PDA

View Full Version : Backpack blower for left handers

Birdman
10-26-2002, 12:35 PM
I am looking for a backpack blower that has the blower tube on the left side. Does anyone make a left handed backpack blower?

gogetter
10-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Hey Birdman. Not sure about an answer to your question, but I will say that I'm left handed and have no problem with my backpack blower which has the tube on the right.
Actually the throttle is on the left which I keep my hand on the whole time anyway while my right hand directs the tube.

It wasn't like I had to get used to it or anything, it didn't seem un-natural (like it would if I tried using a fork with my right hand).

So if it turns out that there are no 'left hand only' blowers available, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think you'll have any problem with a righty. Good luck.

IBGreen
11-17-2002, 10:36 PM
No tubes on the left side!:D But thats a lgit question because my dad asked me the same question, he's a lefty. You'll just have to get used to it.

ProMo
11-18-2002, 07:31 AM
blower works for me i use my left hand for fork but eating steak i need left hand for knife so i just eat with the knife it works for me

GraZZmaZter
12-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Never seen a left handed backpack blower. I am a lefty (somtimes) and it dont bother me to use to backpack blower with the controls on the right.

greenman
12-18-2002, 11:34 PM
You could always wear the blower on your chest and turn the tube around1:D

GraZZmaZter
12-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Greenman - LOL

lipower
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
I am also looking for a a back pack blower for a guy who has lost his right hand in a car wreck. If any one has anything in mind for him Drop me a line

MarcSmith
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
you are pretty much going to be SOL as the blower impeller rotates the same direction as the engine so you have to find a manufacturer who mounts the engine opposite of everyone else, or someone who makes an engine that rotates another direction or add some section onto the existing tubbing that brings th e hose around to the other side (proably your easisest and cheapest remedy)

of course you could use a handheld blower or buy a low HP walk behind blower....

joepetrilli
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I wish there was a left handed blower tube! My right arm is killing me and keeping me awake at night. I cant imagine the damage I'm doing to my right arm!

royallawnkc
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
I am looking for a backpack blower that has the blower tube on the left side. Does anyone make a left handed backpack blower?

I have one i made. Well actually its a double backpack blower so one i had to have the barrel come out the left. My email is royallawnkc@yahoo.com since idk how to post a pic.
Posted via Mobile Device

royallawnkc
07-23-2014, 03:31 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h95jd40linhh8wn/20140722_234909.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

gcbailey
07-23-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm left handed and have no issues, however, I'm still looking for that left handed crescent wrench.