PDA

View Full Version : dixon 4500 series hydro question

echotech
07-25-2011, 02:49 PM
ok so i had a fella bring me a dixon 4500 series with the hydrogears in for a new seal in the shaft, he said it was his second one in a year and that it had never really stopped leaking after i looked close at it i realized that he had a bad bearing on the drive axle so i replaced it and all the seals and put the unit back in. now for the question i have the pump is running in reverse as in push lever forward it goes backwards and same for push back go forward and it is not suppose to do this am i missing something with this pump as in a spring or a nut that changes this? everything is put back right and their really was no way to put the parts in the pump that i took out wrong!
pump number
312-2400L

Restrorob
07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
If you have the control arm installed properly, And had #12 input shaft along with #10 variable swashplate out it's possible when you re-installed these you flipped #31 trunnion arm. This is the only thing I see that would cause it to operate backwards.....

echotech
07-26-2011, 09:48 AM
so the trunnion could have went back in wrong? i really did not see how anything fit back wrong i took my time and made sure i was doing this right but at this point i guess anything is possible

Restrorob
07-26-2011, 07:35 PM
so the trunnion could have went back in wrong?

The trunnion arm has a pin on the end of it that #30 slot guide slides onto, If this pin on the trunnion were spun around facing down instead of up it may cause the reverse action you have on the joysticks.

This is only a guess, I've never seen nor heard of such issue and can't think of anything else in there that would cause it ?