PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical help needed Toro z4200

mastrman
07-30-2011, 12:51 PM
I just changed the drive belt on my z4200. Now it won't go. Everything looks to be turninig well. The pulleys are not slipping. When I try to move forward or backward, nothing happens. Transmissions are engaged. It has small levers in the rear in case you want to push the mower. But they are where they are supposed to be. Checked fuses, they are OK. I am stumped. I joined this site today to get some help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I changed the belt after the other broke. I knew the old belt had a cut on it but waited till it failed. Running perfectly before that!!!???

ricky86
07-30-2011, 01:04 PM
You will have to see if the parking brake control module is working. It's located under the frame in the area of the seat. Black box with 2 dog leg arms. Under the frame. While someone sits on the seat, key on (not start position), pull motion levers in, see if the brakes a disengaging. If not, call your dealer. Expect p/d charges if you purchased it at a box store.

mastrman
07-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Ricky,

Does that affect the transmissions directly? Is this an electrical piece? Is it under the frame where the belts run from the rear toward the front or is it directly under the seat when you flip the seat forward?
Many thanks!

ricky86
07-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes, it's under the frame where the belts run. It is electro/mechanical. It engages the parking struts.