PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Reasons...

YardGal
07-28-2011, 11:33 AM
For all those people out there that really think they can do it all by themselves.....

Tell your top 10 reasons that the average homeowner should hire a PROFESSIONAL LANDSCAPER!

Let's see how many we can get!

Have a great day :)

JDiepstra
07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Insurance, experience, warranty, piece of mind, safety, cheaper to pay to have ut done right the first time, license and permit issues, time they could spend doing other things, finished product quality, wife doesnt want to kill husband when he screws it all up and she says told u so!
Posted via Mobile Device

Kate Butler
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Insurance, experience, warranty, piece of mind, safety, cheaper to pay to have ut done right the first time, license and permit issues, time they could spend doing other things, finished product quality, wife doesnt want to kill husband when he screws it all up and she says told u so!
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't forget husband wanting to kill wife for calling him out on his flawed results.

YardGal
08-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't forget husband wanting to kill wife for calling him out on his flawed results.

Excellent Kate!

White Gardens
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Really hard to pinpoint 10 exact reasons why. I could say it's labor intensive, or you need to know the right materials, and all the details to do it correctly, but it would fall on deaf ears. Usually it doesn't sink in with people once they start a project and then call me for help.

Ultimately I tell them that a well installed landscape can last up to 25-30 years with the correct care every season. If any little detail is calculated wrong, or just missed, then you can subtract 3 years off of each detail missing.

Top ten details.

Grading
Edging
If using fabric, use pins to hold it down.
Correct plant placement
If installing brick edging
. Using and mixing the correct mortar
. Using the better quality of bricks.
. If installing a rock bed, lay fabric underneath your edging.

Using the correct mulch for longevity
If installing plastic edging, use one pin per foot.
And always, there is no such thing as a landscape with no maintenance.