PDA

View Full Version : Bradley mowershipment

XLS
07-25-2011, 09:25 PM
just wanted athread onthe bradley mower. we are currently on our way to pick up a load of 52" units we will also be purchasing alot of 61" bradleys this season. we will keep you guys posted on every service and situation that arises, will also include the hours on the machine at those points. pictures will be posted by friday
Posted via Mobile Device

Greyst1
07-25-2011, 09:37 PM
XLS,

Post some pics & a review.

Surprised to see you went with Bradley. How come you chose Bradley?

XLS
07-25-2011, 10:52 PM
honestly ....becasue they are willing to build the mowers i want and the way i want them . on top of that for over a year we have developed the units and we have a 10 year exclusive to . I know that means little to alot of big time 4 crew guys on here but we are looking at a deal of 25 units per year with 52"-61" and 72" decks . scag and exmark looked at me like i was nuts when i told them why i needed 50-60 mowers .(they asked me if i though i was brickman or some other big guy , i looked them in the eye and told them they would never know !) all of the parts on bradleys are scag production parts so if the china stuff fails our back up is a scag dealer .

not many companies really care what you say as long as you buy the mowers . they told me all we do is fix the issue if it happens document it ,make templets and they will produce the finished product for all of our new orders.

and of course price .

XLS
07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
You guys may get a good laugh at the post to come .......... many believe its china junk and it may be .....so if it is and you see a entry every week with the hours it logged to date tnhe cost and the repairs made, well atleast you will know i didnt lie about how good they were if they were not!

Greyst1
07-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Did a dealer make the comment about Brickman or Exmark the co.?

What is unique about these bradley's to your company?

XLS
07-25-2011, 11:04 PM
At the GIE-louisville exmark made the comment same place we talked to chris and his guys last year . It was a slight slap in the face.

It allows for faster growth and faster recovery with less problems and frustrations then trying to find someone elses used walkbehinds of commercial standards and troubles off e-bay or craigs list
they are new and generally less issues arise in new products of any brand of a period of time .
they are a all in one tye unit for us hydro drive , wide cuts, good speeds light weight no need to buy sulkies extra or at a different time we can put 2 on a ranger and go to work . its simply a smother transition then craigslist.

Greyst1
07-25-2011, 11:11 PM
At the GIE-louisville exmark made the comment same place we talked to chris and his guys last year . It was a slight slap in the face.

It allows for faster growth and faster recovery with less problems and frustrations then trying to find someone elses used walkbehinds of commercial standards and troubles off e-bay or craigs list
they are new and generally less issues arise in new products of any brand of a period of time .
they are a all in one tye unit for us hydro drive , wide cuts, good speeds light weight no need to buy sulkies extra or at a different time we can put 2 on a ranger and go to work . its simply a smother transition then craigslist.

That would have pissed me off too, exactly why i sold my exmark yesterday. I can appreciate arrogance for a superior product but Exmark is hardly superior and i challenge anyone on LS on that. No disrespect, decent machine but no where near close to superior. There are many details overlooked on Exmark but that's the wave of US Mfg'n....

I'd be curious to know what the min would be to order factory direct.

Anyhow, what is the uniqueness? Just deck size and hydro? Are you supplying the equipment now? Last time we talked i thought you only filled in where needed and your employees supplied the equipment.

mowandblow1980
07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
any pics yet?

havenlax18
07-26-2011, 07:34 PM
pics pics pics

flatlander42
07-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm just here to see the pics.

XLS
07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Well i just got in and up.the 61"units will be ready in mid august i have to go down and un load them all and number them . so it will be late tonight or in the morning.
i am selling a few walkers today as well so i am not sure what i will get done

I am not sure where you git they supply the equipment at??? the most they supply is some trucks ......we do allow some of them to use things they have if they want to but they never supply all the production equipment at all.

we will end up with approximatly 12- 52"(picked up this week) and then 25- 61and 72""-
more 61"then 72"they are due in august but no set date.....they have the main unit comming in on the 15th but are still desiging the actual decks for us.
so i am off to unload the old semi you guys seen in the field.

not being rude to the poster who ask.......just keeping the bashing of the thread enought accounts to need them is all and enough money comming in to buy this load in a days worth of work
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-27-2011, 02:41 PM
here is a few so far. It is getting to hot to mess with them so this evening i will get a pic of them all togather .

I mowed wil 1 and it is good to go . stripes are nice for the poor, half dormant grass will go get pics of the stripes .

