PDA

View Full Version : But it look's better then before !!!

BTM Lawn Maintenance L.L.C
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Just giving what the customer wants...

08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
And the after...

weeze
08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
looks really good to me...what are those plastic things over the vents of the house?

Will P.C.
08-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I think that looks really good. It looks like cost was the main concern for the h/o. What did it end up costing them?

JDiepstra
08-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Those are not vents on the house. They are egress widows from the basement. The plastic cover keeps debris and animals out but wont do much to keep a child from falling the 5 feet or so to the bottom.

ArenaLandscaping
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
What a difference!! Very nice work! I like the bed around the tree with the hostas. There should always be a bed around a tree in the middle of a lawn to protect it from string trimmer damage.

SDelPrete
08-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Those are not vents on the house. They are egress widows from the basement. The plastic cover keeps debris and animals out but wont do much to keep a child from falling the 5 feet or so to the bottom.

5 or so feet? the ones on my house are about 18" tops id think. They are not big windows?

2brothersyardcare
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
What a difference!! Very nice work! I especially like the bed around the tree with the hostas. There should always be a bed around a tree in the middle of a lawn to protect it from string trimmer damage.

take this with a grain of salt you see how he trims jap maples but it dose look better

ArenaLandscaping
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
take this with a grain of salt you see how he trims jap maples but it dose look better

He just planted it dummy. It has not been trimmed yet.

Pro-Lawn&Grounds
08-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't know what Home Owners see in those brick edger things ...nothing looks better around a garden then normal edging

DIXIECONTRACTING
08-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Nice job for a HO's design keep up the good work.

Patriot Services
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't know what Home Owners see in those brick edger things ...nothing looks better around a garden then normal edging

I agree. When I first bought my house I pulled up about thousand feet of them. I stacked them at the curb and posted a curb alert on CL. 3 people showed up in 5 minutes and wanted to argue over them. Nothing screams old people like scalloped brick edging except maybe white limestone yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
they are kind of ugly, but they are effective and cheap.

i like natural edges and steel edging and of course natural stone work

bobcat48
08-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Looks good,nice work.man i still need to get me some of thoose green landscape barrels lol.

08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
5 or so feet? the ones on my house are about 18" tops id think. They are not big windows?

exactly

He just planted it dummy. It has not been trimmed yet.

I don't even bother anymore :laugh:

Nice job for a HO's design keep up the good work.

HO picked the red mulch and some plants but most of it was designed by me..

they are kind of ugly, but they are effective and cheap.

You got it...

[QUOTE=bobcat48;4114974]Looks good,nice work.man i still need to get me some of thoose green landscape barrels lol.

If you were closer, I'd give you one..I have an extra ..

weeze
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
i like that type of edging...very easy to mow and trim around but alot of people don't take care of them and they end up not being lined up properly or falling over and they are too lazy to fix it lol

sorry didn't notice those were windows...alot of older houses around here look the same but they have vents down in those holes lol

pitrack
08-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Looks nice. I hate that edging but you gotta do what the customer wants.

bobcat48
08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
exactly

[QUOTE=grassman177;4114734]they are kind of ugly, but they are effective and cheap.

You got it...

Thanks i wish i could use one lol..anyway how you like the stihl kombi and trimmer you got the hedge trimmer attachment i see and do you still have to use a ladder for trimming bushes with it i know you might need a ladder even with the extended still and what works best for clean up for you?i blow them out rake and but in 32gal cans pretty much thats what i do,thanks:waving:

Matt Hermann
08-01-2011, 09:14 PM
exactly

[QUOTE=grassman177;4114734]they are kind of ugly, but they are effective and cheap.

You got it...

Haha, you wanna get rid of one of your barrels? I go to North Jersey often to visit family....if you're looking to get rid of one, I'd be very intrested!! Haha

eatonpcat
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM

I don't know what size the windows have to be to meet code (Those look awfully small), But he calls them egress windows, so that is why they are deep!! I don't think my fat Arse could get out of there from the looks of it!!

944own
08-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I think it looks good, I have to admit I hate the red mulch, it just screams Taco Bell to me. LOL