PDA

View Full Version : Fire ants

Heavyduty1
07-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Is Talstar still one of the best ways to control fire ants? I can get 25lbs granular for $26 at a local farm supply store.

Just got my license, so it's time to get the good stuff.:usflag:

Ric
07-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Is Talstar still one of the best ways to control fire ants? I can get 25lbs granular for $26 at a local farm supply store.

Just got my license, so it's time to get the good stuff.:usflag:

Heavy

Yes those granules will work. However they are not very economic. Fires Ants are actually very easy to control or kill. Therefore it isn't a matter of what works, But rather what method works and costs less to control Fire Ants.

Your cost of Talstar PL Granules is $ 26 for 25 lbs which LOW label rates says it cover just under 11K at a cost of $ 2.36 plus tax per thousand sq ft. My Chemical cost to treat the same 11K area is $ 1.62 instead of $ 26.00. Who do you think can competitively bid Fire Ant Control and turn a Profit.

gregory
07-31-2011, 09:21 PM
glad to see you chimmed in ric. i was going to tell him the same thing. that product will work but something else is alot cheaper and works just as good if not better...

Ric
07-31-2011, 11:40 PM
glad to see you chimmed in ric. i was going to tell him the same thing. that product will work but something else is alot cheaper and works just as good if not better...

Karl

If you punched Fires Ants into the search feature here at LS, how many days would it take you to read it all????

gregory
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
lol... several.... done that great stuff on here about them....

Heavyduty1
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Heavy

Yes those granules will work. However they are not very economic. Fires Ants are actually very easy to control or kill. Therefore it isn't a matter of what works, But rather what method works and costs less to control Fire Ants.

Your cost of Talstar PL Granules is $ 26 for 25 lbs which LOW label rates says it cover just under 11K at a cost of $ 2.36 plus tax per thousand sq ft. My Chemical cost to treat the same 11K area is $ 1.62 instead of $ 26.00. Who do you think can competitively bid Fire Ant Control and turn a Profit.

Thanks for the info Ric. I was going to treat just the fire ant mounds for now, I'm new to the pesticide world.:drinkup: