PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem

PL&L
08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
have a customer who has a sprinkler system and theres an area where it doesnt drain real well in the front yard. he's out of town for a few months. we ran over it with our walk behind and it left ruts in the yard cause it was wet. should i come back with a bag of scotts lawn soil and try to fix it before he gets back or just hope it fixes itself?

RussellB
08-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I'd fix it. I have some yards with the same issue. I walk the areas prior to mowing and is it is soft I use my push mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

PL&L
08-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I'd fix it. I have some yards with the same issue. I walk the areas prior to mowing and is it is soft I use my push mower.
Posted via Mobile Device

we walk it now if its a little wet. he's picky about his lawn too so i want to be safe

Pro-Lawn&Grounds
08-04-2011, 08:04 PM
lol this isn't a problem ... fix it ... then when the owner returns ... sell him on installing a drainage system ...

txgrassguy
08-05-2011, 09:32 AM
All depends, did you know the area was saturated before you started?
If Yes, then you own the problem.
If No, then you need to learn how to identify potential problems and bring those to the clients' attention. Good way to up-sell services while distancing you from a complaint.

At one residence I noticed a saturated area from broken irrigation. Told the crew to mow around it. Told the client of the problem and cost to repair - long story short ten years later I am still performing maintenance services for this guy to the tune of $11 grand a year. Why? Because the client liked my attention to detail.

PL&L
08-05-2011, 10:33 AM
All depends, did you know the area was saturated before you started?
If Yes, then you own the problem.
If No, then you need to learn how to identify potential problems and bring those to the clients' attention. Good way to up-sell services while distancing you from a complaint.

At one residence I noticed a saturated area from broken irrigation. Told the crew to mow around it. Told the client of the problem and cost to repair - long story short ten years later I am still performing maintenance services for this guy to the tune of $11 grand a year. Why? Because the client liked my attention to detail.

wow, 11 k?? thats incredible! would a french drain solve this problem?

FLAhaulboy
08-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Repair and charge the client for it. The drainage prob is the fault of your client, not you.