PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Throwing/Braking PTO Mule Belt

peapod1125
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Hello all,

I could really use some help on this one. I have a 2005 Exmark Lazer 60 in that keeps throwing the PTO Mule belt under the pully its on that is on the deck. I am able to get it out but it damages the belt and they eventually break. I have went through 4 belts this year and I have had enough. I check the pully tensioner on the back right pully, the pully on the deck has no play in it. I am lost. I am just trying to prevent taking it in is all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!:usflag:

piston slapper
07-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Check the bushings in the spring idler arm.

I'm guessing its a Lazer Z and not a ZHP....different setup
Make sure the belt is going in the correct pulley on the deck.
You can adjust the belt tension by loosening the stationary pulley and moving it downward
Once a belt comes off, They usually get a weak spot and continue to jump.

Floridalandcare
07-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I had the same problem on one of mine a few years ago . The belt would get caught under the pully and would be cut . Come to find out the jack shaft pully was bent and was causing the belt to get thrown under the pulley. Changed the whole Jack Shaft assembley and problem fixed . Pricey but hope this helps

peapod1125
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I will look into these ideas. Thanks for the help. If anyone else has an idea throw it out there. Mow safe and stay cool. Thanks again.

ffemt1271
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
the mule belt goes in the bottom of the two pulleys, i hav gum bvalls get in there and throw the belt, eventually bending the flanges of the pulley and had to replace it.

if you have to replace it, lower the deck on some 2x4's and unbolt the 4 chains and take off the belt. Pick up front of mower and roll the deck out from underneath it to work on it.

newtostone
09-11-2011, 03:36 PM
did you ever figure out what was causing this?

ffemt1271
09-12-2011, 04:49 PM
If you mow around sweetgum trees the sweetgum balls will get stuck in the pulley and throw the belt.
sometimes it will be in there sometimes it wont
Posted via Mobile Device

newtostone
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't that's the issue here. The first couple times I thought it was a stick of something because that does happen from time to time, but even after placing it back on it came right back off in ten minutes.