PDA

View Full Version : New zspray

grassman177
07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I forgot we got another zspray the other day, it is a 2011 intermediate with both tanks on the rear(all separatable).

the new gps speedometer is sweet, hardwired and even has mode for temps.

springs under the foot platform(also redesigned and more comfy with more foot room it feels) for a way better ride. we are switching all of ours over to springs now. the side deflector is cool too.

i tried to take pics so you guys could see some of the upgrades including many frame parts especially the front castor frame.

very nice machine man, very nice

way to go zspray and Ltrich:drinkup:

grassman177
07-26-2011, 10:26 PM
there are many many things that are different, with others in the background, and your own to compare....see if you can find all the differences..

ok, just felt like a wheres waldo kinda moment!

ted putnam
07-26-2011, 11:17 PM
I knew you'd like that speedometer. It's been nice to have and I've become spoiled. I'd like to retrofit my 2009 with it. If I had some decent instructions, I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult. I just ordered a new muffler for it today. The present one is beginning to leak at the seam.

Congrats on the new member of the team!

jasontimm
07-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Congrats man, very nice machine, and nice upgrades.

All it needs now is a steering wheel.:laugh:

jackedf150
07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Ted, the computer and new deflecter should work with the old machines. I took me about 2 hours to put it all on mine intermediate. As for changes, computer, deflecter, moved the lid for the tank, and put the pump back on top of the tank. And since im not a heavy guy i took the middle spring out of the footboard so it was softer for me.

grassman177
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
yeah, that one is my machine most of the time so the others have the choice of how many, we have up tp five per so plenty to work with.

i did not think anyone would notice the tank lids, actually less in the way there.

also, the plumbing is completely different with shut off vavles under every tank to simplify things, and also the way the front castors are mounted to the frame.

the foot switch is also a dif brand or model, for whatever reason it is, it is a more responsive switch and easier to use.

americanlawn
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Cool stuff. Looks like LT Rich ain't sittin' down, always improving. One idea I have is why not use a retractable hose reel? (one tug, and it rewinds itself).

BTW.....DITTO on the steering wheel :laugh:

jackedf150
07-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Grassman, I kinda cheated. I talked to Shane last week when I was at LT RICH getting my computer and deflecter for mine. I saw them and looked it over. Although a retractable hose reel would be pretty cool.

americanlawn
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I've searched the web for a small retractable hose reel for our T3000's, but they are all to big in diameter to suite my needs. Most are as large as 15 - 18" in diameter, but they should fit nicely on a Z. These retractable reels are designed for electric cords, air hoses, and/or liquid. If I was a Z-owner, I'd buy one, use a 3/8 inch braided hose and see how it works. Many retractable reels are about $70. my 2 cents :waving:

grassman177
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
i might do so on my max if the dad will let me, kinda goofed the stock hose reel up on a low branch on a tree, thought i cleared it. still works, but has to be bungeed to keep from unraveling while riding around :(

CHARLES CUE
07-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I've searched the web for a small retractable hose reel for our T3000's, but they are all to big in diameter to suite my needs. Most are as large as 15 - 18" in diameter, but they should fit nicely on a Z. These retractable reels are designed for electric cords, air hoses, and/or liquid. If I was a Z-owner, I'd buy one, use a 3/8 inch braided hose and see how it works. Many retractable reels are about $70. my 2 cents :waving:

Look at coxsreels. I got one om my T for the auxiliary tank and its a spring loaded to. I think it's 8 or 10 ich diameter

Nice machine there Grassman.

Charles Cue

grassman177
07-27-2011, 10:18 PM
We have some of larger dia for our shop air hoses.
Posted via Mobile Device

IN TURF
07-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Nice grab. I am a fan

robertsturf
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Sweeeet Ralph! How long will it be before you flatten out those springs? Lol.... Great machine just like mine except the speedo!

grassman177
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
i hope i wont, that is a bad sign if i do!!

they are pretty strong springs, i think they will last a while.

we just got the speedo kit for puting on my max, lets just say it is a bit involved to install. should get it on over the weekend though.

still have not been able to actually use the cable operated side deflector though, you have it on yours right trent? does it do a great job at its purpose or what? a good clean line of fert out the front.

i was a fan of the old ones, they worked so much better than others on dif spreaders i have used. the new one is very close to the spinner compared to the old one too, would think it has to work great huh

Mark Oomkes
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
So, how does it do applying Imprelis? lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Getting tempted to buy an Intermediate for a backup. Or a new Max.

Looks good.

jackedf150
07-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Grassman, installing the speedo is very easy. U will need an extra person to help u take the wheel motor off though.
Posted via Mobile Device

americanlawn
07-28-2011, 06:23 PM
CHARLES CUE, thanks. I'm gunna check out coxreels.

grassman ........ Your're sposed to do production BEFORE Happy Hour. This way you won't be bunging up your equipment. :laugh:

I realize it helps during hot weather, but I had no idea so many are wearing speedos. :dizzy::dizzy:

grassman177
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
CHARLES CUE, thanks. I'm gunna check out coxreels.

grassman ........ Your're sposed to do production BEFORE Happy Hour. This way you won't be bunging up your equipment. :laugh:

I realize it helps during hot weather, but I had no idea so many are wearing speedos. :dizzy::dizzy:

now that is pretty funny right there.

americanlawn
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Is this the one you're using? Thanks, Larry

http://www.coxreels.com/quality_reels/lg_series.html

Look at coxsreels. I got one om my T for the auxiliary tank and its a spring loaded to. I think it's 8 or 10 ich diameter

Nice machine there Grassman.

Charles Cue

jackedf150
07-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Speedos are what helps the female customer base growing! The state chemist frowns upon this advertising though.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
07-28-2011, 09:05 PM

that looks nice, how much!!!

also, i would like to know how much of each size hose would fit on this particular reel?

CHARLES CUE
07-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Thats the 1

I have only 25 ft of 1/4 hose on mine i would like to get 50 ft but have not done it so far.The hose that is on there is kind of heavy like air hose.

Charles Cue

grassman177
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
the question then becomes for charles, do you think 50ft would fit?

I think on a zpsray you get 25 ft 3/8 hose or 50ft 1/4 hose option. the reel i need to eventually replace has the larger hose on it.

grassman177
07-29-2011, 12:09 AM
i should however see if i can rig an easy way to keep the reel i have which works from unwrapping as i drive around a lawn. messed up the ability to use the "stop" that it comes with. any ideas on that one besides the bungee i currently use? ahhaha. i do, but i am interested in the price for that reel charles.

jackedf150
07-29-2011, 06:46 AM
U get 50' of 3/8 or 100' of 1/4. Those are the only option lt rich has.
[size=1]Posted via Mobile Device[/size

CHARLES CUE
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
the question then becomes for charles, do you think 50ft would fit?

I think on a zpsray you get 25 ft 3/8 hose or 50ft 1/4 hose option. the reel i need to eventually replace has the larger hose on it.

Yes 50 ft will fit

When i bought it about 2 years ago you could get the reel with 25 of 50 ft of hose. So i made the wrong choice.

Nice reel

But you do have to know is that it's not like a air hose reel or a light reel where you can stop any place.

Look at it again there are only 2 places to stop that have black teeth. 180 deg apart

Not a big problem but if you don't stop in one of these places it will wind back up.

Charles Cue

CHARLES CUE
07-29-2011, 03:41 PM
i should however see if i can rig an easy way to keep the reel i have which works from unwrapping as i drive around a lawn. messed up the ability to use the "stop" that it comes with. any ideas on that one besides the bungee i currently use? ahhaha. i do, but i am interested in the price for that reel charles.

The price

Not shure it was over a 100.00

It was not cheap but was the only one i could find that would fit in the space i had.

Call Cox they wont sell to you but they will give you a phone # of the suppler that can sell it to you.

Charles Cue

grassman177
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM
thanks, will do.

THe function of the two locking parts actually sounds easier.

how many years or hours do you have on this reel? well used or lightly used is what i am curious about. how has it held up for you in respect to the investment?

thanks man, always good taking to you.

CHARLES CUE
07-29-2011, 07:01 PM
thanks, will do.

THe function of the two locking parts actually sounds easier.

how many years or hours do you have on this reel? well used or lightly used is what i am curious about. how has it held up for you in respect to the investment?

thanks man, always good taking to you.

This will be my 3rd having it i used it on my JD sprayer the first year but only on big yards.

Last year i didn't use it at all only used the JD on golf fairways.

So i put it on my T and use it to spray fence lines and flower beds and some drive ways i would guess i have used it about 50 hours this year and it works very nice and no problems.

Yes i think it was worth the money.

Charles Cue

americanlawn
07-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks CC. I tried to order this hose reel from http://www.coxreels.com yesterday. They told me they do not sell direct, but they gave me a couple names of companies that would. Then I tried calling both, but no answer. Seems they work "bankers' hours". Been down that road before.

Guess I'll have to call via cell phone "during my daily route". Once I get one of these, I'll install it & see how it works. I'm sure we'll have to "tweak" it to make it work right. (hose barbs, type of hose, etc)

I think it's pretty cool how lawn jockeys keep coming up with new ideas before the manufacturers do.

BTW, has anybody ever seen a PG Triumph other than at trade shows? Just curious.

Thats the 1

I have only 25 ft of 1/4 hose on mine i would like to get 50 ft but have not done it so far.The hose that is on there is kind of heavy like air hose.

Charles Cue

WestGaPineStraw
07-29-2011, 08:28 PM
BTW, has anybody ever seen a PG Triumph other than at trade shows? Just curious.

Come on down to Ga and ill let you ride mine
Posted via Mobile Device