PDA

View Full Version : violet ... smoked

dgw
07-22-2011, 08:32 PM
well im happy with my new spot spray concoction (done with 3-way blanket apps other than new starts)

i tested it on a lawn recently with large patches of nutsedge, a lot of violet and some CG

i went back today and everything was done, brown or gone

one app

its 4 tablespoons of drive DF, 4.8-5 ounces of t-zone and a couple ounces of lesco spreader sticker in a 4 gallon backpack

and im darn close , if not lower in cost than Q4

i had much better results with them combined than separate

kbrashears
07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
1g per 1k?
Posted via Mobile Device

dgw
07-22-2011, 08:44 PM
yea, its a stihl and has a nice spray, so i actually am pretty close to that

but i mainly just spot spray and wet the leaves

kbrashears
07-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Just mainly? Thats what we all do. That's why you have to know your rate.

It's like playing golf with a friend on his course you aren't familiar with.

"How far is it to the pin?"

" About a nine iron."

:/drivesmecrazy]
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
07-22-2011, 08:50 PM
well im happy with my new spot spray concoction (done with 3-way blanket apps other than new starts)

i tested it on a lawn recently with large patches of nutsedge, a lot of violet and some CG

i went back today and everything was done, brown or gone

one app

its 4 tablespoons of drive DF, 4.8-5 ounces of t-zone and a couple ounces of lesco spreader sticker in a 4 gallon backpack

and im darn close , if not lower in cost than Q4

i had much better results with them combined than separate

That's great that it worked for you i have done concoction like this before and have good results. but i found that on violts temp and humidity have a lot to do with it. I hope your concoction works all the time.

Charles Cue

dgw
07-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Just mainly? Thats what we all do. That's why you have to know your rate.

It's like playing golf with a friend on his course you aren't familiar with.

"How far is it to the pin?"

" About a nine iron."

:/drivesmecrazy]
Posted via Mobile Device

i know, i have walked out 1k to calibrate , but im just saying i doubt i get the same rate spot spraying

grassman177
07-23-2011, 07:07 AM
why not use drive xlr8? it is supposed to be better and i thought they did away with even making drive df since? i always hated drive df due to poor mixing and disolving.

dgw
07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
why not use drive xlr8? it is supposed to be better and i thought they did away with even making drive df since? i always hated drive df due to poor mixing and disolving.

i got the df cheap, if im happy with the results i will eventually have to start getting the xlr8

bx24
07-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I still have a 1lb bottle of Drive DF but never using it since most times it performs poorly. At least I have it and it works on violets.
I still use other products for that :)

RigglePLC
08-09-2011, 10:05 PM
There is a way to calibrate back packs and hand sprayers with a stopwatch. Timing yourself with a watch. Spray into a measuring cup until you have sprayed one ounce. Then you have the number of seconds per ounce. For instance 3 seconds.
That means you are applying one-third of an ounce per second.
Try to cover one sq ft circle (13.5 inches diameter).
If you spray for one second, you are spraying 333 ounces per 1000 sqft.

lawn king
08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Drive df works well if you can keep it in suspension, the xlr8 is much easier to mix.