PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there!!

eslawns
10-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Most of us seem to have a good time doing what we do and it can be easy to forget how dangerous this line of work can be. Just think about how much gasoline we carry on a rig or how quickly the mower blades spin. A split second's inattention can be deadly.

http://www.pilotonline.com/news/nw1024mat.html

Premo Services
10-24-2002, 10:58 PM
[b] :eek: WOW, hit in the head, thats tough. :eek:

Some years ago, I worked for a forestery dept. for a municipality, and a worker was showing off for some girls. He was watching them more than the splitter he was using. I kept telling him to look at what he was doing, but the girls were more interesting. He smashed his whole foot in the splitter under the wood he was trying to split. Not a pretty site...

SAFTEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE #1 PRIORITY

Jimbo
10-24-2002, 11:17 PM
It's a little off the subject, but that was the worst news paper article I have ever read. I thought reporters could write properly.

Reminded me of a few from LS.

Jim

dr grass
10-25-2002, 01:11 AM
you can be hurt in any industry. be careful WHATEVER you do. think smarter not harder..... usually helps!

shep

sirsweatsalot
10-25-2002, 02:50 AM
the guy i work with today left the trailer a little fast on the mower and cought the rack for weed wackers and one flew off and hit me in the jaw and i put two new holes in my toung. :) be careful even when you are not suppose to be in harms way! i was told the toung is the fastest healing organ in the body!

Gravely_Man
10-25-2002, 05:01 PM
I also sell firewood on the side as fall cleanup wind down and I get ready for snow removal. Having worked in the tree care industry I can tell you if you think lawn care attracts some from the shallow end of the gene pool you should check out some of the workers from the tree care business. I have worked with some real winners and some of the most knowledgeable people ever in this line of work. It only takes a minute to do something really stupid that you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

Gravely_Man

Darb
10-25-2002, 06:16 PM
I had a student that lost three of the toes on one of his feet. I think he was pulling the mower backwards and slipped. :eek:
Darb

Darb
10-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Jimbo was right about how poorly that article was written. Sorry to be off topic.
Darb

Robert Doubrava
10-25-2002, 07:26 PM
There's a little saying:

Safety Is No Accident:)

fastlane
10-25-2002, 07:49 PM
When I worked for the township a co worker was feeding branches into a chipper. A branch snagged his glove and pulled him toward the blades. We were taught to stand to the side to feed chipper.(not inline with chute) His face hit lip of chute, 5 broken bones and sore wrist. Ripped leather glove off his hand.He was lucky he didn't come out other end of chipper.

eslawns
10-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Update on the original post. If you're the praying type, his family could use one.

http://www.pilotonline.com/breaking/br1028tre.html