PDA

View Full Version : Trench Drain Pricing

sagefacility
07-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I need some input on charging for a trench drain installation for a paver patio around a pool. We are installing a main line which consist of 240 feet of 4" pipe that will be feed by sections of 4" NDS quick drain that is 200 linear feet. The NDS feeds every ten feet into the main 4" Line and the NDS is Formed and concrete is poured 4" around the NDS. Thanks for your input

DVS Hardscaper
07-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think anyone is going to price it out for you, no rudeness intended.

Is this a new job from scratch or is this coming into an existing job and improvising?

If it's an existing job as it sounds to be, we would charge hourly and materials.

A new job, then you'll have to estimate how long it'll take you and estimate materials.

We have a couple pools out there with 4" drains. But there are also 2" and 3" systems that John Deere Landscapes sells.

Other than offer what I responded with, that about the best Info you'll get without good pics or a good drawing and more information.

Posted via Mobile Device

sagefacility
07-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I am currently working on the project and this is the first of this magnitude for me so I was just looking for reinforcement on my thinking and charging. All of this work is hand shovel work, So as you can imagine it is a not a cheap project for the homeowner. I just was looking to be fair to myself and my customer by checking with other guys how may have some experience with like projects. No offense taking and I was not looking for someone to price it for me I already have that I was just checking to see if other than Time and Materials if their was a resource or knowledge base for a rookie on this project

DVS Hardscaper
07-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Also need to factor in the time
For cutting the pavers to fit around the drain boxes,
This darn near takes as long as it does to install the drains. it's all about time. Time
Is money.

Posted via Mobile Device