want to come across as a dick, so take this with a grain of salt, but why do you have a brand new truck and only a 36" mower and Cougar with a bad gearbox? Wouldn't it have made more sense to use that money towards a larger mower so you could take on more work and get an even nicer truck down the road? I mean we all have different priorities and I'm not saying your choice was wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me. :drinkup:

metro36
08-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't want to come across as a dick, so take this with a grain of salt, but why do you have a brand new truck and only a 36" mower and Cougar with a bad gearbox? Wouldn't it have made more sense to use that money towards a larger mower so you could take on more work and get an even nicer truck down the road? I mean we all have different priorities and I'm not saying your choice was wrong, but it doesn't make sense to me. :drinkup:

Well its a little late to change my mind now. Lol I can understand where you are coming from but my business model is a little different than most. I cater to smaller middle and upper scale properties. I actually get customers because of the smaller mowers I use. Anything bigger than a 36" would be overkill on most of my properties. The only large property that I cut is the model home which is just under an acre but nothing I cant handle with the 36" and proslide.

I bought the truck because my F150 began to fall apart and was too small for my needs. I often tow larger trailers like the one the tractor is on. The 2500 handles them much better. I also needed a new truck as I will be commuting to college ( 25 miles each way) daily beginning in a few weeks. I was worried that the f150 might keep breaking down even if I fixed its current problems. I will also but a plow on it next year.

Next year I plan to target mainly commerical accounts and I hope to add either a 60" turf tracer or a stander and a enclosed trailer to haul it in. As this is my first year doing things completely legit I was a little too late getting going to go after the accounts I really wanted so I found a diffrent niche market.

But I am happy with where I am now. I am making decent money and love what I do. I dont think I have made any wrong decision and I have a plan to keep expanding in the future.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Well its a little late to change my mind now. Lol I can understand where you are coming from but my business model is a little different than most. I cater to smaller middle and upper scale properties. I actually get customers because of the smaller mowers I use. Anything bigger than a 36" would be overkill on most of my properties. The only large property that I cut is the model home which is just under an acre but nothing I cant handle with the 36" and proslide.

I bought the truck because my F150 began to fall apart and was too small for my needs. I often tow larger trailers like the one the tractor is on. The 2500 handles them much better. I also needed a new truck as I will be commuting to college ( 25 miles each way) daily beginning in a few weeks. I was worried that the f150 might keep breaking down even if I fixed its current problems. I will also but a plow on it next year.

Next year I plan to target mainly commerical accounts and I hope to add either a 60" turf tracer or a stander and a enclosed trailer to haul it in. As this is my first year doing things completely legit I was a little too late getting going to go after the accounts I really wanted so I found a diffrent niche market.

But I am happy with where I am now. I am making decent money and love what I do. I dont think I have made any wrong decision and I have a plan to keep expanding in the future.
I think you went right way Old truck breaking down and if its down your mowers cant mow Right
Just dont go big to fast or might go out buisness

My ? is Where is your Fleet at
:laugh:

metro36
08-21-2011, 11:30 PM
I think you went right way Old truck breaking down and if its down your mowers cant mow Right
Just dont go big to fast or might go out buisness

My ? is Where is your Fleet at
:laugh:

Yeah I wont get too big to fast. My plan is to grow over the next few years. I want to target smaller commercials because that is where the money is around here. Most residental lawns are low balled by people who dont run a legit business.

If you mean where do I store everything, It is all kept at my house. My trailer is stored at a buddys shop 5 minutes away and once I finish working on my cougar it will be stored there as well.

lawnman24949
08-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Just a question to you I just got the same truck as you on Thursday and the only difference is it is white. Did you use the GM business choice and get the free tool box rhino liner and steps for the truck.

bulhead19
08-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Oh nice If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the toro 21 2 cycle and the kawi one? Did you buy them new? Does the Toro 2 cycle bag well?

metro36
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Just a question to you I just got the same truck as you on Thursday and the only difference is it is white. Did you use the GM business choice and get the free tool box rhino liner and steps for the truck.
Yes I used the business choice and got the box, steps, bed rail protectors, and hard plastic bed liner. The dealer didnt offer rhino lining.
Oh nice If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the toro 21 2 cycle and the kawi one? Did you buy them new? Does the Toro 2 cycle bag well?
The 2 cycle I got for free. It needed paint, a carb rebuilt, tons of random adjustments, and a good carbon cleaning. And yes it has a bag. I believe it is a 1993 model. The kawi is a 2010 6.0 hp model with BBC. It has a 3 speed transmission, aluminum deck, and ball bearing wheels so it is very heavy, well built machine. I believe a paid somewhere around $1100-1200 last spring.

metro36
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Here is some pics from todays job. I should have taken more pics but I was lazy and in a rush after the trailer got a flat on my way to the job this morning. Then had to wait for the tire shop to open to patch it at eight. I left my house at 6:40. Heard the tire hissing at the deli at 7:00 so I went to my buddies shop to take it off. I was back on the road by 9:00

Anyway it was a quick gravel job for a family friend. I spread 12 yards of 3/8 bluestone chip over the driveway. Took me about 5 hours. I know its not perfect but they were looking to have it done quick and cheap so they wanted to do all of the hand raking themselves. I just did what I could grade with the tractor.

Before pics and some action shots.

metro36
08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
And after. Sorry the pics arent that great. I was getting used to operating the loader and camera at the same time.

metro36
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Few pics of some wet lawns from Thursday. All were taken on the same property.

metro36
10-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I bought the stihl trimmer for some taller hedges I had to trim. Wanted to try a different brand besides echo and shindy. So far I like it. Also the chainsaw I bought before Irene. Paid it off with the first tree job I did.