PDA

View Full Version : Dollarweed in Lirope

RAlmaroad
07-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Hey All: Is there anything that will work on Dollarweed without hurting Lirope? There is a very small amout of Dollarweed amoung some border Lirope. These are huge Dollarweed and I probably could just pull them but they would break off and come back. Lirope has a bulb and generally so thick that this would not be a problem. Surrounding grass is centipede which is clear thanks to Celsius. Probably could wick those very large leaves and may have to do it. Still I'd like to know if anyone else has a method. Thanks Roy

greendoctor
07-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Feed the bed with 1 lb 21-0-0, 1/2 lb potassium nitrate, and 32 oz Essential Plus all in 100 gallons of water. Then, 2 weeks later, apply Image herbicide at label rate per 1000 sq ft. Do this all again so that the second application of Image is 4 weeks from the first treatment.

Ric
07-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Roy

If it is GREEN liriope, just spray Roundup. Green Liriope is tolerant of Roundup. But if it is variegated Liriope use Certainty. Roundup will kill Variegated Liriope

FLAhaulboy
07-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I, actually like dollar weed-in my yard, especially if diameter of circle is over 3", kinda looks cool. If it was in a clients bed, it would have to be pulled out, so as to make some $ off it! What is okay with me isn't always ok elsewhere.

Ric
07-24-2011, 10:01 PM
I, actually like dollar weed-in my yard, especially if diameter of circle is over 3", kinda looks cool. If it was in a clients bed, it would have to be pulled out, so as to make some $ off it! What is okay with me isn't always ok elsewhere.

Haulboy

After reading some of you other posts, this one doesn't surprise me.

FLAhaulboy
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Haulboy

After reading some of you other posts, this one doesn't surprise me.

Not all weeds are ugly looking. I'm glad you can read, I was wondering if you could! :dancing:

Ric
07-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Not all weeds are ugly looking. I'm glad you can read, I was wondering if you could! :dancing:

Haulboy

Yes I can read and in fact I can read several different languages. But then Life isn't as tough for me as it is for you.

FLAhaulboy
07-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Haulboy

Yes I can read and in fact I can read several different languages. But then Life isn't as tough for me as it is for you.

Wow, I'm impressed and yet, I only need to read one language:waving: If I came to south Fl, how many languages would I need to learn?

Ric
07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Wow, I'm impressed and yet, I only need to read one language:waving: If I came to south Fl, how many languages would I need to learn?

Uno, Espanol