PDA

View Full Version : How much would you charge?

v_mac_09
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Hi everybody, this is my first post on this site. I have been in the landscape industry close to five years now only two with my business and to be honest pricing is still confusing but you can only learn with experience. So please tell me what you would charge for this job, the customer wants beds cleaned, shrubs trimmed and fresh mulch. All input will be appreicated.

JDiepstra
07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
$50 an hour to clean the bed and trim the bushes. The cost of the mulch plus an extra $35 per yard to install it.
Posted via Mobile Device

v_mac_09
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks, my prices are very close to yours actually.

JDiepstra
07-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Cool man. Im sure some guys would be more and some would be less. I imagine the place will look great when you are done.
Posted via Mobile Device

McG_Landscaping
07-27-2011, 03:02 PM
It is hard to tell from the pictures how long it would actually take. But me personally I am at $70/yard of mulch delivered and installed plus $0.50-$1.00 per foot of edging that needs to be done. And trimming I would be around $45 an hour and there looks to be 4-5 hours of trimming and I am at about the same price for weeding (because I hate it) and there looks to be several hours of that. I don't know your profit margins or what your area averages are but just by guessing I would have to say I would be in the $750 dollar range (with 5 yards of mulch and 8 hours of cleanup). I could make a comfortable $600-700 dollars before taxes and gas on this job and probably be done in a day and a half. Thats being solo. Like I said I am unsure of your area or how fast you work but guessing thats around what I would charge.

v_mac_09
07-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I gave the customer an estimate of $775 yesterday, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it to.

McG_Landscaping
07-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I gave the customer an estimate of $775 yesterday, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it to.

Nice! Hopefully you make a nice profit. Good Luck!

ny scaper
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I may have been a little higher seeing that you're pretty much doing it all from scratch - Doesnt look like it has ever been edged, bushes way overgrown, weeds everywhere, have to mulch with a rock ledge etc... But I think your pretty much there. Definitely a learning experience...bidding that is. Curious for the after pics and how long it actually took.
Maybe they will let you fix that wall up too!

v_mac_09
07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the input. I would say there's about a 90% chance the job's mine, so i will try and take some after shots.

Pressedun
07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
My rate is $45 an hour for everything I do and I keep the mulch discount that I get instead of passing it to the customer. I also tack on a delivery fee if I end up getting the mulch with my truck and that all depends on the mileage and time but it's comparable to the delivery fees that supply yards charge. Hard to tell how many hours of work that is but good luck to ya, sounds about right!

I usually give people a range like $700-$900, it safety nets you just in case you run out of mulch and need to get another yard or if something takes a bit longer than you thought it would.