PDA

View Full Version : Kubota BX25

Bowbender
07-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I am thinking about buying a Kubota BX25 with a front loader and backhoe to use for some smaller landscape jobs and also using it to dig some footers for retaining walls. Even though it was designed for residential use I was wondering if anyone has used a BX25 commercially, and what is your opinion of the machine? Thanks.

White Gardens
07-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Skip the utility tractor.

Get a mini skid and a mini backhoe attachment instead. You'll be much happier.

SDLandscapes VT
07-29-2011, 12:06 AM
WG how is the backhoe for the mini-skid? A lot o money is what I got from my dealer and 2nd hand is a no go here. Is it really worth it over renting a small mini-ex??

Bowbender
07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
The more I think about it, I would probably be better off with a mini skid and attachments. Looking at a Dingo 525 wide track right now. Dealer has a demo unit that I am going to test drive.

White Gardens
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
WG how is the backhoe for the mini-skid? A lot o money is what I got from my dealer and 2nd hand is a no go here. Is it really worth it over renting a small mini-ex??

Yes, very much so on it being worth it. Now I will say that it can't do everything that a mini-ex can do but for general landscaping work and light excavating it works out great for me and what I do.

The more I think about it, I would probably be better off with a mini skid and attachments. Looking at a Dingo 525 wide track right now. Dealer has a demo unit that I am going to test drive.

You should look into a Vermeer S600TX or a Ditch Witch. Boxer would be my third choice. The dedicated ride-on platform is a way better design instead of walking behind a machine. That and the dump height is beats the dingo any day.