Michael J. Donovan
07-27-2011, 02:48 PM
again, NO need to comment if you are just going to bash the member, his equipment, pics, etc.

if you are not interested in what another member has to say, then please move along and do not comment on the thread

thanks, I would appreciate it

LawnMowerKing10
07-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Wasnt Bradley bought out by Red Hawk Equipment ?

TLS
07-27-2011, 10:41 PM
XLS,

Maybe I missed it, and I did a quick search back through your posts and didn't see....

So....
Your buying 25 Bradley walkbehinds per year, for years to come?

And by doing so, your are able to spec them out (did I read design as well?) the way YOU want them.

You are a large company I'm guessing, and want new equipment every year?

Just wondering, as like I said above, I dont have the full story.

XLS
07-27-2011, 11:57 PM
lawn mower king- i do not knowwho owns what in all honestly. this is what i do know...
Havner enterprise gets in a standard order of Ref hawk mowers then havner takes off the handles and places on the inverted handles and leg pad and the caster sulkey those parts havner makes themselves. I deal with havner directly and they did everything i asked for.

Inall defense for the nay say bunchthe differances of what we wantedand what others wantesd are minimal......its not as complex as atrue custom order.
i told them what i needed
i wanted a electric start kohler powered unit in a 52"as the smallest cut- 61" and possibly 72" cut capible of 8 mph mowing speed in 6" of cuttings with an hour meter and lights and we wanted a safety system we ourselves could disengage fast.

what we got is 20Hp engines
donaldson air filter. at least a 8 mph cut speed ,we will time it cutting 6" of thick grass to determine if it is at speed. we wanted a oil tube built in so we didnt have to locate it in a toolbox.

when we picked it up it was setup for us at 4"height of cut so we have no adjustment or set up time.

this weekend we will be testing walker low profile tires/rims to see if they will fit the factoy hydros and if they will then havnar will install the wider rims and tires on all of our units to help them float andhandle better with the wider cut decks .

in reality havnar simply told the plant what i wanted and they helped me out.

they wont produce the wide cuts due to no market for them unless we made a minimum order.....so we will simply put.
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
07-28-2011, 12:20 AM
I've dealt with Chris before and he is great to do business with. The good thing about him is that he likes to sell mowers and is willing to help you any way possible. When I bought mine I got free shipping with a lift gate truck right to my front porch. I want to see one of those 72" units, I'd actually like to have one. Are you getting the 72" in the stander form or true walk behind, like their old style? Are they already selling the 61's? What engine are you going with on the 72", the 20hp Kohler?

XLS
07-28-2011, 12:21 AM
TLS- we had to order 25 mowers minimum before the company was willing to build the bigger nonproduction units for me. we agreed to do 25 over a year period and to recylce them every 2 seasons it will take approximatly 2 years to equip all my crew the first cycle....and by then we will be trading in some of the higher hour units so it may simply become x amount of units per year.
in this agreement we were informed they had No details and asked what we needed these uits to do
the 61" will be 25 Hp and the 72"s will be 27HP they put bigger hydros faster speeds and bigger wheels.
they asked if i wanted electric clutch....NO

this trip we discused the placement of scalp wheels on the deck and the thickness we wanted

I want you guys to understand in NO way does this mean we control the productions we asked for what we wanted and they simply agreed to provide it to me the way i want...... it is still up to the actual company 100% on how this works out...... In short i come up with X amount and say send me 4-72"units and then they will build it custom and bam we get them..

we are not getting catered to in anyway they simply are listening and fulfill my needs at prices we like!!!
we were looking for simple and that will never change so you guys may get a simular unit in a year that is fancier then what we want.....the company has no plans to build the 61-72 for the public at this time
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
07-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Maybe while they are running production of the 72's they could build me one..lol. I really like the idea of the wide area walk behinds, I don't think anyone has built a 72 in a long time, maybe Bunton back in the 80's or something.

XLS
07-28-2011, 12:37 AM
we will be getting standars only. our 52"s have 20 hp now.we will be installing 36 scap wheels tomorrow we have center rear rollers set at 3" to help scalp from deck set down and help on loading

our big decks will have 6-8 rollers.
binky i dont think you will ever see a 61"or 72" unit in the field, sorry. we may can sell you one after we get them....never know.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 12:42 AM
lol on you saying production

they will build a welding jig and then when wqe send $$$ they willbuild it out..... they are simple.....as chris said to me"it is just a little extra material so it wont cost alot to work it out for you" we simply have to pay for the different engine choices for the main part
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 12:48 AM
have you ever seen/visited the shop offices????
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
07-28-2011, 12:53 AM
That sounds good to me, when you get ready to unload one of the 72's in a few years send me a p.m. If I had more time I would probably buy an old walk behind and build a 72" deck for it..lol.

