PDA

View Full Version : What would the pros recommend ?

blk90s13
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I have a 5 gallon backpack sprayer to use on weeds in mulch beds around bushes and ornamental ( shrubs and flowers etc )

also to use on a gravel driveway some are crap grass some are dandelions

turf hokie
08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Ummm, what's your question?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
08-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Ummm, what's your question?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hokie

I believe he is asking which Herbicide he should use.

blk90s13

Roundup is the old stand by and now it is sold under many different generic names. Rather than write a bible the simple answer is Generic Roundup(Glyphosate)

blk90s13
08-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea I wanted to know what should I use, its my first spary job so far.

Guess roundup it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

JDiepstra
08-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Wow i cant believe noone busted his balls about applying a pesticide/herbicide without a license.
Try not to get any one the bushes or lawn. It will kill those too.

wrxscby
08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Be very careful with the drift!! Make sure it is a very calm day and dont spray weeds that are up against any landscape plants or lawn. How big are the beds? I know it takes more time but I would hand pull the weeds and put down a bed weed control like snapshot or freehand. Although you may not be able to do this without a license!!

blk90s13
08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Relax people I have my 3A and 3B license in my pocket LOL and I have the right insurance too I just didn't get involved with spraying anything up till now that's all.

The beds are small ! they are between 5 and 15 feet diameter round mulch beds around the shrubs there is maybe 25 of them and an area on the outside of the fence ( wooded ) also in the concrete driveway and walkway cracks etc

I offered to pull the them but he wants it sprayed like every year ( he had someone else doing it before ) .

No one around here knows what ASSUME does to you ?

vencops
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM
If he wants it sprayed every YEAR, that's going to involve multiple sprayings. I'm not aware of a product that will give annual efficacy. If I was, I'd be scared to death of it!

I have customers that I spray a little on, every week or so (not the same spots, of course). I include this in my weekly service charge, though (weed control in the ornamentals).

Check with tractor supply co. (or similar). They carry products with 41% AI of glyphosate that's reasonable ($40/2.5gal). That's enough product to (for your purposes) make well over 100gal. of mix. That ought to last you a while!

Good luck.

rundugrun
08-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd use Journey. Long lasting residual effect.