PDA

View Full Version : backpack blwrs for small snow accumulation??

GarPA
10-25-2002, 07:32 AM
has anyone used backpack blowrs for snow removal of a couple inch dry snowfalls?? I have a couple commercial properties to keep the entrances/sidewalks clear (no prg areas) and was thinking this might be more effctive than shoveling or dragging out the snowblower for smaller snowfalls...with the power of these things i would think it would work well but I've not tried it...thanks

captdevo
10-25-2002, 08:04 AM
yes, i've used b/p blowers, i prefer RedMax Powersweeper though....this thing sweeps snow as fast as you can walk!!!!

it works great for removing gravel off turf left from plows!! you can even get a nylon bristle head for cleaning concrete (i've sold alot of these to farmers for feeding augers in grain bins)!!

you can even add the gearbox and sweeper (rubber drum kit $330)(to most RedMax and Shindaiwa trimmers!!

I sell for $626 delivered!!

http://www.rpm-co.com/images/RED-RMSZ2500S.jpg http://www.rpm-co.com/images/RED-RMNBZ2500S.jpg

mdb landscaping
10-25-2002, 08:15 AM
i have seen guys who use backpack blowers for lighter accumulations up to an inch or so, but for 2 and 3 inch storms, they tend to use the brooms like capt devo showed or the larger BCS type walkbehind brooms.

wrtenterprises
10-25-2002, 09:36 AM
I have used a back-pack many times for light accumulations. Usually in the 1"-2" range. It works great as long as you have enough area to blow the snow. Sidewalks are very easy to do since you typically have area on both sides in which to blow the snow.

Go with one of the "big boys" of the pack world. The Echo 650 and the Redmax are my favorites. The others just do not measure up....

GarPA
10-25-2002, 09:41 AM
Hi Wayne....nice to hear from you...hope all is well in Joe Paterno land...he'll need his Geritol this weekend for Ohio State!!!

wrtenterprises
10-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Hey Gary,

All is great here in JoePa land. The grass is growing like Spring, and the leaves are just starting to fall. It looks like November will be a great month this year!!!

If we can keep Clarett under 150 yards, I think we can out score them. Zack and Larry can sure make things happen on offense. As for JoePa he will never get old, not as long as they make Grecian Formula for men :D

Gravely_Man
10-25-2002, 04:35 PM
MDB Landscaping I am not trying to start a war but why would you want to use some "Johnny come Lately" product when you can use the original? Smile I am not trying to fire anyone up. I use a Gravely walk behind with a brush attachment for light snowfalls. I can clear much more quickly with the brush then I can with a blower. Did I mention the brush is 48" wide? I just swap out the brush attachment for the 48" snow blade or snow blower for sidewalks and tight working areas and the truck & plow get the rest.

Gravely_Man