PDA

View Full Version : 48" or 52" deck on TTHP

Hawkeye5
10-25-2002, 12:35 PM
I'm going to add an Exmark Turf Tracer HP for next season. I'm looking for some input from members on their experiences and preferences for either the trivantage 48" or 52" deck before I buy. Will be used on residential properties 15,000 square feet and up. I'm not concerned with gates, not interested in a flex-deck, don't need a full Turf Tracer, and not really interested in other machines as there is a good Exmark dealer right in my town and that is one of the main reasons I've decided on an Exmark. JD

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 03:04 PM
52" dude, I have the same deck on my non HP TT"s as you will have on your HP.

That is the biggest you can get in an HP.

Very good cutting and discharging deck.

Why no interest in the more horse power big bro.

There is more to it than just the engine.

Heavier duty frame.
Sealed Bearing instead of bushings
Electric start
23 hp
Electric blade clutch
Wider tires
Wider stance
Deeper deck
Hour meter

All total more than the $900 extra to upgrade.

Scotlawncare
10-25-2002, 04:33 PM
both offer a good amount of deck edge to trim around trees and other things. I would get the 52" due to the wider deck. both being a floating deck will not scalp as easy on rough yards. 52" will have a smaller chance of scalping even if it's a floater than a 48 but i'd still get the 52.

I run a 48 Metro and wish i had a 52 TTHP for the wider and floating deck. I ran a 52" bunton fixed deck and hated it on rough yards. it scalped alot if you were not watching.

Always go with the widest deck you can afford if gates are not an issue.

Scot

fastlane
10-25-2002, 05:44 PM
Go with the 52''. This spring I added a TTHP48 17hp. to the growing list of equipment. I was worried about going from a 36''to too big! I love the 48'' should have gone 52'' or moved up to big brother 60''.