PDA

View Full Version : Web Page

AztlanLC
10-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Around how much does it cost to set up a web page? (Design)
Any recomendations? Who? where?

LawnLad
10-25-2002, 06:01 PM
It depends on how complicated you want to make it, how many pages, etc.

I got a quote from one guy who is figuring his time at $20.00 per hour... his design skills are okay, but not anything to write home about. I would have to provide him with the copy (my proof reading and writing talent... don't trust myself with that). He told me about $500.00. I decided not to work with him due to problems on another print job.

I just got a quote for about $1,000 from another gal who freelances. She is leaving an advertising company where she has worked on interactive media for the past 8 years.

Her quote broke down into:

Site acrchitecture and design: $100.00
CReateive production (concept, art direction, copywriting, proofreading) $350.00
Multimedia production: $200.00
Programming and testing: $350.00

She values her time at $50.00 per hour. She then wants another $500.00 to register me with a slew of search engines, etc. She will be testing to make sure my site can be read with different browers that are older/newer and from mac and pc platforms. She'll then perform service on the site as I request or at scheduled intervals.

Bottom line - I'll pay three times as much for a website from her, for a simple 6 or 7 page site. But I know it will be done right and I won't have problems.

I know I could spend more and I know I could spend less. I'm sure too that my "buddy" from down the street who knows a guys who's sister does it part time could put something together for me too.

I think it comes down to you get what you pay for... at least that what I'm hoping. I'll let you know how it goes when it's done.

AztlanLC
10-27-2002, 10:07 AM
Thanks lawnlans I'll look forward to hear from you

GraZZmaZter
12-17-2002, 04:43 PM
I to am looking at putting together a website. Lawnlad, you definately gave me different ideas to think about. Thanks for the info.