PDA

View Full Version : removing electric clutch from scag zero turn

landscapersavvygf
07-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Hello! So we need some help here.
Clutch is bad, and new one is in hand. It is for a Scag Turf Tiger 52"
How is the best way to go about removing the clutch itself? When going to turn on the bolt, the whole assembly spins. Where is the best place/way to stop the spinning? and remove the clutch? I can't seem to find any good directions online, although I've read up on a few posts here and there, they don't seem to have very complete instructions.

thanks for the help!!

I want to say I'm sorry ahead of time - I'm the girlfriend of a landscaper who is just starting to do his own repairs and I'm the one often researching how to go about these repairs! I'm a fairly smart individual who understands how things work.. just work with me a bit guys! :o) I'll try my best!

ecurbthims
07-25-2011, 11:15 PM
try an impact .

landscapersavvygf
07-25-2011, 11:17 PM
don't have quick access to one, is there any other way??

anixon92
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
try the rope trick.
take spark plug out and thread rope down in spark plug hole and then try removing bolt. once you get bolt off, check to see if there is a snap ring on bottom of crankshaft , that has to be removed so clutch will slide off.

PEVO
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
My clutch on my Super-Z has a oversized washer right under the bolt. I used a small pipe wrench to grip it till the bolt busted loose. This washer is like 3/16 of an inch thick & slightly larger than the base of the clutch (on mine anyway) So getting to it to grip it was easy.

ecurbthims
07-26-2011, 06:23 PM
you might be able to hold the ring gear with a prybar ,or put a long wrench on the bolt ,then give the far end of the wrench a good sharp whack with a hammer ,or depending on rotation you might be able to break it free by spinning the starter while holding the bolt [remove plug wire first ]

topsites
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Here's a video that might come in handy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7FWXiFS_Y

GlennsMowerRepair
10-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello! So we need some help here.
Clutch is bad, and new one is in hand. It is for a Scag Turf Tiger 52"
How is the best way to go about removing the clutch itself? When going to turn on the bolt, the whole assembly spins. Where is the best place/way to stop the spinning? and remove the clutch? I can't seem to find any good directions online, although I've read up on a few posts here and there, they don't seem to have very complete instructions.

thanks for the help!!

I want to say I'm sorry ahead of time - I'm the girlfriend of a landscaper who is just starting to do his own repairs and I'm the one often researching how to go about these repairs! I'm a fairly smart individual who understands how things work.. just work with me a bit guys! :o) I'll try my best!

Just use an impact. The primary shaft bolt should come right off.