PDA

View Full Version : wheel motor or hydro motor going bad?

mdmowerman
07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
How can one determine if the hydro motor or the wheel motor is bad on a machine?
Is there a way to check/test one or the other without buying a wheel motor or hydro pump? Dont want to buy one and the other one need be the problem.

I have a 54" bobcat, and when you lock up brakes on the right the machine is very slow to make the turn. All the adjustments are open on the wheel motor, have changed the hydro filter, there was a shear pin or woodriff key that could of possibly worn out, or fallen out, neither is the case. I bought this mower used and havent gotten much use out of it this year because of this.

Anyone have any ideas?

castlerockmo
07-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I had that happen on my dixon last month, turns out the pump failed and took out the motor. Had to replace both of them. The only thing I know about anything being tested is my dealer said the could test the pump.

Other than that I can't help ya
Posted via Mobile Device

Miller Lawn Care
08-03-2011, 02:02 AM
I had a similar problem and ended up replacing both also on my hustler z. I can't remember exactly where right now but if you search for troubleshooting hydrogear pumps, there is a repair and parts site that has the hydrogear repair manual and troubleshooting guide that explains how to test the pump. Althought it requires a few more specialized gauges than what the average guy has laying around. If there was much damage internally in the pump. I would replace the wheel motor anyway Becquerel of the amount of metal that would have gone thrust it. And from what I understand that is the recommended. Procedure but its not cheap. As for the wheel motors finding info on troubleshooting it was way more difficult because of all the variations at least with the parked on my hustler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miller Lawn Care
08-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Saw.m-and-d.com search hydrogear and it will have a troubleshooting pdf and parts diagrams. Hope it helps and sorry for any misspelled words in previous post. Fat thumbs on a touchscreen phone with auto fix spelling. Hope it helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

MS_SURVEYOR
08-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Saw.m-and-d.com search hydrogear and it will have a troubleshooting pdf and parts diagrams. Hope it helps and sorry for any misspelled words in previous post. Fat thumbs on a touchscreen phone with auto fix spelling. Hope it helps.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat thumbs? Or touchscreen phone with auto fix spelling?

:rolleyes:

Saw.m-and-d.com

that could work!

:drinkup: