PDA

View Full Version : 72 inch Exmark, 27hp

One Timer
10-24-2002, 08:19 PM
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone on this site. I have been reading the the forum for about a year now and have really enjoyed it. Today I've decided to post my first posting. My question is , I am in the need of buying a new laser Z ,I want to know if the 27 hp has enough power to pull double blades and the ultravac system. I have two Z's now with 27 liquids but they are sixty inch machines. Do I need to step up to a 31 hp. Appreciate ant feedback anyone can give me....

LAWNGODFATHER
10-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Welcome.

Now answer this, do your 60"ers have enough?

TLS
10-25-2002, 12:02 AM
My 60" bogs with JUST the Ultra Vac. Putting Doubles AND the UV is just asking for 3300 RPM's. Add 12" more deck, and I think you'll be sorry. Why a UV on a 72" machine? 72's are mainly for wide open, high production mowing, NOT bagging?

Right now I feel Exmarks 72" linup needs Turbo-Diesel power (31hp) to be Productive in MY lawns.

dr grass
10-25-2002, 12:07 AM
check out the 27 horse diesel exmark has ... i was looking at one today. 3 cylinder. liquid cooled. about 15 k for a new one. if you can afford it, i think this machine would do the job for ya.

shep

Randy Scott
10-25-2002, 12:27 AM
As of now, the 31 gas motor has the most torque and horsepower the eXmarks have to offer. More than the 27 diesel does, considerably more. Of course the 31 gas is a ***** on fuel. I don't know for sure what they will all have for 2003. I've been just stirring over a 72" machine but just don't like the packages they offer right now. TLS is right. I'll spend the $14 or $15 grand if they provide me with a relatively fuel efficient diesel monster torque unit. I gotta have diesel.

Also, not sure of the reason you'd run doubles and an Ultra-vac, seems a little redundant to me.

LeoS818
10-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Last spring we bought 4 ,27 hp lc 72 inch lazers. One is set up to side discharge, two mulchers, and one with an ultra vac. All machines do their job very well. Dont know why any of them would need double blades.

One Timer
10-25-2002, 10:18 AM
:blob3: Lawngodfather,TLS,Dr.Grass,Leo & Randy Scott. Thanks for all your replys, As for my 27's having enough power to pull doubles yes, doubles and the Utra Vac No! I guess I should have said what do you guys know about 31hp gas?. As for running doubles,we run doubles on the 27hp units; we are on the grass early in the morning now by using doubles,and are recieving a great cut. We have a few large accounts 8-12-13 acre sites. I'm looking for a unit that can run doubles & Utra Vac system at the same time, not for a finer cut , but to save time removing blades. Have also hear there is a problem with the 31hp's throwing the double drive belts? Thanks guys.

Randy Scott
10-25-2002, 10:46 AM
Supposedly they have rectified the 31"s belt throwing problems. I know earlier in summer I demoed one and it threw the belt three times in a days worth of cutting. That was ridiculous.