PDA

View Full Version : Help: Need suggestion on a sprayer tank

mcambrose
10-27-2002, 09:02 AM
I have a 25 gallon spray system built for a walker. Uses a disphragm pump attached to top of tank. The main problem I have is that I can't get all of the liquid out when I spray because the pickup line is inside the tank rather than picking up from under th bottom of the tank. Not a problem when you keep spraying the same chemical one tank after another, but sometimes I want to spray 5-10 gal of a specialty chemical for har to control weeds like nutsedge. I usually have 1.5-2.5 gallons left. Anyone seen a tank that has a sump formed in it to help get the last amount of liquid out. I was very hesitant to put a hose connection to the tank drain, because a break in the hose would allow all of the mix to fun out with no way to stop it.

greenngrow
10-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Does the tank already have a drain??? Some do and some don't.

If yours does not it is very simple to install.

greenngrow
10-27-2002, 10:58 AM
silly me should have read the rest of the post.

Put a shut off valve on the drain this will help on the releases.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-27-2002, 04:37 PM
$30 to install with above including the hole saw.

Or you can get a v-bottom tank and all will drain out every time. $50.

mcambrose
10-28-2002, 08:01 PM
The v-bottom tank is a good idea. Anyone know where to find one. Another idea I had was to shim the tank up about 2-3 inches on the side opposite the pickup tube to slope the tank toward the pickup point. That may be my easiest fix.

bubble boy
10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
i have a related question, sorry for the hijack on the post. in terms of winter storage, what has to be done? Obviously with a bit of liquid, it will freeze, so i have emptied my tank.

what about the hoses? are they okay once the tank is emptied?

do i just take it off the truck and put it back on in the spring?

thanks for any help.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Bubble boy.

Empty and rinse your tank.

Drain it well, if any excess water is in there no big deal.

Drain your pump, if you have no way to do, run it till it goes dry, this will get enough liquid out of it.

For a hose reel, I made a quick attacthment that fits a quick couple on an air hose to blow it out.

A little water wont hurt as long as it has space to expand when it freezes.

If you want to take extra percausions, use RV anti freeze.

Mine is stored in a place that wont freeze, but it will get cold.

bubble boy
10-30-2002, 10:52 AM
i was thinking anti freeze too.

it may not matter, i should have space in the shop where it is above freezing. but if i run out of space i just wanted to be extra careful. it would then be outdoors.

thanks.