PDA

View Full Version : what should i price it

Mowwithhustler's
10-25-2002, 06:23 PM
Yeah could someone please tell me what they would charge to cut a 5 acre pasture, no weed eating, no trees, just fewl of cows, and has one barn on it. It doesnt need to be bushogged just mowed i have a 60 ich hutler z what would u charge?

Little Guy
10-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Since it is not a lawn shoot for $70.00 per hr. I guess between $500.00 and $600.00 depending on how long it takes. $600.00 for 8hrs.

Hard telling not knowing!! Little Guy:blob2:

Mow&Snow
10-25-2002, 06:45 PM
3 or 350 should do it. I can cut 2 acres an hour with my 52" Z, so 2 and a half hours should do it. If it's smooth enough, you should be able to run full tilt if it's not that long.

wattsup
10-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Where are you? In my area five acres is bushhogged for @$200. I can not see why anyone would pay to have it cut for double that or more. I would charge $350 to knock it down. To cut it and make it look good would be considerably more. If it is a pasture with cows that means manure is there, and that means more money also.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 07:24 PM
I charge $100 an acre, no arguments. They either take it or leave it. But I get it done FAST and its a darn good job, so they are always willing to pay. :cool:

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 07:24 PM
What happened to your Hustler Shortcut's?

Your "dad"s 48" and 54"?

I would not touch this with a 10' pole!!!!!!!!!!!

Fewl of cow patties......YUCK!!

f350
10-25-2002, 07:42 PM
i thought you wrapped your mower around a tree?

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 08:18 PM
i thought you wrapped your mower around a tree?

Sorry I read this thread first, or I would have written it.

Green Pastures
10-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Yeah, what happened to warping the crap out of your deck looking at the topless chick.

And what in God's name was a chick doing sunbathing topless in Oak Island, N.C. where according to the Weather channel was raining and only a high of 74 degrees today?

I dont think you need to worry about pricing a 5 acre cow pie encrusted pasture.

If you do need to bid it, Toro's catalog says you should be able to mow 5 acres with a 60" deck in 1 hour and ten minutes. That's figuring at 9 MPH ground speed.

Scott

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Green Pastures
Yeah, what happened to warping the crap out of your deck looking at the topless chick.

And what in God's name was a chick doing sunbathing topless in Oak Island, N.C. where according to the Weather channel was raining and only a high of 74 degrees today?

I dont think you need to worry about pricing a 5 acre cow pie encrusted pasture.

If you do need to bid it, Toro's catalog says you should be able to mow 5 acres with a 60" deck in 1 hour and ten minutes. That's figuring at 9 MPH ground speed.

Scott

ROTFLMAO.......I figured it wasn't to "HOT" there.

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 08:27 PM
Hey Green Pastures, dont put it past them! Chicks will sunbath anytime there is a spot of sunshine! I know, I was up in Colorado for a Christmas ski trip, and there was this nude chick sunbathing in her reclining lawn chair over the snow!
Here in Houston, there is so much sun that I have actually gotten sorta used to all the sunbathers. (sorta :blush: you never can completely get over that sight) There have been mutiple times I have had to shut the mower off and wait a few minutes as a chick packed up and went inside. :cool:
He he, Lawngodfather, you warped your deck staring at a girl? Ha ha! But hey, if you have to warp your deck, you might as well have a good excuse like that right? :cool:

LAWNGODFATHER
10-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Swampbeast
He he, Lawngodfather, you warped your deck staring at a girl? Ha ha! But hey, if you have to warp your deck, you might as well have a good excuse like that right? :cool:

NO NO NO not me.........Reread the this thread and the other one by this guy.

Mowwithhustler's

He warped his deck on a tree.

awm
10-25-2002, 09:07 PM
mow a cow pasture. what do the cows do . 5 acres of good pasture would handle mabe two cows ,around here .
and u still better have a hay source in winter.

greenman
10-25-2002, 09:16 PM
5 acres of mowing, not getting off to trim or blow. $300

Swampbeast
10-25-2002, 09:16 PM
Oh, oops! My mistake, which thread?

:cool:

Envy Lawn Service
10-26-2002, 12:51 AM
I get people asking me to cut pastures quite often around here too. I pass them up though because i can't cut them real high like they need to be.

The reasoning behind this is at times barnyard animals can get picky was to what they graze on in a field ane where they graze. This can leave an otherwise attractive field looking bad shaggy. They want it evened up so it looks better.

Also too, animals will start running up some high house call bills from the farm vets too. They fool around and screw there eyes up grazing on the good tastin' short stuff that's mingled in with the tall they've left behind.

Another reason is because lots of folks rotate grazing of cattle from one pasture to another which is a common practice here as well. After turning cattle into a new pasture they've been off a while, people want the weeds knocked down or just a bit of the excessive height removed.

As for pricing I dunno. Maybe devise a way to charge based on the amount of cow pies there are to deal with. :D :D :D :waving:

Seriously, if you want the job remeber to price it fair. They are probably used to paying a bush hog fee.