BINKY1902
07-28-2011, 12:55 AM
have you ever seen/visited the shop offices????
Posted via Mobile Device

No never visited the shop, but I've dealt with Chris and Shannon up there several times. I was trying to get him to build me a 26" walk behind, the old plow handle style, with a 11 hp Honda on it. They had a few last year but didn't reorder the stuff for them so I couldn't get one. I did see where they have the 26" diesel mowers now though, pretty dang cool.

XLS
07-28-2011, 09:54 AM
binky- your coment on building a 72" yourself is how we felt before we ask them.....if they had said no we wer prepaired to do it ourselves. We have only been back a day and just got news we may be heading back.....they are near done with a test deck 61"(i told them to look into a gravly 2760HD deck.....they did and apparently they were able to punch out one simular quiet fast. may be heading back next week.580 miles up there,road trip.

I will get started on a ranger rig next week just for the GIE to bring up to the show going to get the truck tonight and pics of it as they come. We have alot of things going on!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I have beenplaying with the mowers all day and i had time to measure off the distance traveled turns out our units speed isnt as fast as i thought they do 8 mph with the blades off on a paved road
with the mower in thick and high grass it cuts best at 7.2mph and we had a few others mowing and the speed they chose to mow was just 6.5mph. i feel they will speed up once they are more comfortable.
tomorrow we will be compairing them on jobs .
THINGS WE WILL MAKE CHANGES TO IN THE FUTURE
1) the stand on platform will be wider about 4" total.
(we will start the mods this weekend)
and we noticed with the extra speed the control handle is a bit to wide overall.....some of the ladies complained it opened wider then their hands could causing discomfort after a hour...... this could be why they mowed slower as well they may have set the speed where it was most comfortable in their hand . the wider grip is due to the speeds we asked for directly

while cutting 6" grass-8" stems we noted the blades would cut clean at all speed but would load the engine at times for a second....never did it bog or slow or need doubble mowed .
The blade speed was very high throwing grass close to 16` on the bottom bulk and close to 20` on the top (how do i post video of this???)

I noted in this high cut situation that the deck causes some roll out at the rear of the discharge opening where a baffle prevents the grass from reentering the deck in the upper half of the chamber.. tomorrow if this slight wind row happends on regularly serviced lawns we will open up the discharge side of the deck and send havnar the deck update.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Did you check engine RPM's? Should be 3750 no load.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
i want to ask what did i type that sugested anything about the rpm`s...... I am unsure why you stated then is all. I Checked the manual and the engine is running properly as indicated yep
Posted via Mobile Device

TLS
07-28-2011, 05:57 PM
You mentioned that you weren't getting your desired top speed and you indicated bogging in heavy grass. Most engines are NOT set to proper RPM's from either engine or mower factories.
Posted via Mobile Device

Greyst1
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
again, NO need to comment if you are just going to bash the member, his equipment, pics, etc.

if you are not interested in what another member has to say, then please move along and do not comment on the thread

thanks, I would appreciate it

Can i get a triple bump for the NCAC

http://www.ncac.org/

Greyst1
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
XLS,

So tell me why you would need a 72 walk? How come no interest in lower end ztr's? Wondering if you can be as competitive on walk's. Unless you have to have a walk then NM.

grassman177
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
i have to say i am interested in this business strategy. cuz it is so different and seems to work so far. i have followed some of you posts, disagreed a lot on some points, but hey, thanks for sharing

XLS
07-28-2011, 11:05 PM
XLS,

So tell me why you would need a 72 walk? How come no interest in lower end ztr's Wondering if you can be as competitive on walk's. Unless you have to have a walk then NM.

it is simply part of a plan. it boils down to ONE company providing mowers that fit all of our various needs..

the 72" specificly is for areas which are more open and a wider cut is needed to finish. as for being competitive these mowers move substantially faster then our walkers, as fast as our gravely`s and we only have a few mowers that are faster then 8mph when cutting. .

a major reason we moved away from the ztr`s is because the ranger conversions could only haul 1 walker unit we are going to slowly add helper springs and be able to haul 2 of these units. I am not implying we will have 2 -72" just that if they need to catch up they have options most of the trucks will be 1 -61"or 52" and just haul extra as needed
Posted via Mobile Device

Greyst1
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Are your converting your rangers to dovetails or something?

XLS
07-28-2011, 11:11 PM
grayst1 also none of them a re going to be used as a walk.....more of a wide stamder type unit. besides that we can turn them sideways onabout any trailer.....for fun i learned we can put 2 on a 5x8 trailer and 3 on a 12` but wouldnt ever work in this manner due to the load up time ....but it can be done....my wife said " how the f did you do that" lol
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 11:17 PM
yeah for about 5 years we have been slowly converting them over and have just now tested them enough to know what wearas and when. we have been putting 8` flats with 4-to 5 doves. now we have these lighter units and have to beef up the suspension to level the load of possibly 2 units due to more weight behind thw wheels. we hope we can have one at the gie in the outdoor area loaded with bradleys if not i will still have one up there parked
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
just sold a 2nd walker mower tonight so i am off for another load. i know that will read odd but i told the guys what my plans were and they asked if i would sell them just one ad i said no.....they called bs when i told them the basic price..... i told him i can buy 4 new ones for the price of a used cheap walker
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-29-2011, 12:19 AM
will try and get some night mowings picture taken over the weekend
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
07-29-2011, 02:11 AM
so you are gonna be at gie, showing mowers and trucks?

XLS
07-29-2011, 08:02 AM
the actual details are still being worked out right now.
here is the deal as of this minute. I will be getting a 61" test unit in a few weeks and at the show we hope they have built and bring atleast 2 to the show . chris said he didnt mind having one of our rangers loaded with his products if space allowed......and then said no problem. I guess the keey works is "if space allows because the gie sells booths by the area required.

If all fails and we cant be in the show area we will still be parked empty in the parking area until the last day at which time we will take delivery and come home

if the test 61" is a negative no go then we have from august to november to find out and if so they will bring 52"s to the show.and we will kill the production of the bigger units.. It is about to eairly to know how it will all fall, more details as we get informed
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
07-29-2011, 08:05 AM
grassman- read your post again.....clearing it up we will have one rig not new not cleaned up straight out of the field
Posted via Mobile Device

mowandblow1980
07-29-2011, 10:22 AM
XLS, when you get a chance could you post some pics of your ranger conversion? I'm very interested in that kind of truck set up. Thanks

XLS
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
mowandblow1980 sorry to disappoint but on this thread it is solely sbout the bradley`s. everytime i started a random picture thread members seemed to be to impatiant for pics and it would fill up with comments getting it locked . sorry
1 day i might be lucky enough to have a good pic thread.

we have a few days wait on our first 60-61 just called and they are laying it out as i type .I cant wait!!
Posted via Mobile Device

flatlander42
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
just put up pics of something......your in the pic section!!!:laugh:

mowandblow1980
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
^^ lol. How about a pic of the new mower on the ranger?

grassman177
07-29-2011, 07:05 PM
they do have a point about the pic section! ahhah

BINKY1902
07-29-2011, 11:58 PM
^^ lol. How about a pic of the new mower on the ranger?

That's a good idea...I'd like to see that too

XLS
07-30-2011, 12:24 AM
then i will see you at the show binky sir
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
can u post a pic of one of your cube vans??

XLS
07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
here is a couple of pics
THIS WAS TAKEN ON A CAMERA PHONE . In the field and not by me

the first 2 pics was of the discharge action while cutting 6" grass down to 3.5". I know we all have seen this before but they took it to show there is no windrow with the new deck design ( we will modify the other units and then the company will build them this way for us from here on out.

Also anyone running a redhawk walkbehind or bradley sulkey mower
who has a windrow issue when cutting can ask and we can tell you how to fix it in 5 minutes or less
some stripes on grass without rain for 4 weeks and one of the headlights ,mowing at night

BINKY1902
07-30-2011, 05:03 PM
What kind of lights did you go with, auto type fog lights or narrow beam driving lights?

