PDA

View Full Version : Walker forward motion help

Dbry12
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey all. New member here and was wondering if anyone could help me out. My older walker (09') is having some problems. Don't laugh because I don't know if this is the exact term for it, but the forward motion handle is loose. For example, when mowing, when you pull the controls back the motion handle returns to the stop position as well. I've had to deal with this on other mowers but was not in the position to have to fix it. If anyone knows what to do to fix it, let me know please. Thanks, David.

fixer67
08-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Well David my name is David as well. OK Raise the front body of the machine up. Now look at the shock that holds the front body up. At the base of that shock and to the left you see the FSC (Forward Speed Control)Assembly. You will see and tube looking deal with a lever that engages the control when the front body is down. On the left side if the tube you will see a nylon washer and a metal washer and a 9/16 nut. That nut is what you are after. Tighten it only about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Lower the front down and check the tension on the control lever. Is it tight enough? If not raise the front body and tighten the nut a bit more. Only tighten the nut is 1/4 or 1/2 turns steps. Keep doing this until the tension is at a level you want.

NOTE=In the picture the front body shock has been removed to get a better picture

fixer67
08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Dbry12
Never heard back from you. Did you get the probelm solved?