PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lighting

RLI Electric
07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone familiar with this company. PM a response to me if you think it is something everyone should not see. Thanks

Classic Lighting
07-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Never heard of them. However, according to their site, one of my trusted distributors carries that line. I'll chime in again on Monday with more info.

Terradek
08-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey Bob,
I've dealt with them for 10+ years...Eli has a nice selection of product, very well priced for the quality, but mostly knock offs of other Manf. designs. This is the go to line for projects that are on a budget. Let me know if you are looking for something specific.

Classic Lighting
09-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I talked to a distributor regarding Corona. After reading between the lines- it's junk. Typical Chinese quality.

steveparrott
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I talked to a distributor regarding Corona. After reading between the lines- it's junk. Typical Chinese quality.

:nono: Let's keep to the high road. Maybe you mean, "They don't seem to meet my quality standards."

David Gretzmier
09-03-2011, 10:45 AM
After looking at thier website I can say that they seem to be a reseller for many fixtures I have seen at shows. and yes, they probably are made in china like most fixtures. I would say that for me I prefer a company that designs it's own fixture or takes a fixture that is out there and makes it the best it can be. You could take many of thier fixtures, and with better lens sealing and draining, knuckle sealing, better or more pregreased o-rings, space for LED retrofit, better stakes, cleaner and pregreased threads, heavier weight, a top notch pregreased socket, and a 25 foot plus lead wire, you would have a fixture that is more in line with what we install.

It really is not that hard to design a fixture that will last 20 plus years with regular maintenance. it just costs a little more and attention to detail.

SO, I would say that by looking at those fixtures perhaps they do not meet my quality standards.

steveparrott
09-03-2011, 12:47 PM
It really is not that hard to design a fixture that will last 20 plus years with regular maintenance. it just costs a little more and attention to detail.

David, good points, but I disagree that it's "not that hard" to design a high quality fixture - it's not like a mfg can pull quality components off a shelf and put them together to make a quality fixture. Every component needs to be sourced (or made internally); fixture bodies, shrouds, and stakes need to be designed and engineered; fixtures need to undergo testing in the lab and field; UL submissions need to made; photometric tests done; packaging; documentation - it's a lot to accomplish, quite different than putting it all in the Chinese' hands.