XLS
07-30-2011, 05:28 PM
I dont kow the name of them to be honest they are just a sealed beam on rubber isolation support
It is WAY TO BRIGHT
it is a fog and driving light combo and i had to aim them directly at the ground in front of the mower becasue when straight ahead as we originally planned to set them it will blind you at 200 feet it covers about 12' to both sides and 60" out with it adjusted just at the wheels.
we have logged 47 hours on the test 52" so far and below is the modifications we have done
1) reaimed the lights (20 minutes)
2) Redesigned the deck opening to stop all rowing of high grass ( did not cut it up just removed a piece approximatly 1''X3'' cut at 45 degree ) (5 minutes $0.00) NO TORCH
3) filled the tires with our version of no flat (15 minutes and $40.00)
4) the bolt and nut holding the blade mechanism tight came lose (this is all that give tension on the blades so when it lossened up the blades started to prematurely disengage (5 minutes and 2 standard wrenches)

XLS
07-30-2011, 05:39 PM
If the weather cools off for next week I may be able to post pics of all of the hedge trimmings . They are behind with the trimming and as of now have about 6000 bushesand grasses to trim this week. anyone ever been curious as to what 6000 bushes worth of trimmings look like?? ( i know i will catch XXXX for this post) . if the weather dont cool off then it will be about 2 weeks to get them all done .
most of them are 4' tall or less with less them 150 needing a ladder and alot of plantings that are dying due to heat. so they go fast..
will get some before and afters from the crews.

flatlander42
07-30-2011, 06:35 PM
I'd like to know more about your version of "no-flat"....Please, if you don't mind.

XLS
07-31-2011, 12:01 AM
flatlander- sent you a PM....not normal but works well
Posted via Mobile Device

flatlander42
07-31-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the PM.

XLS
07-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Because i have never run hydro walk behinds and have only owned 1 husqvarna 48"belt drive that sucked sooo bad i gave it back in a month I want to ask you guys what you want to see to compare the bradley to your conditions.

We are fully satisfied with the decission to use only bradley mowers but want to test it in a way that compairs apples to apples.

give me ideas of things you want to see

The blades are way easier to change then any units we have ever owned

walker deck tilts but you have sheer pins and if you hit something you better have tools ane bolts
our gravely ztr`s are almost self tightening bolts ,we tighten them to specs and then the impact cant hardly take them off.then you have to lift the unit to get under it .

with bradly two 15/16"wrenchs for the top/bottom 15/16" no covers to remove ...just hit the top nut and get 1 person to push down on the handles and out the blades slide. no lift just 2 wrenches 3 minutes in the field........i a shop setting with a impact gun and a wrench to hold the bottom i believe it could be completed in 2 minutes if you had blades ready
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
07-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Yep I had a little tool box mounted on my Bradley with two 15/16" end wrenches in it.

XLS
08-01-2011, 01:58 AM
do you still have the bradley?......did the discharge tend to leave grass at the edge of the deck in a row???
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok i can say this personally its about 5 times better on a hill then a walker . and i thought they were good on small hills .
I have had the tester way past 25 degrees slop. It pulls my 250 lbs fine on hills i would not have used a walker on . I have not heard any feed back from the crews as this is their first field day we delivered them over the weekend.

I need ideas of things to do with the mower i cant find anything to stop it on my jobs.
I am not claiming any better then any mower only time will tell now how it holds up .

I will say this i noticed that the non-important stickers are not water proof ..... they are starting to peel at 50 hours ( the one on the handles that says sulky mower had to be removed after it peeled 1/2 off and the reminder to turn off the fuel sticker shared the same fate........... but this has nothing to do with quality of a mower only the low budged printing .

BINKY1902
08-02-2011, 01:56 AM
do you still have the bradley?......did the discharge tend to leave grass at the edge of the deck in a row???
Posted via Mobile Device

No didn't leave a grass line discharging or mulching. And I sold the 48" Bradley.

XLS
08-02-2011, 02:17 AM
How many hours do you think it ran ?
What was the reasons for selling it?

BINKY1902
08-03-2011, 12:41 AM
How many hours do you think it ran ?
What was the reasons for selling it?

I sold the 48" at around 100 hours on it, tore two ligaments in my knee and couldn't walk or stand anymore.

XLS
08-03-2011, 01:28 AM
man thats a tough break, sorry to hear that.
how long ago did that happen?
was the tear from the mower or was you in an accident.

Just courious if it is related to the mowers because i have never used walks.. not trying to be to personal
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
08-03-2011, 01:49 AM
No not from the mower..lol. Old sports injury that was repaired, tore again.

XLS
08-06-2011, 01:42 PM
well at 78 hours on the test unit and cutting seriously high mess i broke it

the belt we noticed while doing daily check up the belt had acut in the belt it is up to the belt material on the back i guess it is1/16" from snapping.
So other then that no real
issues
that is what i get for cutting 6" grass in the rain all day .

i found out this thing will hold any hill after a guy said he fell walking a hill and the mower held its ground for him to get up and finish the hill..
Posted via Mobile Device

Oakleaf landscape
08-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Can you please proof read your posts, learn to use capitalization, and use punctuation. It's also not cool to randomly put breaks in you sentences.

