PDA

View Full Version : fungicide spraying

superintendent
07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Okay, I sprayed a yard yesterday morning at 7:30 in the morning with disarm. He had some brown patch but not to bad. He called tonight saying that his yard is in the worst shape ever. I didn't talk to him on the phone,but he left a message and I tried calling back but he wasn't there. Maybe it got some chem burns on the leaves but that will mow out. With the weather nothing going to look as good as it does in the spring or fall. Just wonering if anyone is having problems with true fescue yards?

grassman177
07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Remind him to water in and it doesn't work over night!
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
07-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Okay, I sprayed a yard yesterday morning at 7:30 in the morning with disarm. He had some brown patch but not to bad. He called tonight saying that his yard is in the worst shape ever. I didn't talk to him on the phone,but he left a message and I tried calling back but he wasn't there. Maybe it got some chem burns on the leaves but that will mow out. With the weather nothing going to look as good as it does in the spring or fall. Just wonering if anyone is having problems with true fescue yards?

I have sprayed disarm and have never seen it burn.

But the rep said that you need to give it a little water after you spray.

All i ever see in yards is red thread.

Charles Cue

grassmasterswilson
07-23-2011, 08:43 AM
it shouldn't burn. Was your tank clean from previous herbicide mixes? I'm seeing fescue change in hours here (no rain and 10 days of 93 + with last 3 in 100s). Make sure they water in asap.

RAlmaroad
07-23-2011, 02:22 PM
On the coast fungi is not a question of IF but WHEN. I start very early in May knowing that when August brings 100+ heat and humidity around 90% that it will be too late to do much about it. Starting in May with monthly treatments on St. Augustine and centipede give me a little insurance. Then in July every 14 days on the Daconil or other folliar fungicides. Insignia is the systemic fungicide of choice which is already working--sorta like a 1, 2 punch. I always water the Insignia into the soil immediately after spraying. Sounds like overkill but once a client complains; no amount of explanations will suffice. On the other hand if I were to get a complaint, it would be a good sign that they were still alive as I rarely see them.
Eagle DF is used in cooler months of May as it has a little heat restriction. Cleary's, Daconil and other folliar fungicides are use with surfactants for quick absorbtion so that a watering in can be done when it has dried on the blades. All fungicides are used in a 3 month rotation.

superintendent
07-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, I need some lifting up. I talked to the owner today and he said that his yard is dead. Like I said I sprayed disarm Thursday morning and he now said it's dead. I cleaned the tank out 3 times and even if it had some msma and mec d in the tank it would have been watered down to where it would do no harm but maybe do some tip burn. Looks like I'm going to have to resod his yard. I'm just blown away with this. I've been wanting to throw up all day thinking about this mess. Has this happened to any of yall where you made a mistake and had to resod someones yard?

R & R Yard Designs
07-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I don't think it is dead. How has the weather been is it hot and dry. Or have you had rain. Hit it with a little n and see how it comes along spray it with .5 of n and get it before rain and see it come back.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLCS
07-23-2011, 06:47 PM
No haven't had to seed or resod a lawn, at least not yet. LOL

But I have to agree with R & R in that I say its not dead. Tell your customer to water. How big a lawn we talking about?

RigglePLC
07-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Wait--have you seen it yourself? It is common for customers to exaggerate the problem--just to get your attention. There is a good chance it is just dry or just has not recovered from the fungus attack.

superintendent
07-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Well S.O.B I had the guy that use to spray the yard go by for me today. I live an hr away and so I called him to go check it out. He got out of the business and gave me his accounts and this one was one of them and he told me today that scott's use to spray the yard and the customers said that they killed his yard also. Well he got to the yard and laugh and send me some pictures. Not a dam thing wrong with the yard. Yes it's got some bp and thinning out due to weather but other than that it looks good for this time of yr. I just don't think he wanted to pay for the fungicide spray. I will go up there in a couple of days and be like well if I didn't spray just imaging what it would look like. It's been in the high 90's here without rain in about a month.

CHARLES CUE
07-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Well S.O.B I had the guy that use to spray the yard go by for me today. I live an hr away and so I called him to go check it out. He got out of the business and gave me his accounts and this one was one of them and he told me today that scott's use to spray the yard and the customers said that they killed his yard also. Well he got to the yard and laugh and send me some pictures. Not a dam thing wrong with the yard. Yes it's got some bp and thinning out due to weather but other than that it looks good for this time of yr. I just don't think he wanted to pay for the fungicide spray. I will go up there in a couple of days and be like well if I didn't spray just imaging what it would look like. It's been in the high 90's here without rain in about a month.

Man don't you just love some people You wonder what go threw there little minds ?

I got one to go to this week 5 days after i did a first time spray he called and said that the grass was all brown and the weeds weren't dead.

Seems to me this guy is going to be a pain.

Charles Cue

DLCS
07-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Glad to hear! People can be such arseholes.

RAlmaroad
07-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Super: Just two words: Get your money and FIRE HIM!

greendoctor
07-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Where do people get off not watering their lawn if it is hot and dry or mowing incorrectly for their grass type, then expecting a single treatment to fix their F ups? He's FIRED! after collecting the money. Won't pay, then that is theft of service.

superintendent
07-24-2011, 10:52 PM
So what would yall do now. You would take the 45 mins drive just to say you saw his yard and confront him or send him a letter saying that it would be worst if I didn't spray the disarm and that you must pay me and for him to call me if he wants me to come back in sept to continue the service.

greendoctor
07-25-2011, 02:47 AM
Why continue servicing this pile of road apples? Someone that gives me that much stress had better be writing a lot of digits on their check. As I said, Mr HS had better pay up for everything you did so far and find someone else to abuse.