PDA

View Full Version : Sedge control

slong1958
08-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Whats the best product on the market to control Sedge.

addis29
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
....dismiss....

FLAhaulboy
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
GreenT works wonders in controlling sedge.

lawns Etc
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Where are you located??? That is a big deciding factor

vencops
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
I've only used sedgehammer.....and only done so, spot-spraying.

What have you guys seen as far as a time-line for efficacy (time to eradicate), if you've used this product? I've got good yellow-ing of the plants @ 5days. I can post pics if anyone's interested.

Ric
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
GreenT works wonders in controlling sedge.

Haulboy

This isn't the Political forum so I am sure your sorry attempt at humor went over most peoples head. Sedge actually does a very nice job of putting both you and Green T in your place.

greendoctor
08-06-2011, 02:38 AM
I've only used sedgehammer.....and only done so, spot-spraying.

What have you guys seen as far as a time-line for efficacy (time to eradicate), if you've used this product? I've got good yellow-ing of the plants @ 5days. I can post pics if anyone's interested.

Sedgehammer is always a 30 day product for me. 30 days after spraying, the nutsedge is dead. Then you wait 45 days for the second generation to come up and hit that.

ted putnam
08-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Haulboy

This isn't the Political forum so I am sure your sorry attempt at humor went over most peoples head. Sedge actually does a very nice job of putting both you and Green T in your place.

:laugh::laugh: Now that was funny!!! :laugh::laugh:

Ric
08-06-2011, 03:42 PM
:laugh::laugh: Now that was funny!!! :laugh::laugh:

Ted

The Truth is always funnier.

IMHO the political Forum is full of left wingnuts including Moderator Charles who loves to delete posts with conservative Views

ted putnam
08-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Ted

IMHO the political Forum is full of left wingnuts including Moderator Charles who loves to delete posts with conservative Views

I come to LS to learn new info about lawns and ways to better my business(and occasionally get a good laugh). Many of the people that post in that forum rarely post anywhere else. If I were interested in fighting with someone about politics, I'd go pick a fight with my Dad. My wife and I consider ourselves Republicans. My parents are both Democrats. We cancel each other out every election and for the most part leave politics out of conversations at family get-togethers. Life's too short to spend it fighting about religion and politics. JMO

George84
08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I belive Trimec Plus will work while killing crabgrass also. I have used sedgehammer with good results after about two weeks of spraying entire yard but be sure to use a surfactant with it.

greendoctor
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I hope that Trimec Plus is old stock from before 2010 unless you are applying to sod farms and golf courses. I was never impressed with Trimec Plus on nutsedge. It fried the lawn and burned the tops off of the nutsedge, but both recovered at the same time.

FLAhaulboy
08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Ted

Your sad & pathetic Ric. Still waiting for you to answer that question I asked earlier:

" did you vote for liberal John McCain or liberal Obama?"

Take a chill pill fore you pop, pop :hammerhead:

PSUTURFGEEK
08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Take a good look at the mode of action when comparing Dismiss and sedgehammer. Dismiss will go after the nutlet where sedgehammer will not.

lawns Etc
08-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Too hot temps for Trimec Plus need to be below 85 for several days. It works well but as stated the best ingredient in it MSMA is not allowed on residental turf anylonger.

I use Q4 alot to just have 1 product on crab and works well on sedge too. Havent tried Dismiss but plan to later this week