Thank you, Zach

BINKY1902
08-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Can you please proof read your posts, learn to use capitalization, and use punctuation. It's also not cool to randomly put breaks in you sentences.

Thank you, Zach

"you sentences"......lol.

BINKY1902
08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
well at 78 hours on the test unit and cutting seriously high mess i broke it

the belt we noticed while doing daily check up the belt had acut in the belt it is up to the belt material on the back i guess it is1/16" from snapping.
So other then that no real
issues
that is what i get for cutting 6" grass in the rain all day .

i found out this thing will hold any hill after a guy said he fell walking a hill and the mower held its ground for him to get up and finish the hill..
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to do some crazy hills with mine. I wish I still had it, especially for some really steep ditches that I mow. I did some bagging with it as well, but the small cage didn't hold a whole lot of leaves. I changed the hydro drive belt out on mine at around 50 hours, and that's all I did to it. It had a small cut in it so I went ahead and changed it out. I think you'll be happy with them, they leave a nice cut. If you have any grass types that take a stripe, the mower leaves a nice stripe. I still want to see the pics of the 72" when you get them. Is Chris still working on the 72" deck for you?

XLS
08-07-2011, 07:58 AM
They are. as of this moment in time it looks like it will be chrismas before they have all of the details annd buildthe 61" . they were hoping that we would get them by the GIE but he said its going to take more time to ensure it wont crack on the additional weight. he asked that we would except it from his company to be a winter project so they can work out those details.once that has happened if the 61`s cut good then the 72`s will follow.
my wife suggesated we build our own and send to them to blueprint. I am calling him monday to see if this 2nd shipment is ready,I am getting geared up for the trip.

indeed they stripe and hold hills I was informed. on a property they went off into a 50` long 6` deep ditch and mowed all of it and I know nothing but a weedeater had ever went in there. They said it had no issues at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
08-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Ok i changed out all the belts at 86 hours .I noticed the hydro belt was fraying as well as the deck belt was breaking . the auto store said the deck belt was defect nodoubt the hydro drive belt was rubbing or had a poor alignment. turned out the pivot point for the hydro belt tensioner was being rubbed due to improper tenssion and the slap of the belt was causing it to fray.

the manual that comes with the units do not list sizes so we cross referenced numbers and came up with

1)-B-88 gates hi-power II belt for the engine to blades 21/32"x91" belt

2) AX-44 gates tri-power belt for the hydro pump drive 1/2"x46" belt.

the time to change them both was 35 minutes total with no lift just did it on the floor. it requiered the platform to be removed and the deck cover be removed. and 2 deck guides to be rotated and the hydro tensioner lossened requiring only 1# 9/16" wrench

nothing else was needed
TOTAL COST FOR REPAIRS $36.63 and now no belts made in mexico will fail .
we will be checking all of the units and converting as needed
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
08-09-2011, 11:30 PM
The tensioner nut on the hydro definately will rub the belt. The nut has a ground off side, but it is not quite enough. I actually saw that the belt had rubbed the paint off of mine, so I ground the side of the nut down some more so it wouldn't rub.

grassman177
08-10-2011, 03:55 AM
sounds like the mower needs more work before it is considered commercial.

XLS
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
why cant you spent 30 minutes to same 5 grand
i have had the same kind of issues with commercial

XLS
08-10-2011, 02:09 PM
since your coming off an axx lets try this grassman
COMMERCIAL ferris 5000 cat diesel 72"
ready ?????
5 hours belt broke
75 hours they recalled the radiator assembly seems they had originally had a prescreen in it to help keep it clean took that out before production had issues and sad they over heated after taking them out and replaced it .

but this was a 12 hour conversion by the dealer at no cost to me mine never even got hot but what ever .

290 hours had a starter go out (ever replaced a starte on a cat diesel ?????) $500 buck later and having to drive it 300 miles to a CAT DEALER NOT FERRIS
oh and here is MY FAVORITE
the deck came with a hollow spindle with a 1/2 x6" mayby 8 " grade 8 bolt and it had 5-6 1/2'' spacers that caused the large blades to cut unlevel if you hit an ant hill
we spent $350.00 in BOLTS and called the company ,the dealers and complained a full year before we even got acknowledged by the manufactures and then one day we get a call and they tell me to take it to a dealer and they would fix it ........ for me to tell them " who the f are you I put a set of ferris spindles for a 3500 series 61" and we will never own a ferris again"
we also bought a 3500 ferris kawi powered with a 61" at the time and to this day it is in the field .
besides that we also replaced a 5$00.00 electric clutch and the left shock absorber after the rod bent . Is the 5000 series (now a 5500 redesign ) commercial most here will say yes but the fact is if you dont have issues in them your not using them the way we are. and all i will say is way to go .
If you want to validate this info you can google A&D distributers and ask for the last phone number to a demo guy first name Bill retired a few years back but he still goes there often . We had no trouble out of the 3500 ferris out side of belts and a cluth .

