PDA

View Full Version : mowing at high speed...my Exmark does!

GarPA
10-25-2002, 06:31 AM
well it took me 6 months to figure this out...dahhhh...
Couple days ago I needed to get done early and on one commercial account I decided to push the sticks all the way forward and see how it would do..well..the grass was about 4 inches and I cut it to 3...at full tilt...nothing was missed and it looked just as good as if at a slower speed. Somewhere I read/was told these z's wont cut well at max speed...well thats not what I saw...what a great machine

MOW ED
10-25-2002, 09:02 AM
I think it is dependent on lots of things. Conditions are different at different times of the year. Lush spring growth is full of moisture. I don't think you would do well in that. Dry turf cuts easier. I think that turf type also is a big variable. Sharp blades are a must.

I have used some Z's that cut quite well at higher speed but usually I run out of smooth ground and then its time to stop and readjust my kidneys.

Bill Davis
10-25-2002, 09:59 AM
It is so much fun on smooth ground to lay the sticks out and let er' rip. My Exmark also does a great job on certain properties cutting at high speeds.

greenman
10-25-2002, 11:52 AM
:cool: :D :drinkup:

kppurn
10-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you have discovered the benefit of mowing with a Z.
Conditions such as terrain and growth will dictate how fast you can go, so I mow as fast as the ground and my back allow. I may get the full suspension seat next season for my lazer......my back will be happy to see that happen. :D

TLS
10-25-2002, 12:22 PM
WOW!!!

Wish I could catch lawns and only cut off 1" of grass!! That would be a dream! Me most of the time I'm cutting off 4" of grass and cutting it at 3.5" height. Most require a double cut to clean things up.

But when your only cutting off 1-2" of grass, speed is usually dependent on terrain and how rough it is.

Gravely_Man
10-25-2002, 12:45 PM
That is great. I don't try to rush through cutting but I do try to see how fast I can cut at each account and still get great results. I do not want to ruin my reputation but the sooner you are done the sooner you can go to the next account. Glad this worked out for you. As the others have mentioned this will be very difficult in the spring.

Gravely_Man