PDA

View Full Version : Deere 727 Kawasaki 23 Oil Leaks

Grasscape Inc
07-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Another Kawasaki 23 oil leak issue.

I had oil coming out of the top and the big common mess so I changed the breather, and plate ect...

I get it back and over the course of 3 weeks almost all of the oil has drained to the ground! I havn't used it!

This is why I changed the breather..I thought it all leaked out and ran to the ground...But I changed it, brought it home and parked it and 3 weeks later almost all the oil is drained out again? It can't come out of the breather not running.

Where would it come out of? I don't really hear of main seal leaks on the bottom, usually the top correct?

It's running out underneath, it's all over the clutch..I don't know where from...

Just sitting there;);)

Floridalandcare
08-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I woul try checking the bottom seal . I had a 23 kawi that the top seal went bad but the bottom was fine . Replaced all and no more leaks

RickyDL77
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Check that the oil is not comming from the oil drain on both sides, most machines have some type of valve on one side (usually oil filter side) and just leave in the "plastic" plugs for the other side... This usually works ok but plastic can break or crack if something hits it at the right angle