PDA

View Full Version : My 3-way/chelated iron has been sitting for over a month. Can I still agitate it?

wiseguyslawn
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Wondering if it would be safe to spray or am I playing with fire. Its only about 50 gallons of product. Never have ran across this. THanks for the help

cgaengineer
08-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Should be fine, has it been sitting in a spray tank?

WestGaPineStraw
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I would not spray it.

I wouldn't be surprised that the iron has not ate your diaphrams up! Iron is very corrosive and your tank and pump should be cleaned after you use it. Your pump will thank you in the long run.

My rule of thumb...never mix more than you will use per day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Think Green
08-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Chelated iron and standard iron solutions will settle out and become congealed. You can agitate the solutions and give her a whirl. If all else fails........start disassembling your screens.........inline filters,etc. and be prepared to clean.

cgaengineer
08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I would not spray it.

I wouldn't be surprised that the iron has not ate your diaphrams up! Iron is very corrosive and your tank and pump should be cleaned after you use it. Your pump will thank you in the long run.

My rule of thumb...never mix more than you will use per day.
Posted via Mobile Device

And I taught Wesley that anything you don't use in a day should be dumped in your nearest trout stream or storm drain that outfalls into a duck and fish pond.
Posted via Mobile Device