I will say the bradleys may need refinning but it is nothing that is in need of work . the construction is fine . The word my belt guy used today was missapplication of the belt he gave me a different belt yesterday and checked it today it sits different in the pulleys and it DOES NOT RUB at all it has close to 1/2" of clearance.

XLS
08-10-2011, 02:18 PM
This is what we are cutting trying to break it. 2 different jobs same stop
this is with blades that have not been sharpened after 80 hours.

and it still cuts fairly clean at about 6.5 of 8 mph .

Grassman i am trying to break this unit . for entertainment. no but i am trying to break it so i know what to expect in the field .
i had the guys check the other units and not one belt is in need of replacement . i am abbusing mine no doubt.

commercial or not i am still happy with the deal .

XLS
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
best i can figure is grassnam stays away from them becasue he has no mechanical skill and he dont like saving money. lol considering it was due to my tensioner being to lose from the factory. the manual said to read over the manual first and it tells me the lbs of tension i should have on all the belts ..... and it says after a belt break in period to readjust everything so ........ me not reading actually caused the possible belts to wear, or the type of cutting it has been doing caused it . my fault

BINKY1902
08-11-2011, 12:23 AM
These mowers are awesome in overgrown grass, I found that out myself. I reclaimed a hay field with my Bradley and it went through it no problem.

XLS, do you like the way the sulkey mower rides and handles, as in the ergonomics of the handles and everything? It looks much more comfortable position than their true walk behind and sulky.

XLS
08-11-2011, 12:16 PM
i am 6`3"250 lbs and i find the handles and weight distribution are great.
alot of true standers are designed in a way that if you had to walk the controls become to high and awkward .
The bradley seems to over come alot of that .
i have some employees that come in at 5`ish and they say they get a bit to high when walking behind them.

the ride is great overall after ridding all day i am not is beat as sitting on a walker.
this early on i would give the units on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best a 8.8 . time will tell if that goes up or down
Posted via Mobile Device

jplawnmaint
08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
How much do these mowers cost? I like the concept of them. I've never seen these mowers before.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
08-12-2011, 11:41 PM
jplawn- i recomend you e-mail the company directly to request a price on their units the 52" like i have is not the same unit or price that you would get. i think 48" is all they offer and i know our baffles are different.
Posted via Mobile Device

lifetree
08-13-2011, 10:55 AM
... binky i dont think you will ever see a 61"or 72" unit in the field, sorry. we may can sell you one after we get them....never know.

That's what I was thinking ... order one for him and then just sell it to him !!

lifetree
08-13-2011, 11:45 AM
XLS -- It's been fun reading this thread, thank you for sharing all of this information !! However, I just have a couple of questions ...

1.) How many crews do you run ... 25 mowers every 2 years is alot ??
2.) I found it interesting that you said the women had some comments about the mowers ... how many operators do you have, and of those, how many of them are women ??
3.) Could you please share publicly the unconventional method of "no flat" tires, instead of just by E-Mail ??

Thanks for a great thread !!

lifetree
08-13-2011, 12:17 PM
... scag and exmark looked at me like i was nuts when i told them why i needed 50-60 mowers ...

XLS -- Maybe I misread, apparently it's 25 mowers every year ... I'm impressed !! GOOD LUCK ... and please keep posting your findings here on this thread.

