PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Thinking about Bidding on

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Lots of pics
Looking for a WB or a mower that can handle going up and down The bad spots
1/3 of it I can mow with my Choppers rest of it will be a mow I find that will handle the hill

flatlander42
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm loving the Tracker!

Sorry.....I'm no help for ya!

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
here come some more

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:15 PM
here comes some more

highlander316
08-03-2011, 11:16 PM
what happened to the last contractor.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm loving the Tracker!

Sorry.....I'm no help for ya!Not a Tracker its a Kia Sportage with a 3.5 lift kit
Its my good Hunting Rig + Bid running Rig

McG_Landscaping
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Those don't look too bad. My snapper hydro has been great on hills so far but it needs new back tires and an engine rebuild. I have taken it up hills that make it stall out and with one pull its ready to go again! Anything hydro should handle those.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
what happened to the last contractor.

Nothing They dont mow it when needs to be and when they do they dont mow all of it just parts at a time
For month of July they didn t mow it at all right not is 8'' and taller

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Those don't look too bad. My snapper hydro has been great on hills so far but it needs new back tires and an engine rebuild. I have taken it up hills that make it stall out and with one pull its ready to go again! Anything hydro should handle those.as long it can go up and down safely

McG_Landscaping
08-03-2011, 11:30 PM
as long it can go up and down safely

Yeah as long as the operator knows what theyre doing it can be done safely. I do things on my walk behind that I would never let my helper do simply because I have a lot more experience. Also the $$ for the snapper usually is cheaper than other mowers. Not sure if that matters or not... Also it probably has over 2000 hours on it but I can not be sure because there is no hour meter. I have never done any major maintenaince on it. It has been dependable and I would buy another one.

flatlander42
08-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Not a Tracker its a Kia Sportage with a 3.5 lift kit
Its my good Hunting Rig + Bid running Rig

ooooopsie...:o

That is one cool looking place. I'm sure it would be a pain to mow!

THEGOLDPRO
08-03-2011, 11:33 PM
That looks like a nightmare of a place to mow, How many acres is it any idea?? i would have to get atleast 600-700+ bucks per time from the few pics i see. Probably more as im sure its bigger then the pics show.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
That looks like a nightmare of a place to mow, How many acres is it any idea?? i would have to get atleast 600-700+ bucks per time from the few pics i see. Probably more as im sure its bigger then the pics show.16 acres and 600-700 might be half price I dont get it so be it
If I do get it Im going make money

THEGOLDPRO
08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh dang yea thats a big one for sure. Didnt look like 16 acres in the pics. You need to get a premium to mow them,Its a complete hassle and horrible time to trim a grave yard. I have been mowing one for 8 years and want to kill myself everytime i go there.

Jwengerd
08-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Those hills dont look that bad. We mow 6 or so cemetarys and 2 have banks just as steep but longer. Exmark walk behind does great on them, but we usually use the scag v ride it does good aswell as the toro grandstand, just gotta know how to drive em. :drinkup:

monoshock
08-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I would side hill thoses banks with a 48" Hydro WB.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh dang yea thats a big one for sure. Didnt look like 16 acres in the pics. You need to get a premium to mow them,Its a complete hassle and horrible time to trim a grave yard. I have been mowing one for 8 years and want to kill myself everytime i go there.

I use to do one that was 22 acres was flat with Tomb Stone and 2 man crew could mow it 5 hrs and trim it 5 hrs at end of day we was beat we would do it in one day then got under bidded and guy does it now and takes all week

Photos doesnt do justice
Its going be a nitemare

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Wont be no striping either shortest i get less I mow more money will make Its a year contact
Or we get lots rain and I have to mow it more and loose money

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Those hills dont look that bad. We mow 6 or so cemetarys and 2 have banks just as steep but longer. Exmark walk behind does great on them, but we usually use the scag v ride it does good aswell as the toro grandstand, just gotta know how to drive em. :drinkup:Banks wouldnt be bad these are Ridges that runs 900' long steep side 70'
most are 2-1 or 3-1 slopes
My Dixie choppers will climb it did a test run Drive up back down
If spaces was wider I use it but there about 2/3 of it my 60'' mowers wont drive thru so thought in tight ares the WB be good
Demo a Wright stand on mower and Dealer said probly wouldn t work and it didn t work The dealer dont carry a WB wright
I'll call the Exmark dealer try a WB see if it works

metro36
08-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I would try a 52" exmark turf tracer with a 23 or 24 hp kawi, even check out the new kohler fuel injected model. That way you will have the stability of a wide track walkbehind, plenty of power to climb up and down hills, and still be able to fit into tight spots.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-04-2011, 01:20 AM
I would try a 52" exmark turf tracer with a 23 or 24 hp kawi, even check out the new kohler fuel injected model. That way you will have the stability of a wide track walkbehind, plenty of power to climb up and down hills, and still be able to fit into tight spots.

Kohler is one looking at on there web site EFI I like them

Pro-Lawn&Grounds
08-04-2011, 01:54 AM
GET A TURF TRACER! Don't even think twice about it ... those hills are the hills I mow's children I'm telling you if my Turf Tracer could climb any better I'd use it to get up trees ... we have a Basin to mow on my commercial lot and up down it doesn't matter it doesn't slip it doesn't complain it just goes ... and I am 250lb and I don't even get of the Velkyx2 to do this ... and it'll mow around those stones a lot better than a Z will too ... don't get a single wheel velky though ... but trust me on the turf tracer ... and the ECS handles are way better than the regular pistol grips for hills

scagdude
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
We have a 15 acre cemetery that we get $1500 per cut for. It has some steep banks like that. Granted, we have experienced guys on our v-rides, but the v-rides are what we use for those hills. They do a great job and hold hills very well. We either mow up and down or at one of these angles / or \. the v-rides maneuver very easily around the tombstones as well. I was very nervous about taking this job but decided to do it and now I'm very glad. We don't have any turf tracers but everyone else recommended those so I'd definitely give those a try too.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
We have a 15 acre cemetery that we get $1500 per cut for. It has some steep banks like that. Granted, we have experienced guys on our v-rides, but the v-rides are what we use for those hills. They do a great job and hold hills very well. We either mow up and down or at one of these angles / or \. the v-rides maneuver very easily around the tombstones as well. I was very nervous about taking this job but decided to do it and now I'm very glad. We don't have any turf tracers but everyone else recommended those so I'd definitely give those a try too.

Ok Didn t know Texas had any hills
I have a scag dealer I'll call them for a demo Wright Stand on couldn t do it
I have a Turf Tracer demo tomorrow all deal has is a used S 48'' but atleast I'll try it out
They price me a 52'' 21 EFI Kohler X series for $6500

rvon99
08-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I am located in very southern Illinois, lots of hills. I think my 61" Vride will climb all the hills in your pics, but pics can be deceiving. A turf tiger will also go sideways on about any hill the Vride will climb.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I am located in very southern Illinois, lots of hills. I think my 61" Vride will climb all the hills in your pics, but pics can be deceiving. A turf tiger will also go sideways on about any hill the Vride will climb.

well yes pics are deceving you wont run side ways on these hills Best way up and down easyer on the grass

lawnman24949
08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
If the contract starts next year you should get the walk behind now so that you have a lot of practice and know the mowers limit.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
If the contract starts next year you should get the walk behind now so that you have a lot of practice and know the mowers limit.

O yes that was my thinking
To day I demo a turf tracer and a V ride and the tracer was the winner of the hill climb And running sideways the tracer wouldn t rip the grass the Vride was wanting rip the grass both would climb the hill but the Vride needs tons of weight to keep front end down

Greenlandscaping
08-08-2011, 11:02 PM
here come some more

Exmark vantage or a toro grandstand do well on these slops.

Rock River Lawns LLC
08-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Im not sure if toro or deere or... makes one but a front mount with independent braking would work great. We have a Howard Price(no longer being made) with independent brakes and it works great on the cemetery with similar hill situations. But a ZT would be preferred

Chevy z71
08-09-2011, 10:50 AM
O yes that was my thinking
To day I demo a turf tracer and a V ride and the tracer was the winner of the hill climb And running sideways the tracer wouldn t rip the grass the Vride was wanting rip the grass both would climb the hill but the Vride needs tons of weight to keep front end down

Try a scag hydro vs the truf tracer.

DIXIECONTRACTING
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Yea no I would not bid that looks like more work than money if they only want it mowed part time that tells me they are cheep. If only maintained sometimes the grass would get high and you would risk damage to your equipment running over things. I'm out