PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a small business

Sabina Lawn Care
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Clinton, Fayette or Greene county ohio area.. Looking to buy out a small mowing business. Looking to purchase this fall to next spring. Nothing to large. 20 to 30 accounts.. + equipment.... CASH.. Let me know what you have and where you're at

Sabina Lawn Care
08-14-2011, 01:36 PM
anybody....... ?

All Season Bill
08-14-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not interested but I simply want to give you a warning:

I bought a mowing company in 2007. When I called each new customer to introduce myself...they canceled because I wasn't the other guy.
Not just one customer....almost all of them!! Like Dominoes...one after the other. I'm glad I was making payments to the other guy because I was able to drop the price to about one tenth the asking price.

I'm now going through the same thing with a guy taking over my mowing. But so he wouldn't go through with what I went through, I'm temporaily subbing him out and even filling in when needed. He's paying me a percent. This will ease them into a new face and eventually he'll buy the route.

I'm just saying.

ex mower
09-23-2011, 12:08 PM
try this guy 440-823-4916 ted

lawnlandscape
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm not interested but I simply want to give you a warning:

I bought a mowing company in 2007. When I called each new customer to introduce myself...they canceled because I wasn't the other guy.
Not just one customer....almost all of them!! Like Dominoes...one after the other. I'm glad I was making payments to the other guy because I was able to drop the price to about one tenth the asking price.

I'm now going through the same thing with a guy taking over my mowing. But so he wouldn't go through with what I went through, I'm temporaily subbing him out and even filling in when needed. He's paying me a percent. This will ease them into a new face and eventually he'll buy the route.

I'm just saying.

Thats a great way to do it. Its nice of you to care about the future of the new guy. I was going to warn him about this exact thing. Most small lawn care companys I know have customers that are loyal to the person running it, and not to the company name.