XLS
08-13-2011, 04:50 PM
the facts of our agreement is that it is a 2 year 1000 hour trade in . i had to do 25 units before they would invest in securing engines to my likings. the same goes for the 61`s and 72" units . it may be that we use the same engine for the 2 larger units so we can lower the order on the larger units .

this company agreeded to replace the belts i had that were bad . thay also pushed my second order back one more week for the 3rd time. they plan on looking into the belt issue to insure the issue was been resolved.

i have about 30 ladies working for us and it is more of the smaller framed small hand ones who claim the handles open to far in wide open forward but after some getting used to it they seem to be adapting fine.
they simply moved up the handle but i assume this caused more pressure to be needed to squeeze the handles due to the shorter fulcrum distance but they are fine for the most part.

this thread is about the bradley`s not the overall employees i have nor the run flats, i just want to stay on topic if that is an understandable request.
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
08-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Ok i want to ask you guys a question in reeguards to your mowers in comparison to these.
I ask this because the Gravely mowers we run and our ferris wont do what the bradley's do .

here is the question in fresh cut thick high grass (cutting off 2" )how well will your mower clean up the clippings on hard surfaces.

our gravelys do best when you move along the clippings with the deck on clean pavement and simply using the air rushing out of the discharge to blow off the debris , if the deck passes over the clippings it seemes the deck blows out 80% of the clippings but leaves some where it appears the spinndle nut goes into the blade ( 3 grass streaks )

the bradleys will blow off EVERYTHING here is a few pics

XLS
08-13-2011, 11:54 PM
at 117 hours to date and some seriously hard cutting its time for blades to be sharpened and i might want to lube everything while i am at it ( remember i am trying to kill it lol)

Why i thought of the cleanup with the deck is due to a drop in blower times that i looked into and the crews are now using the mowers to cleanup as they put it " now that they can clean it all up and not have to use a blower"

lifetree
08-15-2011, 12:55 AM
... the bradleys will blow off EVERYTHING ...

What type of blades are you using in the Bradleys ?? I use the notched ultra high lift blade in every piece of equipment that I have ... it creates the best airflow under the deck, so you probably would want to consider these if you're not currently using them.

XLS
08-15-2011, 01:10 AM
they are using a standard lift blades and as you can see they remove all the grass under the deck just fine. but i may request a higher them factory blade set for our gravelys and see if it helps them. how can i do video`s on here i would love to do video of some of the action.
Posted via Mobile Device

gibbonsballer10
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
they are using a standard lift blades and as you can see they remove all the grass under the deck just fine. but i may request a higher them factory blade set for our gravelys and see if it helps them. how can i do video`s on here i would love to do video of some of the action.
Posted via Mobile Device

Post the videos on youtube and paste the link on here, i would love to see the mowers in action.

XLS
08-16-2011, 04:32 PM
lol now how do i post a vid on youtube lol i have no idea i have never did it before either way . Anyone walk me through it?

ArenaLandscaping
08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
You need a you tube account. Then you can upload a video. You tube will walk you through it.

XLS
08-21-2011, 12:29 AM
It has been a week of hard work and at 175 logged mowing hours i am calling the test completed . I will still update the thread with pictures and if anything major happends just going to stop abbusing it on purpose and use it normal

We have had a few situations that i cant seem to understand why they are happening
1) the thumb locks on some of the units seem to want to self lock when a person slows down to turn . they some how are viberating to the locked STOPED possition.
I have not had it happen on mine personally but it has happened to 5 of the guys but they just adapeted and adjusted for it . I look at mine and i cant see why it would hang up where they say it does .
2 ) I have had a 5 of the lights get broke . Not the light or housing itself but get this the rubber bushing that it is mounted to that mounts to the mower itself.
This is a design of my own and i know the part that is failing apparently is a Husqvarna blower housing iso-mount bushing . NOW why it can hold up from years of viberation from a blower but not last a month on headlights does not make sense to me .
The rubber is tearing away from the metal mounting nut that is basic a washer welded to a nut and them bonded to the rubber. all that stays on the mower is the metal piece of it .
again this is a Husqvarna part . Mine broke this week after a large polk stalk hung the light and it came lose but when i hit the plant it wasnt a heavy impact at all.

I am going to look at a iso-mount on our 180 bt husqvarna blowers and see if they are bigger.

XLS
08-21-2011, 12:38 AM
WINTER PROJECT

this winter , possibly sooner if work allows it .
we will be taking my test model and designing a different plateform for my personal units that will function just like the grandstands.
the units have about 16"of waisted trailer space simply becasue teh curent sulkey's do not rotate straight up when locked in transport.
the factory sulkey is compact enough anyone can walk directly behind it and not kick it but when on the trailer and the sulkey lifted the unit behind can only get to approximatly 10" of the main body of the one in the front.
the factory bradleyscan be raised enough to pull teh deck of the rear one up untill the sulkeys wheels touch the belt cover on the deck .

We will be desigining on to fold flat to the pad on them . We will start the inital templet designing first of september but i am sure leaves will prevent a finished plateform before christmas.